IGNORED

The Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist/Amazon/Goodwill/etc rant thread

Quest4Nes

54 minutes ago, Nes Freak said:

hey have you guys ever been polite and every thing going well and then suddenly just blocked  with a message basically saying i dont like you now get lost?

heres how it went.   this guy has a rare sign that was way over priced so i did some research to get an idea of what they generally go for.   i basically told him i was interested  but the market for these are generally much lower according to the research on the internet.  i was willing to pay a more resonable price if he was willing to come down  and also said i wasnt trying to low ball but was just stating the facts.  i get no reply for about a week  so i figured ok hes not interested.  thats fine with me. 

but then he replies and said "no im good."  i said ah ok  just curious what offers have you gotten  he said about 500 to 1000 more than  what i thought they were going for.  so i asked him about conditions and he sent pictures.  everything was going fine and was just going to just accept his lowest offer.  i went to give an offer and get an error.  i go back to message him and find another message saying

"however i dont like you lecturing me on my price so i wont sell to you regardless"

i was professional toward and never rude toward him.  i was simply telling the truth  on the market value.  and the guy blocked me for that.

frankly i was very surprised by his 180 turn on me.  i apologized saying i never ment to be rude and wasnt trying to lecture him on the price  and to please allow me to purchase  but no reply.  i guess my money isnt good enough for him.  oh well...

i called ebay and reported him for it. (yes you can do that in this case)

ive had one other seller like this but the last one was much worse  as i simply asked what his lowest offer he was willing to do and he blocked me.  and basically told me to F**k off.

Over all most people on ebay are nice to work with but there always those few arse holes i will tell ya...

You ever go to a flea market and see the one seller who's always there and always has the same stuff because it never sells? and said guy looks like he hasnt showered in years and you occasionally see him freaking out on someone thats looking at their table, for seemingly no reason? and there is clearly something "off" with the guy? 

You found him

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

You ever go to a flea market and see the one seller who's always there and always has the same stuff because it never sells? and said guy looks like he hasnt showered in years and you occasionally see him freaking out on someone thats looking at their table, for seemingly no reason? and there is clearly something "off" with the guy? 

You found him

i believe you are right 😛

On 2/1/2021 at 7:10 PM, Nes Freak said:

heres how it went.   this guy has a rare sign that was way over priced so i did some research to get an idea of what they generally go for.   i basically told him i was interested  but the market for these are generally much lower according to the research on the internet.  i was willing to pay a more resonable price if he was willing to come down  and also said i wasnt trying to low ball but was just stating the facts.  i get no reply for about a week  so i figured ok hes not interested.  thats fine with me. 

but then he replies and said "no im good."  i said ah ok  just curious what offers have you gotten  he said about 500 to 1000 more than  what i thought they were going for.  so i asked him about conditions and he sent pictures.  everything was going fine and was just going to just accept his lowest offer.  i went to give an offer and get an error.  i go back to message him and find another message saying

"however i dont like you lecturing me on my price so i wont sell to you regardless"

i was professional toward and never rude toward him.  i was simply telling the truth  on the market value.  and the guy blocked me for that.

frankly i was very surprised by his 180 turn on me.  i apologized saying i never ment to be rude and wasnt trying to lecture him on the price  and to please allow me to purchase  but no reply.  i guess my money isnt good enough for him.  oh well...

i called ebay and reported him for it. (yes you can do that in this case)

ive had one other seller like this but the last one was much worse  as i simply asked what his lowest offer he was willing to do and he blocked me.  and basically told me to F**k off.

Not everybody is nice. He wasn't interested. He should've just said he was Firm on his price and be done with it. It's all part of the business. You get people like that. I wouldn't have wasted any time calling Ebay. Every second you waited for a person/talked to a person was a waste of time. They will do nothing. Yes you can report it but nothing happens.

Just got my first Neutral feedback as a seller on ebay.

Buyer's comment: "It said it would come in early and didn't notify me about the new estimated date"

Like ebay's automated messages about shipping are my responsibility. AND HE GOT IT EARLIER. And that particular item was in superb condition with all the inserts and stuff.

Some people.

Edited by WhyNotZoidberg

22 hours ago, Bonanza125 said:

Not everybody is nice. He wasn't interested. He should've just said he was Firm on his price and be done with it. It's all part of the business. You get people like that. I wouldn't have wasted any time calling Ebay. Every second you waited for a person/talked to a person was a waste of time. They will do nothing. Yes you can report it but nothing happens.

that would have been nice,  and true but i was caught up in the moment.  and tbh the wait wasn't bad, only 1 minute.  i must have gotten lucky.  it will probably take another year or two but i'll find another.  that's life lol.

Edited by Nes Freak

Just a quick follow up on my previous post  regarding the seller with the rare sign that blocked me for "lecturing him".

i tried to use my sister account  (completely different name and info)  i sent an offer  and the guy declined stating "i was 9 minutes from another buyer i was having issues with which was to coincidental."

the part that bugs me is how he knew that both accounts were 9 minutes from each other...  doesn't ebay not show exact locations until the item is purchased does it?  my sisters account has never been used to sell nor had any items for sale on it  the profile doesnt give any info either and the account is a few years old with feedback.

well i didnt know this but sending offers also send the shipping location (town and state) so i give up.  the guy is over priced anyways.

23 minutes ago, Nes Freak said:

the part that bugs me is how he knew that both accounts were 9 minutes from each other...  doesn't ebay not show exact locations until the item is purchased does it?  my sisters account has never been used to sell nor had any items for sale on it  the profile doesnt give any info either and the account is a few years old with feedback.

well i didnt know this but sending offers also send the shipping location (town and state) so i give up.  the guy is over priced anyways.

If you make an offer on Ebay the seller is able to see what city, state and zip code the buyer is from.  I am just making a guess which might be accurate this rare sign you are making an offer on isn't getting much interest. If you made an offer with a shipping address from one location and then make another offer on another account with a location 9 minutes away a seller knows whats up. It doesn't take much to put two together.

So this actually happened to me a couple years back, but I've never heard or experienced anything like it, so I feel I should share...

I buy A LOT of stuff on eBay, and get stuff cancelled/rude comments/blatant chicanery pretty often from sellers, which I figure comes with the territory given the amount of games I buy.  Sometimes I look for CIB lots and will direct message the seller asking if they will pull specific games out.  I found a listing that had 2 GBA games, one which was rare (NBA Jam 2002) along with a bunch of garbage Star Wars and Backyard Sports titles, and in the listing, the guy says "If you want only certain games, I'd be happy to pull them out and put them in a bundle for you."  So I message him and I say, how about $30 for NBA Jam and this other game, which was probably a low ball offer, but at the time wasn't egregious, and the Seller agrees.  So I message him, "Do you know how to do a private sale? Please don't put pics of the items, or put a really high BIN OBO and I'll make you an offer for $30" and he's like, "Yeah, I got it."  So, of course, he takes pics of the two games and posts a listing for $30 BIN, sends me the listing #, and in the 30 seconds between the time he lists it and I get to it, it has already been bought by another eBayer...If you think you know where this is going, I bet you are wrong!

So I'm real nice to the guy, and I tell him I would appreciate it if he cancels the transaction and re-posts for me - I reminded him he had promised it to me first and we had worked out the deal.  I also tell him he has no obligation to me other than doing what he thinks is right, and I warn him that the other buyer will almost certainly leave negative feedback - It is up to him.  He says he needs to call eBay and see what they recommend - Of course eBay recommends just mailing it to the actual buyer...and I have no recourse to even give negative feedback since I haven't technically bought anything.  But the seller, bless his dumb-but-morally faithful heart, decides to side with me and re-list the games...this time he doesn't add any pics and does the high BIN OBO strategy I recommended up front...Of course the other buyer gives him totally warranted negative feedback that says something like "Cancelled Transaction/and sold to another buyer for higher price."  But here is where it gets weird...the Seller listed the item as "GBA games for NakedWarrior" with my username right in the listing, SO THE OTHER BUYER SENDS ME A MESSAGE ALONG THE LINES OF "YOU BACKDOORED ME ON THAT NBA JAM DEAL! COMPLETELY UNFAIR!" Blah blah blah about how I'm the bad guy.  I was like, "Look man, I don't know what you are talking about, but it wasn't me that caused your problem."  Seriously? WTF?  Who goes after another buyer in a situation like that? C'mon man!  I get you are upset, but how am I to blame? Still doesn't sit right with me like 3 years later.

Final fact: That other buyer is a quasi-active member on this site, and has even posted in this thread.  I used to send offers for his listings on eBay, but I have chosen not to buy anything from him since that incident.

Edited by Naked Warrior
not good at words
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

6 hours ago, Bonanza125 said:

If you make an offer on Ebay the seller is able to see what city, state and zip code the buyer is from.  I am just making a guess which might be accurate this rare sign you are making an offer on isn't getting much interest. If you made an offer with a shipping address from one location and then make another offer on another account with a location 9 minutes away a seller knows whats up. It doesn't take much to put two together.

True but hes not native to california so he would have had to look up the two locations to find that out.  i don't have offer turn on on my account when i sell so i had no idea it gave that info.  it wouldn't have mattered anyways  as soon as i bought it he would have refunded me as soon as he saw the shipping address.  im going to get a n64 kiosk locally instead.

Oh man I want to punch a wall right now 

I sell a item for parts / repair 

condition : parts - not working 

In the description it’s mentioned again parts / repair / not working as/is

the negative feedback I get that the item was broken and doesn’t work after cleaning ( which the buyer said I mentioned in the listing . Nope )

ebays system now really sucks dealing with this since ya can’t call em up and talk to a person. 
so damn automated that it’s pointless.  

and requesting a FB removal didn’t even help, don’t think the person that looked at the listing understood that the item was being sold for parts either. 

now I gotta see what’s next cause I hate idiots that don’t know what they are buying.  

• Wow! 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Punkr13 said:

Follow up if ya want to talk to a eBay rep I guess this is the way - got this from a chat rep

C2846D4E-5B4B-4263-B61E-374F7BC36516.png

Yes you have to request a call back through the site now. I tried using the call back today and they aren't available right now. You could probably get that negative feedback removed appealing it. The buyer clearly didn't read the ad.

21 hours ago, Naked Warrior said:

Final fact: That other buyer is a quasi-active member on this site, and has even posted in this thread.  I used to send offers for his listings on eBay, but I have chosen not to buy anything from him since that incident.

Seems to me, if they're a member here and are likely to see this, they need to grow up.  You had a deal, he unwittingly tried to step in the middle of it and snake an item you had a gentlemans agreement on.  One backdoor got backdoored by the original agreed buyer... tough.

10 hours ago, Bonanza125 said:

Yes you have to request a call back through the site now. I tried using the call back today and they aren't available right now. You could probably get that negative feedback removed appealing it. The buyer clearly didn't read the ad.

Yeah the email that I sent to a rep worked better than the actual request to remove.  
they even apologized that it wasn’t done the first time 

well next time I’ll just call cause it’s just better being on the phone with a person. 

On 2/4/2021 at 1:01 AM, Naked Warrior said:

Based on the information that the other buy had, he had all the reason in the world to be upset.  You don't mention in your post whether or not you explained to him what actually happened.

On 2/4/2021 at 1:01 AM, Naked Warrior said:

I was like, "Look man, I don't know what you are talking about, but it wasn't me that caused your problem." 

I honestly hope you told him more than that and explained what actually happened.  

Just to be clear, you did nothing wrong.  But the other buyer has absolutely no way of knowing that you did nothing wrong.  Based on the information available to him, any reasonable person would assume you backdoored the sale and stole it at a higher price.  It sucks for you that the seller screwed up and made you look like the bad guy, but you have no reason to be upset at the other buyer.  He didn't act unreasonable based on the information you provided in your post.  

I got a fun one from ebay land, it's not bad, well, not for me.  eBay fouled up this guys address despite changing it in the system.  Either way when I mailed out last week a Zelda style 101 GBA SP it ended up going to the dudes former address despite sending a correction of address form, from what I can tell more than once, and he's been arguing with them. Random mail goes to the old or new address.  The GBA went there, he wrote me upset that it was being sent back because when he talked to the carrier at the post office they refused to forward it and sent it as return to sender to me (this is up in New Jersey.)  I guess the USPS is pretty hard up for money, rather than keep it in state, they want twice the shipping the wankers.

Whenever it gets back here he wants to pay to ship it yet again to the right address, got him to talk to me over gmail off site using choice words to share my email through their in system blocker on ebay mail.  I feel sorry for the guy, probably just going to eat the $5 and mail it to him as that's just crap to pull that stunt.

13 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

Based on the information that the other buy had, he had all the reason in the world to be upset.  You don't mention in your post whether or not you explained to him what actually happened.

I honestly hope you told him more than that and explained what actually happened.  

Just to be clear, you did nothing wrong.  But the other buyer has absolutely no way of knowing that you did nothing wrong.  Based on the information available to him, any reasonable person would assume you backdoored the sale and stole it at a higher price.  It sucks for you that the seller screwed up and made you look like the bad guy, but you have no reason to be upset at the other buyer.  He didn't act unreasonable based on the information you provided in your post.  

I hear you, and no doubt he had the right to be upset.  I mean, he did the right thing by leaving negative feedback...But I just find it super-sketch that someone would take advantage of the fact that the seller put my username in the title to confront me...I didn't explain the situation to him because he should have never even known that I bought it - my username would have been confidential if the seller wouldn't have put it in the title...and I was shocked that someone would abuse a seller's mistake like that to go after another buyer.  I didn't feel like I owed him an explanation.  I don't bully anybody for any reason, but I understand not everybody is as laid back as I am, plus maybe buying/selling games is how he feeds his family and the stakes are higher for him...but if I was going to bully somebody, you better believe I would have an air-tight version of the full picture before I shot my mouth off.

43 minutes ago, Naked Warrior said:

I hear you, and no doubt he had the right to be upset.  I mean, he did the right thing by leaving negative feedback...But I just find it super-sketch that someone would take advantage of the fact that the seller put my username in the title to confront me...I didn't explain the situation to him because he should have never even known that I bought it - my username would have been confidential if the seller wouldn't have put it in the title...and I was shocked that someone would abuse a seller's mistake like that to go after another buyer.  I didn't feel like I owed him an explanation.  I don't bully anybody for any reason, but I understand not everybody is as laid back as I am, plus maybe buying/selling games is how he feeds his family and the stakes are higher for him...but if I was going to bully somebody, you better believe I would have an air-tight version of the full picture before I shot my mouth off.

Again, I stand by the fact that you did nothing wrong, but simply going by the odds, the other buyer had plenty of reason to believe what he thought happened.  I probably would have done the exact same thing he did if I was in that situation.  And the other buyer didn't really bully you.  A single message calling out scummy behavior isn't bullying.  It's just unfortunately that in this extremely unusual situation, he was wrong about his assumption.  

I've been in the same situation (except in my case, I was able to verify 100% backdooring).  I called the guy out and blasted him on a local Facebook page.  Considering he had done it many times to others, I believe it's important for others to know who to stay away from in local groups.  

Your situation definitely sucks, but in my opinion, your beef should be with the seller only.  

11 hours ago, Naked Warrior said:

I didn't explain the situation to him 

you better believe I would have an air-tight version of the full picture before I shot my mouth off.

do you not see the irony and/or hypocrisy of refusing to "explain the situation" yet calling out someone for not knowing "the full picture"?

47 minutes ago, twiztor said:

do you not see the irony and/or hypocrisy of refusing to "explain the situation" yet calling out someone for not knowing "the full picture"?

Not really. TBH, even if I would have "backdoored" him and he knew for 100% sure that I did, his problem is still with the seller.  I had an eBay seller do the exact same thing to me last week...Accepted my offer, cancelled it 10 minutes later. I messaged him what was up, he said someone messaged him with a higher price. I said, "How much? Will you sell it to me for that much since you promised it to me first?" He said, No, it was too much trouble for him to do the reversal. I left negative feedback.  I have no ill will toward that buyer - He wanted something, he offered more money, the scumbag seller took it.  My relationship with the other buyer is/should be nothing.  I was always confused as to why people get so upset with the person their wife/significant other cheats on them with (if that person is a stranger)...Your wife/husband is committed to you and has vowed not to cheat on you. The person s/he has an affair with doesn't know anything about you, and as far as s/he knows, s/he is doing nothing wrong.  It is the same situation here - The seller is the cheating wife, the other buyer is the husband, and I'm the other man.  He doesn't know me, why should he be upset with me?  And I still don't see why I owe him an explanation, that's the cheating wife's job to explain.  I mean it isn't really that big of deal - The other buyer got to blow off some steam, and I'll never transact with that person again.  I doubt it will affect either of us in a meaningful way.  I just shared the story because it seemed really odd to me, but apparently it is standard practice 😉. Hahaha.

1 hour ago, Bonanza125 said:

@Naked WarriorSometimes it's best in the long run on Ebay to just buy the whole lot the way it is rather than dealing with having a seller create a new listing.  As you described it became a hassle. 

True that is.

What a dumbass, Puerto Rico is another country?  Yeah...no territory pal and uses the USPS.  Shipped just fine there without using import forms. 🙂  Everything below just bleeds mental instability.  I got to wonder who buys off this guy and feels comfortable giving the guy a legit address.  You know once he cracks eventually, you'll start getting self published tin foil hat readers about everything from aliens probing his back end to liberal government mental programming rants to stuff like conspiracy theories about bigfoot, jfk, and hitler all living still today with elvis in a bunker hiding somewhere in south america. 😄

9 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

In the event of a backdoor transaction, the second buyer is just as much of a scumbag as the seller.  End of story.  

I agree, I got burned a pair of shit bags like that on Facebook 2 nights ago.  This guy from Canada in a private Gameboy Color Advance closed group put a picture of 8 GB/GBC games up for sale.  A few were asking, what I asked about not one other did.  I asked about TMNT3 GB and both Oracle Zelda GBC games.  He wanted $30 on the GB and $25/ea on the pair ($80 total.)  I told him I thought it looked good, that I would take it from public discussion to a PM to push the convo forward.  I had to be out some hours, got back to later and asked about shipping, he told me he was in Canada and he figured no more than 7.50 which I agreed.  He even offered to send more better pics which I was fine not having.

A couple minutes later...it went to hell.  It's easier if I paste this bullshit.  Keep in mind the point between here and going private was at least 6+ hours and others had inquired about other games, not those because I did first.

His name is Jordan Nurgle out of Canada if you see him on facebook marketplace, game groups, avoid, he doesn't honor his deals.

Jordan sent Yesterday at 12:04 AM
Hey sorry though man, some people said I'm getting ripped off at the price I'm selling

You sent Yesterday at 12:05 AM
Guess they got mad they didn't get a first chance, salty, figures

Jordan sent Yesterday at 12:06 AM
I'm only looking for a price that is fair to the both of us so I'm just gonna hold off a little

Jordan sent Yesterday at 12:06 AM
They offered basically double so I'm taking that

You sent Yesterday at 12:07 AM
So you don't honor your prices, got it.

Jordan sent Yesterday at 12:09 AM
Yep. That's it

Jordan sent Yesterday at 12:09 AM
I'm selling the stuff for a kid I've got coming. I'm looking for fair price for us both and if I'm selling for 50% of fair market price I'm not gonna sell that much if I don't know originally what the price is

Jordan sent Yesterday at 12:12 AM
You even said yourself you're looking for deals and if others are asking about the games go with them. They are and someone said TMNT is an easy $60 sale. Sorry man but I'm not a charity and if someone feels that's a good price I'm doing what's best for me. Sorry it's not good for you but nothing was set between us

You sent Yesterday at 12:13 AM
Well we'll see what the admin thinks I wrote them, you made a price, I agreed to it. Have a nice night.

Jordan sent Yesterday at 12:14 AM
We had no confirmation, but feel free to send them a message. I'm not the one who wanted to take the discussion from the thread to private messages bro. That's all on you after they requested all discussion happen in thread.. Cheers and good luck in future purchases

** TMNT3 sells for $40-50 and the Zelda games commonly do sell for what he asked maybe +5 outside of tools buying overpriced BINs on any of it.  He got over inflated values by a backdoor to take another offer.
Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1