IGNORED

The Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist/Amazon/Goodwill/etc rant thread

Quest4Nes

This is odd.  There was a set of three books listed separately by the same seller and I wanted to see what the combined shipping would be.

I tried to contact the seller via ebay and got this message:

"

We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately due to the high volume of messages this seller receives, they are unable to respond to your specific question right now. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.

At an earlier step in the process they give their (business) email address.  Which seems an obvious dodge if one wanted to set up a transaction outside of ebay.  The high volume makes no sense since the seller has a whopping 26 items listed right now.

I tried the email and got a failure message that stated the account had been disabled,

Very odd.
Edited by Tabonga

The two most pricey items of mine to clear on ebay an hour ago BOTH had deadbeats that won't honor the sale, one won't pay, the other paid, both demanding a refund/cancellation.  What the F?!  I mean I've seen this maybe once or twice a year, but this?

Feel free to block:

jakestamets80 $86 deadbeat on DS new typing with pokemon english
eddan41 for $150 on a GBA SP 101 refurb that I did like the european zelda style from the minish cap box

I really could have used that. >:\

I think this is still up on ebay but it's so bad I had to take the image.  $45 which is full value on a clean nice cart of this game.  It's listed as just 'worn.'  Looks more like the haunted swamp edition of the game, and they so nicely glued the label back on so Game Boy was easily read too.

cv2gbworn45.jpg

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 2

I always cringe when I see people overestimating the condition of their items. It seems most people have such low standards. If I was seller I'd always list the item a condition below what I think it is, and put photos that emphasize all the defects, so that whoever buys it will be happy with his purchase.

Got a Facebook marketplace user, local over the river feeling like he could pull a fast one or find a sucker, gets salty when he gets nowhere.  I grabbed the video to save, it's 15MB, clearly shows what it needed to once you read below.  I had it posted at 350.

----

Just warning, I never do this, but I just had to block someone, not sure if they're in the group or if you know them from another. Joseph Ridenour from Southern Indiana.

Guy wrote me a half hour ago interested in my very modded PCE Duo with a couple games, scart, half dozen mods to it.

Told me he didn't pay over $100 without seeing it, talked me into unpacking it which I had thickly and well wrapped everything individually. I finally get it out and plugged in, then he says he can't pay what I ask, so I asked how much. He says $200, that's it.

I'll paste it below to be transparent. A video is referred to. I took a 1MIN video of Dracula X (english translated PCE Works) working, last half I pull back to show the PCE running it. Here's the replies. Fuck this idiot.

Joseph

Joseph sent Today at 10:50 PM

$200

You sent Today at 10:50 PM

Wow you really wasted my time
and I just unpacked it
I would have done 300 but not a dime under, it's already more than reasonable given the updates
📷
Joseph

Joseph sent Today at 10:53 PM

You didn't unpack shit. Tell me why its worth 300.

You sent Today at 10:55 PM

You sent Today at 10:55 PM

I didn’t you stupid cheap horses ass? Look at eBay sales. Show me a pile of $200 duos with all those mods and included stuff. You’re a time waster. System shows last half of the clip
📷
Joseph

Joseph sent Today at 11:01 PM

Cool video.
Joseph sent Today at 11:01 PM
English sucks

You sent Today at 11:01 PM

You wanted a video you got it. The system though you won’t. Not with that attitude. Bother someone else.
📷
Joseph

Joseph sent Today at 11:02 PM

No worries brother. I'm gonna spend that $200 on a mega system and 4 games tomorrow instead.

Social Team · Posted

You guys are really making me want to start throwing my hat into the ring of selling crap on e-bay.  But on the another note I've been searching e-bay for some cheap, nice, used stuff and was surprised at the deals that can be found (non-gaming stuff).  I'm guessing an economy is making some people want to sell there stuff fast so it's appropriately priced to do that.  Price is so low and in such good condition I halfway thought it might be hot but looking at other items for sale I just think the guy needs the money.

Social Team · Posted

This isn't a shit interaction with the public but in buying an open box TV via Newegg is pissing me off.  I ordered it on Saturday and they still show it as in process.  I know we had a holiday on Monday but I was in a rush to buy the TV for two reasons.  I want it now so I can use it (obviously) but I'll be out of town soon and don't want the damn thing to arrive when I'm gone.

I've already started to shop around incase this falls through (good deal so rather not).  But if it does then that means I'll "upgrade" to another TV which will cost me $200 more....this was suppose to be a budget TV as it's not to be replacing our main TV. 

I ordered something from Analogue, as soon as I saw that it was shipped with FedEx I involuntarily said “Oh no” out loud and looks like I was right.

I decided to check the tracking info this afternoon for some reason and it said “Delivered at 10 AM.” Weird since I never heard the doorbell ring or a knock on my door, but whatever. I went to look and there’s nothing. Not in the mailbox or anywhere around the property either.

I’m guessing it’s one of two scenarios:

1. Delivered but there was no knock or doorbell ring to let me know, and it’s been stolen between then and now.

2. Delivered to the wrong house.

Awesome. Never had this issue with USPS, it’s always been UPS or FedEx.

Analogue switched to Fedex?  Back when the SuperNT came out they were using UPS and they wanted like $30 to ship the console and I don't even live that far away but UPS sucks like that, along with how boxes tend to get dents and holes with those idiots.  It's why I quit trying to buy from them and got one elsewhere.

I just double checked, when they shipped my Mega SG in April 2020 it was via FedEx as well. I didn’t have any issues with this one.

Yeah, the shipping cost for the Mega SG adapter set was an additional $18 which was annoying, but I’d pay a lot more to avoid having to play Game Gear games on original hardware.

PSA for anybody ordering from places like Castlemania or Stone Age Gamer using the PayPal checkout option.  I noticed on both these sites for some reason, when their crappy cart software extracted my address from paypal, they changed my state and zip to Hong Kong.  FFS.  Unfortunately I didn't catch the change the first time,  so the MODE I ordered has been touring the world for the past month.  It's been vacationing in Miami for the past four days.  Seller says I'll just have to wait for it to come back to them so they can ship it out again.  I'm mad.  😠

Edited by CMR

I am afraid I am gonna be in for an expensive lesson. I did not realize Virginia lowered the IRS reporting amount down to a measly $600 from $20k. I am afraid this may cost me a good chuck of my tax return and had no idea it even went into affect. I spoke with some others who sell way more than me and most of them had no idea either.

This pretty much ends my days selling, and I’m not sure what I will do for things from my collection that I no longer want. 

15 minutes ago, snes_collector said:

I am afraid I am gonna be in for an expensive lesson. I did not realize Virginia lowered the IRS reporting amount down to a measly $600 from $20k. I am afraid this may cost me a good chuck of my tax return and had no idea it even went into affect. I spoke with some others who sell way more than me and most of them had no idea either.

This pretty much ends my days selling, and I’m not sure what I will do for things from my collection that I no longer want. 

Ahh another state I'll never wish to move to... Massachusetts pulls that at the same cap too.  Friend of mine lives there and basically what he does as do others around there so it lie to the government.  They post stuff on facebook only and only sell locally, and when something sells, they just pull it down, don't mark it as a transaction and treat it like a side deal for cash.  It really limits what you can get rid of though when those government crooks decide that you should be double taxed on stuff, once when you buy it, then when you get rid of it short of destruction or the trash can.  It's disgusting.  You can also use paypal if you mail, just do friends and family since it isn't tracked as income, and have the gifter not mention what it is for so that stays a mystery to their end.  Just be careful on that, use a place like this where dickery is squashed with extreme prejudice.

Edited by Tanooki

If there's anything anyone here can help you with to dodge those local crooks, I'm sure some here you could trust with friends and family.  It couldn't hurt to post a list in that right space, and mention your problem, leave it up to the buyer to decide the risk.  That is, if the admin is ok with people going that route to help you out as it's kind of shunned due to scam possibilities.

hey have you guys ever been polite and every thing going well and then suddenly just blocked  with a message basically saying i dont like you now get lost?

heres how it went.   this guy has a rare sign that was way over priced so i did some research to get an idea of what they generally go for.   i basically told him i was interested  but the market for these are generally much lower according to the research on the internet.  i was willing to pay a more resonable price if he was willing to come down  and also said i wasnt trying to low ball but was just stating the facts.  i get no reply for about a week  so i figured ok hes not interested.  thats fine with me. 

but then he replies and said "no im good."  i said ah ok  just curious what offers have you gotten  he said about 500 to 1000 more than  what i thought they were going for.  so i asked him about conditions and he sent pictures.  everything was going fine and was just going to just accept his lowest offer.  i went to give an offer and get an error.  i go back to message him and find another message saying

"however i dont like you lecturing me on my price so i wont sell to you regardless"

i was professional toward and never rude toward him.  i was simply telling the truth  on the market value.  and the guy blocked me for that.

frankly i was very surprised by his 180 turn on me.  i apologized saying i never ment to be rude and wasnt trying to lecture him on the price  and to please allow me to purchase  but no reply.  i guess my money isnt good enough for him.  oh well...

i called ebay and reported him for it. (yes you can do that in this case)

ive had one other seller like this but the last one was much worse  as i simply asked what his lowest offer he was willing to do and he blocked me.  and basically told me to F**k off.

Over all most people on ebay are nice to work with but there always those few arse holes i will tell ya...

• Wow! 1