IGNORED

The Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist/Amazon/Goodwill/etc rant thread

Quest4Nes

On 6/18/2020 at 3:49 PM, NESfiend said:

My wife bought me a sealed game on ebay for father's day. 2 days and no shipping info or contact from seller. Then he sends a refund with a stock reason that the item is either damaged or out of stock. Other than negative feedback, is there anything we can do? I'm pretty pissed and will complain to ebay if he will see any ramifications. I assume they can't enforce the sale, but that crap shouldn't go without any sort of penalty.

I've been in your position before many of times. Nothing will be done. You call Ebay and they are like robots. They will agree and say yes yes you are right and nothing happens. You leave a negative there will be a chance it gets removed. Should there be a penalty? Yes. Will there be a penalty? No.

• 2 weeks later...

Over the weekend I went on a game store run for the first time in a couple months. Found a few good cheap games at Gamestop and took advantage of the B2G2 sale. I always hate their sales pitch, especially when they take forever, and when you say no, you get another long sales pitch on something else, but I put up with it and always wait for them to finish and just say "No thank you". Get through the sales pitch for pro membership.... "No thank you". I get the pitch for disc protection... "No thank you". Finally it's time to pay and my total is like $26, whereas my games total up to $22 after tax (~10% tax rate). Turns out he tried to throw on the disc protection anyways. I wasn't having it and called him out on it. I don't hate Gamestop like a lot of people do, but not a good way to keep customers coming into your store. 

Administrator · Posted
50 minutes ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

Over the weekend I went on a game store run for the first time in a couple months. Found a few good cheap games at Gamestop and took advantage of the B2G2 sale. I always hate their sales pitch, especially when they take forever, and when you say no, you get another long sales pitch on something else, but I put up with it and always wait for them to finish and just say "No thank you". Get through the sales pitch for pro membership.... "No thank you". I get the pitch for disc protection... "No thank you". Finally it's time to pay and my total is like $26, whereas my games total up to $22 after tax (~10% tax rate). Turns out he tried to throw on the disc protection anyways. I wasn't having it and called him out on it. I don't hate Gamestop like a lot of people do, but not a good way to keep customers coming into your store. 

You need to also take that up with the store manager (and then perhaps the district manager), that's ridiculous.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

You need to also take that up with the store manager (and then perhaps the district manager), that's ridiculous.

You're right, I should have. I'm pretty sure his name tag said he was a manager, or lead, or something, but I don't remember for sure. I don't stop by often but if it happens again I will definitely report it. I think I was just under the assumption "Just Gamestop things" and upper management wouldn't care, but should at least mention it. 

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

You're right, I should have. I'm pretty sure his name tag said he was a manager, or lead, or something, but I don't remember for sure. I don't stop by often but if it happens again I will definitely report it. I think I was just under the assumption "Just Gamestop things" and upper management wouldn't care, but should at least mention it. 

Your receipt will have the name on it.   Take the survey, give low numbers, and mention that in the comments and that should get some action going.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just that people don't seem to know how to take a picture or sell something properly.  A blurry picture where I can't read the game titles, look at the disc or labels and see if they are in good condition or not.  It's either too close so you don't get to see the edges, or it's so far away when you zoom in it's all pixelated and you can't make out the details you want.  The descriptions basically say, "I just quick posted this with no details, buy it".  Pricing being all wrong.  Torn and ripped up labels, chipped carts and broken pieces but still working?  Clearly it should go for 140% of the current value.  Not to mention all the chinese knockoffs you have to skim through to get to the good authentic stuff but that's another story.

Not gaming related, but it's still an eBay rant.  I bought some car parts for my father in law.  I had to order 4 different door actuators from 4 different sellers.  All listed them as "new."  3 of the sellers sent the parts in sealed AC Delco boxes.  The 4th seller sent the part in an opened box with a giant sticker applied to it saying "GM Outlet Shop - Imperfect, Sold As Is."  I went back and double checked, and sure enough the listing said the part was brand new OEM.  I sent a message, but of course the seller claimed that it was a new part that had never been used.  However, considering the high failure rate of GM door actuators, I'm not taking the risk.  Luckily, the seller accepted the return with no trouble.  

The part that is a pain in the ass, is that my father in law wanted these parts by today or tomorrow so they could be installed before he goes on a road trip.  Now, I might have trouble getting the reordered part here in time.  Sure I got my money back from the seller, but now I've lost a lot of time and we won't have the parts in time to install before the trip.  

2 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

Not gaming related, but it's still an eBay rant.  I bought some car parts for my father in law.  I had to order 4 different door actuators from 4 different sellers.  All listed them as "new."  3 of the sellers sent the parts in sealed AC Delco boxes.  The 4th seller sent the part in an opened box with a giant sticker applied to it saying "GM Outlet Shop - Imperfect, Sold As Is."  I went back and double checked, and sure enough the listing said the part was brand new OEM.  I sent a message, but of course the seller claimed that it was a new part that had never been used.  However, considering the high failure rate of GM door actuators, I'm not taking the risk.  Luckily, the seller accepted the return with no trouble.  

The part that is a pain in the ass, is that my father in law wanted these parts by today or tomorrow so they could be installed before he goes on a road trip.  Now, I might have trouble getting the reordered part here in time.  Sure I got my money back from the seller, but now I've lost a lot of time and we won't have the parts in time to install before the trip.  

I dont mess with car parts on ebay for that reason. Just use rockauto and you know what your getting then

USPS tracking and  services have gone to hell as of late.  The tracking is no longer always up to date - I have had stuff delivered when it shows  up as  still being at the post office.   I have had a couple of packages (according to the tracking) get to my post office and then go out of state to be returned to my post office and eventually get delivered.   My packages generally go to a sorting station with a zip code of 80266 and then to my post office with a zip code of 80226.  I had  two packages that got to 80226 and then got sent back to 80266 early this am.   So if I am lucky I will see those on Monday.

(If I know something is coming I generally watch for it since porch pirates are not unheard of in my neighborhood - I haven't lost anything (that I know of) so I like to get stuff in the house ASAP. )

• Like 1

Pre-ordered paper Mario from gamestop online to get the pre-order bonus pins.. game came today but no pins. Great. Thanks again for wasting my time GameStop, luckily I have a partner that loves me (and Nintendo) did the leg work while im at work and was willing to drive out of the way to pick up the last set at the furthest away GS location. F.

So I saw a Vectrex on eBay that was less than an hour from me, so I put it on my watch list. It was $450 at the time. The dude sends me a 33% off offer... I look at the listing and he raised the price to $666 after I put it on my watch list, so now with the 33% off it’s $445...?

I was thinking of maybe offering this dude $400 via a local sale to avoid eBay fees but this seems kind of... scummy? Not really interested anymore lol.

Edited by The Strangest

A while back I sold a copy of City of Lost Children to some dude on eBay.  Like 2 weeks after I get a message from the dude that there’s a significant scratch on the disc.  I told him that I did not recall there being a scratch on the disc but I may have overlooked something.  Asked for pics.  Dude is super slow in responding.  Finally get pics of a scratch and I really don’t want to argue with the dude so I just offer a refund and return.  Guy tells me, ‘no, it’s ok.  The game works fine.’  Ok cool.  So I let that be the end of it.  

Like a week or so later I see he left me a negative feedback.  What the hell?  I asked him why he would do that when I offered to make it right.  He told me he’d had issues returning items before so he didn’t want to do that and that’s what negative feedback is for. And that’s how I lost my 100%.   Fuck that dude.  I hope he chokes on it.

• Wow! 1

On 7/21/2020 at 6:38 PM, Hammerfestus said:

Like a week or so later I see he left me a negative feedback.  What the hell?  I asked him why he would do that when I offered to make it right.  He told me he’d had issues returning items before so he didn’t want to do that and that’s what negative feedback is for. And that’s how I lost my 100%.   Fuck that dude.  I hope he chokes on it.

Get in touch with Ebay and file an appeal. You clearly were willing to make the situation right and the buyer claims it was working. 

On 7/18/2020 at 1:16 PM, Tabonga said:

USPS tracking and  services have gone to hell as of late.  The tracking is no longer always up to date - I have had stuff delivered when it shows  up as  still being at the post office.   I have had a couple of packages (according to the tracking) get to my post office and then go out of state to be returned to my post office and eventually get delivered.   My packages generally go to a sorting station with a zip code of 80266 and then to my post office with a zip code of 80226.  I had  two packages that got to 80226 and then got sent back to 80266 early this am.   So if I am lucky I will see those on Monday.

(If I know something is coming I generally watch for it since porch pirates are not unheard of in my neighborhood - I haven't lost anything (that I know of) so I like to get stuff in the house ASAP. )

Anything shipped USPS other than priority is a shit show. UPS mail innovations is a shit show; GameStop shipped me something that claimed it was awaiting pickup for three weeks and one day it just showed up at my door and the status never changed

2 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Anything shipped USPS other than priority is a shit show. UPS mail innovations is a shit show; GameStop shipped me something that claimed it was awaiting pickup for three weeks and one day it just showed up at my door and the status never changed

Mine was pretty good until a few weeks ago.  Then things just went to hell in a handbasket pretty rapidly.  Our post lady did tell me a few months ago they were having a terrible time hiring competent people.

Edited by Tabonga

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Priority is a shitshow now too.    Just hope for the best anytime you ship stuff these days.

Holy fuck, I bought Pocky and Rocky in June from GameStop and just got around to playing it (My new supaboy was delivered today!) fucking splash screen comes up Super Play Action Football. I usually check all my games circuit boards on delivery but GameStop is usually good about this. Calling customer service and already filed a claim with paypal

24 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Priority is a shitshow now too.    Just hope for the best anytime you ship stuff these days.

I have to agree.  The last package I sent didn't update from the local post office scan until it was about to go out for delivery on New York.  I thought it was lost.  I'm just glad I didn't have to test USPS insurance claims.

Administrator · Posted
8 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Holy fuck, I bought Pocky and Rocky in June from GameStop and just got around to playing it (My new supaboy was delivered today!) fucking splash screen comes up Super Play Action Football. I usually check all my games circuit boards on delivery but GameStop is usually good about this. Calling customer service and already filed a claim with paypal

Did you check the board?   Supaboy is just an emulator based on what it reads, not full blown hardware.

WTF?

On July 23 I did a "buy it now" of an audio cd from the Colorado Springs Goodwill.

On July 24 said cd was handed off to a "shipping partner" (not sure who exactly this is).

Yesterday this pops up on the tracking:

• ARRIVED SHIP PTNR SITE USPS AWAITS ITEM
    • GLENDALE HEIGHTS, IL 60139

Colorado Springs is 70 miles due south of the Denver area. 

Guess my cd is taking the scenic tour!