IGNORED

The Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist/Amazon/Goodwill/etc rant thread

Quest4Nes

Back in Sept (the 30th actually) I bought the Funko Pop Mini Nightmare Before Christmas advent calendar off of Amazon...for December since I know advent calendars sell fast when the holidays roll around. Well the return window closed Oct 30th. I opened the 21st door today and I had a sealed empty package in the slot 😕 no Funko Mini figure. Amazon won't do jack all. So I messaged Funko since it's their fault...error when they made it...wondering what if anything they'd do...probably tell me to shove my complaint up where the sun don't shine.

But yeah, don't buy advent calendars early from Amazon...jeez.

• Sad 2

WOW they suck.  About two weeks before Christmas was when I last tried to fire off anything on ebay because I didn't want to run into someone being pissed an item didn't make it in time if it were a gift.

On the 10th I put out some stuff, most of it showed fine, but one console, and one tv games unit never even showed being dropped off or scanned at all.  I stopped looking after the 20th, figured it got there or I'd have heard some bitching about it by then.  Reading in here I decided to just look.  The handheld TV games Capcom thing I had made it on the 24th, nice.  The console was this stunning PS3 super slim with the god of war saga thrown in.  It shows the USPS only accepted and processed it on the 23rd!  It still hasn't supposedly left the state either... WTF?!  Did they lose it, stuff it under the counter for a couple weeks?!  Damn they just suck.

Thank you post office!!!

We got a new driver a few months back and I have noticed that he likes to drive extremely close to the mailboxes so he doesn't have to get out of the truck.

Yesterday I went out to get my mail and found the number sign for my address on the ground.  It was attached to an arm on a metal post. I suspect he clipped it with the mirror on the mail truck and popped the rivets holding the arm and post together. 

No biggie and I was going to fix it Monday.

It turns out I had a package to be delivered on a rare Sunday USPS delivery.  Just didn't notice it till this afternoon.  I checked the tracking and it says "no access" - which I take it meant the sign was  not visible (I had left it lying on the mailbox since I was planning to just fix it out there.  Despite the fact that the Post Office had written the number on the inside of the door and stuck a barcode in it which I assume will read the address.

No big deal on the package - it is a switch copy of Ittledew and  I don't really need it today.  I just hope they don't make me trek to the post office to retrieve it - despite there being two post offices much closer to me mine is out in Timbuktu.  Plus always really really busy.

I will fix the sign tomorrow - it is going to be chilly so I brought the sign in and most of what I need to do I can do inside rather than outside.  I should be able to elevate the sign by about six inches - see if  that helps.

End rant!

Edited by Tabonga

Oh don't get me started on USPS. As long as I've been alive we've had issues with them. That's 29 years. They either won't deliver the package which can easily fit in our oversized mail box, thus making us go to the post office which because of where we're actually located is much further then it should be (we're closer to one in another city but because we're in another city...like the freaking border of it and the next city...our post office is way the hell out there.). About 5 years ago we got fed up and installed a decommissioned postal box (old fashioned kind that can handle big packages). Friday I had them give me a notice on a package they "attempted" to deliver...reason they didn't leave it? "No Secure Location Available" WUT? Code for our driver is a lazy asshat who never takes packages in her truck because she's too old and lazy to get out of the little truck and walk oh idk 3 feet to the box? Yeah. Oh and then there's all the times stuff arrives damaged looking like they literally drove over it. Or the stuff that never shows up and is lost.

Seriously I hate the USPS. Any other shipping service is better then them. I've never had problems with UPS or FedEx or DHL...why is USPS the trouble child?

WTF!!!

I fixed the sign this AM and the mail man snapped it off again!

I did get the package though.

It may be awhile before I can fix it in a different manner since the weather has turned.  I also have to now replace the extension arm an figure out a new place to put since it is obvious he is dead set to destroy it. I will probably go and get some numbers to stick on the mail box for a temporary solution.

• Haha 2

On the topic of incompetent shipping companies: A couple of times I had to deal with shipping companies that give fake shipping updates. That is, they update the package as "delivered" when they give it to the driver, who might deliver the package the following day, the following week, or never. So you lose all your buyer protection if this happens. I guess they have some stupid workflow that makes it more convenient for them to just update it as "delivered".

Whenever that happens I just get them on them phone and let them know that as far as I'm concerned they can burn the package if they like, but that I insist they don't write it's delivered if it's not.

Social Team · Posted
On 12/28/2020 at 2:08 PM, Astor Reinhardt said:

Oh don't get me started on USPS. As long as I've been alive we've had issues with them. That's 29 years. They either won't deliver the package which can easily fit in our oversized mail box, thus making us go to the post office which because of where we're actually located is much further then it should be (we're closer to one in another city but because we're in another city...like the freaking border of it and the next city...our post office is way the hell out there.). About 5 years ago we got fed up and installed a decommissioned postal box (old fashioned kind that can handle big packages). Friday I had them give me a notice on a package they "attempted" to deliver...reason they didn't leave it? "No Secure Location Available" WUT? Code for our driver is a lazy asshat who never takes packages in her truck because she's too old and lazy to get out of the little truck and walk oh idk 3 feet to the box? Yeah. Oh and then there's all the times stuff arrives damaged looking like they literally drove over it. Or the stuff that never shows up and is lost.

Seriously I hate the USPS. Any other shipping service is better then them. I've never had problems with UPS or FedEx or DHL...why is USPS the trouble child?

Sounds like the captain of the ship SUCKS.   Have you formally complained to the local Post Master?  I'm serious, as a government employee sometimes not complaining allows for bad behavior go uncheck by upper management who actually gives a damn about good public service.  What you are asking for is not the least bit unreasonable and if is deemed so then they should have the curtesy to explain why not.  Maybe there is a legit reason that isn't obvious to you.  But I'm with you, sounds like a shit worker who just assumes no packages of a size can be delivered.  

On 12/28/2020 at 2:08 PM, Astor Reinhardt said:

Overall, my experience in best to worst is

USPS > UPS > FedEx

UPS is a pain to work with and you never know what the price is going to be. FedEx just downright stinks to use, they once left an expensive package "out back" but of course it was stolen. Fortunately the company I ordered from sent me another. There has of course been an uptick on packages stolen, I've had a couple stolen in the past few months.

On 12/24/2020 at 6:41 AM, Kguillemette said:

I just got hit with a negative feedback because usps is taking forever and a day to update their tracking. I'm not sure what I am supposed to do about that.

Unfortunately nothing. I ordered something on ebay which never came. The guy supposedly sent it a long time ago. Since it never arrived I had ebay refund my money. To be fair, I actually suspect the guy didn't send it because the tracking he sent me basically had no real information (package is from Canada). I waited over 30 days before filing with ebay. At any rate, I know delays do happen and packages can get stolen. I don't leave negative feedback to anyone unless they really deserve it - no replies, no money back. If you sell something, make sure it's insured for loss/damage.

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

Unfortunately nothing. I ordered something on ebay which never came. The guy supposedly sent it a long time ago. Since it never arrived I had ebay refund my money. To be fair, I actually suspect the guy didn't send it because the tracking he sent me basically had no real information (package is from Canada). I waited over 30 days before filing with ebay. At any rate, I know delays do happen and packages can get stolen. I don't leave negative feedback to anyone unless they really deserve it - no replies, no money back. If you sell something, make sure it's insured for loss/damage.

I wish more people left feedback anyway. I've made close to 75 sales the last 2 months. If more than 5 people left feedback it wouldn't stick out like such a sore thumb.

All well. I'll try to appeal, since I did my part, and outside of driving across country to deliver it myself, there was nothing more I could do. It was shipped and scanned at the post office the next day. 

I have a hard time blaming the USPS when they’ve had to endure a massive attempt to wreck them before the election on top of the holidays and the pandemic. That being said, it could be much much worse. We could have to deal with a private mail delivery business like FedEx for the rest of our lives. 🤮

All in all though, if slow packages were the biggest problem in my life at any given time I’d be ecstatic.

Edited by The Strangest
  • Like 2

So ive been buying and selling on ebay for years but last night they permanently suspended my account because they think that something i have legitimately put up there is fraudulent and now i cannot state my case. Furthermore i have items that ive bought and paid for and awaiting shipping but can no longer see them. What on earth can i do??  I cannot even find a number to call that isn’t automated machine 

3 minutes ago, Matthewnimmo said:

So ive been buying and selling on ebay for years but last night they permanently suspended my account because they think that something i have legitimately put up there is fraudulent and now i cannot state my case. Furthermore i have items that ive bought and paid for and awaiting shipping but can no longer see them. What on earth can i do??  I cannot even find a number to call that isn’t automated machine 

I've been talking to a couple people on other site dealing with the same situation. It sucks that Ebay now requires people to use the contact form which only active members can use instead of the customer support number being down due to covid. They would give you a call back. That's how it's working now.

1 hour ago, Bonanza125 said:

I've been talking to a couple people on other site dealing with the same situation. It sucks that Ebay now requires people to use the contact form which only active members can use instead of the customer support number being down due to covid. They would give you a call back. That's how it's working now.

Wow. Yeah and if you’re suspended you can’t use the contact form lol. So people get screwed. Well hopefully I’ll figure something out. Got items still being shipped 

On 12/29/2020 at 12:33 PM, FireHazard51 said:

Sounds like the captain of the ship SUCKS.   Have you formally complained to the local Post Master?  I'm serious, as a government employee sometimes not complaining allows for bad behavior go uncheck by upper management who actually gives a damn about good public service.  What you are asking for is not the least bit unreasonable and if is deemed so then they should have the curtesy to explain why not.  Maybe there is a legit reason that isn't obvious to you.  But I'm with you, sounds like a shit worker who just assumes no packages of a size can be delivered.  

I've never complained because I figure they could give a rats ass about the issue and if the mail lady found out we complained...more stuff might arrive "damaged" or go "missing".

Events Team · Posted
On 12/28/2020 at 12:08 PM, Astor Reinhardt said:

"No Secure Location Available" WUT? Code for our driver is a lazy asshat...

Hahaha.  Had the exact same thing happen this month with a medium flat rate.  I scheduled it for redelivery with instructions for it to be placed on the porch.  No redlivery occurred, just another pink slip with a "final warning" to retrieve the package. 

I'll give em the benefit of the doubt this season though.  Trump cutbacks plus unprecedented deliveries due to COVID.  I wouldn't be surprised if the package wasn't even on the truck the first time around.  Probably just went out with a wad of pink slips for "undeliverable packages."

Edited by JamesRobot

1 hour ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

I've never complained because I figure they could give a rats ass about the issue and if the mail lady found out we complained...more stuff might arrive "damaged" or go "missing".

100%. We had an issue with our previous mail carrier. We first tried to speak to them nicely, then things got worse so when we talked to the Branch Manager or whatever they are called  stuff really started getting quite irritating and ridiculous. My wife would get all of her mail in one day, then I would get all of mine another day. Packages that stated clearly "Do not Bend" were bent to be placed inside the mail box when it could have been placed differently without issue. Packages that could barely fit were shoved into the mail box, but from their end where they place the package there is no issue, but when you retrieve the package from the front it wouldn't fit as the door would prevent it from being removed (previously these packages would be dropped off at the door). We got a letter stating the mail box was full, so mail was undeliverable, but I couldn't communicate to them that I was unable to remove the package, so we had to talk to the branch manager to please tell the mail carrier the box is not removable and that process took a few days for the mail carrier to get the message as they did not see the notes I was leaving on the community postal box. Then, on a package that was dropped off at the house door as it was a huge box, they pounded on the door as if the house was on fire. They could have used a doorbell... I gave them a piece of my mind. It was this and other things and they just make you go HMMM. Thankfully the mail carrier ended up retiring and our new mail carrier/s have been doing their job correctly.

Unless you need to complain on something like mail being held or something that serious impacts your mail service, don't. Like the Branch manager told us, "Short of you all moving, there is nothing we can do."

Edited by Mega Tank
  • Sad 2

I want to use ebay with a parcel forwarding service. I'm aware that I lose my buyer protection but it's mainly for cheap items that are worth the risk. Stuff like common manual.

The service I'm using can combine packages so I can order from several different sellers and get the shipping to my country cheaper. But they can only store the package for 2 weeks (waiting for the other orders) before they charge fees.

How much does it normally take for economy mail (whatever it is sellers offering free s&h on cheap stuff probably use)  to be delivered in the US? Say, between different states. And from Canada to the US?

Administrator · Posted
6 hours ago, sg17 said:

I want to use ebay with a parcel forwarding service. I'm aware that I lose my buyer protection but it's mainly for cheap items that are worth the risk. Stuff like common manual.

The service I'm using can combine packages so I can order from several different sellers and get the shipping to my country cheaper. But they can only store the package for 2 weeks (waiting for the other orders) before they charge fees.

How much does it normally take for economy mail (whatever it is sellers offering free s&h on cheap stuff probably use)  to be delivered in the US? Say, between different states. And from Canada to the US?

For inside the US, typically 3-5 business days for that stuff, but right now everything is such a mess that it could possible take 2-3 weeks.

Have you made any US friends here?   I know it's not unheard of to have items shipped to somebody and then once it's worthwhile they send off a package to you.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

For inside the US, typically 3-5 business days for that stuff, but right now everything is such a mess that it could possible take 2-3 weeks.

The regular mail is jacked up also - I have had several bills I mailed out (in country) that didn't post until 3-4 weeks after I mailed them.  Fortunately I always send out bills mondo early so I am not looking at late fees and interest - I was getting worried about two that posted today - one was due on the 10th and the other on the 7th.                                 

4 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Have you made any US friends here?   I know it's not unheard of to have items shipped to somebody and then once it's worthwhile they send off a package to you.

Thanks for the advice and the info! And yes, I thought about it, maybe in the future I'll try something like that.