IGNORED

2019 NFL Season

BeaglePuss

3 minutes ago, B.A. said:

The Vikings and Twins started in 1961, The Wolves in 1989 and MN North Stars 1967-1993 (a team the owner moved and didn't even give us the courtesy of keeping the name) and MN Wild in 2000.  So that's like 190 pro seasons between those teams, with 2 championships.  .0105%  

We can even back it up to making it to the finals, not winning it.  Twins did it 3 times, Vikings 4, North Stars/Wild 2, Wolves 0.  That's 9 championship appearances in 190 tries.  That is pathetic! 

Anyway, way off topic but that is why I just expect the worst now and I'm never let down. 

Im reading all your posts to my coworker who is a huge Vikings fan (but from Los Angeles) and he is cracking up! (He agrees 100% btw)

Moderator · Posted
12 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Im reading all your posts to my coworker who is a huge Vikings fan (but from Los Angeles) and he is cracking up! (He agrees 100% btw)

Add in the fact that the Hail Mary was coined on a play that knocked the best Vikings team ever assembled (So coined by my dad and others around to remember)  with a very controversial push off from the Cowboys and it has not been easy being a Vikings fan. 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
50 minutes ago, B.A. said:

The Vikings and Twins started in 1961, The Wolves in 1989 and MN North Stars 1967-1993 (a team the owner moved and didn't even give us the courtesy of keeping the name) and MN Wild in 2000.  So that's like 190 pro seasons between those teams, with 2 championships.  .0105%  

We can even back it up to making it to the finals, not winning it.  Twins did it 3 times, Vikings 4, North Stars/Wild 2, Wolves 0.  That's 9 championship appearances in 190 tries.  That is pathetic! 

Anyway, way off topic but that is why I just expect the worst now and I'm never let down. 

Cleveland's mayor sued to keep the Browns name in Cleveland, don't think for a second that was Modell doing us a solid.

Pics for the upcoming games this weekend?  I have to be a homer and take all of the favorites:

At San Fran (-7) vs. Minnesota
At Baltimore (-9.5) vs. Tennessee
At Kansas City (-9.5) vs. Houston
At Green Bay (-4) vs. Seattle

Of the 4 games I really wanted to pick Seattle but I won't disrespect GB like that.  They've earned their spot and this not your typical GB of years past.  They can actually run the ball and they have a great Defense too.  They've changed their identity and should be able to take it to Seattle.  But Seattle is playoff tested over the last decade and you can never count them out.

I think Minnesota has a decent shot at San Fran but can't pick them.  I do expect that to be closer than 7 though.

Baltimore *should* destroy the Titans.  There would have to be injuries or crazy turnovers for the Titans to win that one.

KC and Houston... can't believe it's 9.5 spread!  I would take Houston and 9.5 points all day.  This should be a close game and a very entertaining one to watch too.  KC is about as healthy as they've been all season and Houston looked horrible in the first 3 quarters of the Buffalo game, but each side has some playmakers.  Looking forward to this game the most.

18 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

The best chance for an upset is Seattle over GB and the best chance for a blowout is def Ten vs Bal

As a huge GB fan, I'm surprised we're favored by 5 points at this point.  Seattle is no joke, we have a long standing playoff history with them.  There is nothing more that I'd enjoy than spanking them at home, but I'm a realist and RW/Metcalf work for the devil.

Moderator · Posted

My picks:

Vikings over 49ers-we match up scarily well with them. Shades of 1988 anyone?!?

Seahawks over Packers-Wilson magic coming right up

Ravens over Titans-Jackson is too tough, although I think it’s closer than most think

KC over Texans-Blowout city in this game. Mahomes goes off. 

30 minutes ago, doner24 said:

My picks:

Vikings over 49ers-we match up scarily well with them. Shades of 1988 anyone?!?

Seahawks over Packers-Wilson magic coming right up

Ravens over Titans-Jackson is too tough, although I think it’s closer than most think

KC over Texans-Blowout city in this game. Mahomes goes off. 

Blowout City implies that the KC defense can also shut down Houston... don't see that happening.  Looks like the over / under is about 50 for that game and I'll take the over. 

On 1/10/2020 at 10:23 AM, jonebone said:

Blowout City implies that the KC defense can also shut down Houston... don't see that happening.  Looks like the over / under is about 50 for that game and I'll take the over. 

Kc has a decent secondary. They struggle vs the run which eats time. Their D has been better, and KC is a really hard place to play.   I wouldn't be surprised by a lower scoring game than expected. Might still go over but im not certain it will go way over as much as you seem it might.

Edited by Quest4Nes

On 1/6/2020 at 11:19 AM, B.A. said:

Not this guy.  Classic Vikings.  Now everyone is "Cousins is great" "Zimmer is a winner". They get the fans hopes up and will completely lay an egg the next game.  49ers 31 - Vikings 10

Damn, it's like this guy has seen this rerun before.

• Like 3