IGNORED

2019 NFL Season

BeaglePuss

Niners were missing Kittle and Robbie G. Emmanuel Sanders went out in the the first couple drives. We weren't perfect and neither were the Suckhawks it'll be interesting to see what happens when we play them again. Also, Jadaveon Clowney was the real MVP of that game.

Great game though for sure.

NINERSSSSSS!!!!

1 hour ago, doner24 said:

If that helmet doesn’t turn on the way  and it hits him with the crown of the helmet instead of the bottom, it could’ve killed him. 

EXACTLY RIGHT!  Noticed that too after about the 20th time I watched it.  I have to say it was hilarious though when Rudolph got knocked down the 2nd time and he turns around looking like he was going to cry and calls the guy a bitch.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, doner24 said:

If that helmet doesn’t turn on the way  and it hits him with the crown of the helmet instead of the bottom, it could’ve killed him. 

No room in any sport for such a reckless action. No concern for player safety at all. I would argue he should be banned from the sport and let all the defending parties try to defend him and come up with any sort of explanation for such a bone headed move. There is none.

33 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

That was crazy. I also think he should be removed for the league maximum. Minimum is Rest of season and huge fine. 

That would be assault if it happened on the street. Garrett should be suspended for the rest of this season and all of next year plus a record fine. 

I've watched it multiple times, and it looks like Rudolph attempts to rip off Garrett's helmet first from the back.

If Garrett can't use a "he started it" defense, can Pouncey? 

A year for Garrett, 10 games for Pouncey, and maybe even a few for Rudolph seems like a start. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the other players got suspensions as well.

Moderator · Posted
2 minutes ago, broncofantd793 said:

I've watched it multiple times, and it looks like Rudolph attempts to rip off Garrett's helmet first from the back.

If Garrett can't use a "he started it" defense, can Pouncey? 

A year for Garrett, 10 games for Pouncey, and maybe even a few for Rudolph seems like a start. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the other players got suspensions as well.

What Rudolph did is just a normal, 15 yard penalty and maybe an ejection normally, all brought on by a bullshit tackle by Garrett to begin with. What Garrett did assault and he should sit a year. 

Rudolph 1 game

Pouncey 2 games

Garrett 16 games

2 minutes ago, doner24 said:

What Rudolph did is just a normal, 15 yard penalty and maybe an ejection normally, all brought on by a bullshit tackle by Garrett to begin with. What Garrett did assault and he should sit a year. 

Rudolph 1 game

Pouncey 2 games

Garrett 16 games

I agree that Garrett could have ended Rudolph's life if that helmet swing hit a certain spot, and his punishment should be severe.

However, Rudolph is not without blame here. He escalated the situation, and Garrett, a much larger guy, out escalated him. And what was Rudolph thinking, charging an NFL defensive lineman without a helmet?

And what if Pouncey's kick had landed on the crown of Garrett's helmet and killed him?

My point is the blame and accountability should be spread out.

This is one of the craziest things I've ever seen - given the circumstances.  The Browns had the game LOCKED DOWN, Garrett got a QB hit - then a weak ass unproven rookie QB pulls on his helmet and he lets loose like this!?!?!?!?!?

The more you watch the vid, you can see he swung that helmet with legit intent - he went for the homer - just wow.

Rudolph is an idiot to start shit with nearly any NFL player, let alone Garrett - he's an insanely athletic ripped powerhouse.  He is ripped to the point he wants his body to be viewed like a god if anyone caught that for the ESPN Body issue.

Welp, he now has about 8 months to work on his physique lol.  He won't play again until next year minimum - IDIOT.

This isn't Albert Haynesworth crazy, but super close in a modern game with so much emphasis around head trauma.

Just WOW.

11 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

...but like 98% of it should be on Garrett

It seems more around 50% for Garrett, 35% for Rudolph, 15% Pouncey

7 minutes ago, MrMark0673 said:

If he doesn't get at least the rest of the season off, it shows a clear bias for marquee players.

If that were Brady and not Mason Rudolph, Garrett would never play another game in the league.

Brady wouldn't have tried to twist and pull off an NFL defensive lineman's helmet.

It should be a year for Garrett, but Rudolph isn't near blameless here. 

2 minutes ago, Boosted52405 said:

This isn't Albert Haynesworth crazy, but super close in a modern game with so much emphasis around head trauma.

Just WOW.

Haynesworth head stomped a player.  He and Garrett both lost it.  And Pouncey did too.

That's a good point about the head trauma perspective.  How can a sport like football continue? Rudolph was almost killed twice this season.