IGNORED

2019 NFL Season

BeaglePuss

Its like NFL teams have all forgotten math.

Falcons down 17 Score a TD to cut it to 11 and then go for 2.

MLB Analytics I get, NBA analytics I get, these new math NFL analytics are ridiculous if this is the new math chart. Of course they didnt get the 2 and now have to go for 2 on the next one to make up for it to just make kicking the original extra point the same thing.

Jason Garret has made some straight up boneheaded calls the last 2 weeks as well. Kicks the FG down 7 to the patriots on 4th and goal with 6 minutes left not even guaranteed the ball. Down 19 today he goes for it on 4th down and 10 passing up the FG to cut it to a 2 score game. Of course then the cowboys stop them and score a td to cut it to 11. If you had kicked the fg it would be a 1 score game, but no. Coaches all have math concussions. Years of football video game time management knowledge, and comeback math quick knowledge thrown out the window by todays coaches.

Edited by Quest4Nes

1 minute ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I miss americasteam telling how "trash" player/team x is because they had a bad play/drive.  After all, nuanced opinion are hard.

If the Cowboys played the Bengals they could call any player trash and not be wrong.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

I can' t even stand to watch NFL anymore.  It's become such a circus.  The players all act like a goofy bunch of clowns, and no one takes the game seriously anymore.  I guess soccer/football is still worse though with the way players will fall down and pretend to be hurt if anyone on the other team even looks at them funny.

7 minutes ago, CMR said:

I can' t even stand to watch NFL anymore.  It's become such a circus.  The players all act like a goofy bunch of clowns, and no one takes the game seriously anymore.  I guess soccer/football is still worse though with the way players will fall down and pretend to be hurt if anyone on the other team even looks at them funny.

I gave up on the NFL since the Bengals quit being relevant 30 years ago.

7 minutes ago, CMR said:

The penalties with asinine rules that no one understands and the challenges are killing the game for me. 

5 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

The penalties with asinine rules that no one understands and the challenges are killing the game for me. 

I don't understand how some penalties such as pass interference can be called or not and then replays show the contrary and the call stands. When there was no replay ability it was a poor call, now with replay on a challenge, what is the excuse? 

26 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

I don't understand how some penalties such as pass interference can be called or not and then replays show the contrary and the call stands. When there was no replay ability it was a poor call, now with replay on a challenge, what is the excuse? 

Reviews or no reviews human error will always be a part of the game so we may as well just remove the reviews and quit wasting time. 

19 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I gave up on the NFL since the Bengals quit being relevant 30 years ago.

Hey now, it's only been about 28ish years.

Although the shining mediocrity moment has to be when Kijana Carter took a knee on a kickoff return so he wouldn't get hit.

On 11/28/2019 at 11:29 PM, Quest4Nes said:

Its like NFL teams have all forgotten math.

Falcons down 17 Score a TD to cut it to 11 and then go for 2.

MLB Analytics I get, NBA analytics I get, these new math NFL analytics are ridiculous if this is the new math chart. Of course they didnt get the 2 and now have to go for 2 on the next one to make up for it to just make kicking the original extra point the same thing.

Jason Garret has made some straight up boneheaded calls the last 2 weeks as well. Kicks the FG down 7 to the patriots on 4th and goal with 6 minutes left not even guaranteed the ball. Down 19 today he goes for it on 4th down and 10 passing up the FG to cut it to a 2 score game. Of course then the cowboys stop them and score a td to cut it to 11. If you had kicked the fg it would be a 1 score game, but no. Coaches all have math concussions. Years of football video game time management knowledge, and comeback math quick knowledge thrown out the window by todays coaches.

About the only time I agree with the NFL analytics are when scoring the TD (and only in the 4th quarter) makes you down by 8, going for 2 there instead of one.  

If you make it, then you're only down by 6, and a TD/XP gives you a win.   Or if the other team manages a FG, then you only need a FG to tie instead of a touchdown had you gone for 1.

Even if you miss the deuce you're still within a TD/Deuce of tying it.

On 12/2/2019 at 12:48 PM, captmorgandrinker said:

Hey now, it's only been about 28ish years.

Although the shining mediocrity moment has to be when Kijana Carter took a knee on a kickoff return so he wouldn't get hit.

I'm sure if the Bengals end up with the #1 pick they will take another Ki-Jana Carter level bust.