IGNORED

2019 NFL Season

BeaglePuss

Moderator · Posted
On 1/11/2020 at 3:59 PM, Quest4Nes said:

Kc has a decent secondary. They struggle vs the run which eats time. Their D has been better, and KC is a really hard place to play.   I wouldn't be surprised by a lower scoring game than expected. Might still go over but im not certain it will go way over as much as you seem it might.

079AC3D9-92D0-4C71-95A3-F0E7AEBADC42.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, doner24 said:

Texans basically did nothing the whole game. Everything they got was given to them . KC defense played very well actually. So I dont see how I was that offbase at all.  KC Defense played well. Texans defense did not. Short fields/special teams and turnovers led to almost all the texans offense. They only scored 7 points after the first quarter and they were down. KC Secondary did their job  just like I said. After the chaos first quarter of turnovers special teams the game was 51-7 Chiefs. O/U was 50

Edited by Quest4Nes

4 minutes ago, Braveheart69 said:

Good game Green Bay, but man NFL needs to get a chip in the ball.  On no planet was Graham over the line to gain on the last play.  Should have been 4th and half a yard.  Still think Green Bay wins but shouldn’t cheat teams or fans when he was clearly short.  

The last replay I saw his helmet wasn’t even at the stick when he went down so there is no way the ball was over the line. Even so GB would have gotten it on fourth and inches!

Green Bay coming to SF for another ass kicking!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a3quit4s said:

The last replay I saw his helmet wasn’t even at the stick when he went down so there is no way the ball was over the line. Even so GB would have gotten it on fourth and inches!

Green Bay coming to SF for another ass kicking!

EXACTLY my point, frikin helmet was first thing down and furthest upfield ball was at his body.  No way he made the line.  Oh well, I trust 49ers will kick Green Bay’s ass again next week.  

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Quest4Nes said:

Texans basically did nothing the whole game. Everything they got was given to them . KC defense played very well actually. So I dont see how I was that offbase at all.  KC Defense played well. Texans defense did not. Short fields/special teams and turnovers led to almost all the texans offense. They only scored 7 points after the first quarter and they were down. KC Secondary did their job  just like I said. After the chaos first quarter of turnovers special teams the game was 51-7 Chiefs. O/U was 50

I don't know if I've ever seen you admit you were offbase about anything 😛

I though the Packers looked utterly defeated in their body language there and would have bet any amount of money on Seattle.  And then the defense pulls it together for one drive and Adams balls out and Graham makes one last worthwhile play in his career

56 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I don't know if I've ever seen you admit you were offbase about anything 😛

I though the Packers looked utterly defeated in their body language there and would have bet any amount of money on Seattle.  And then the defense pulls it together for one drive and Adams balls out and Graham makes one last worthwhile play in his career

I try not to comment on things I know nothing about or with games something I have experience with. Probably why 😛

Pretty amazing weekend for football.  49ers took care of business and I didn't watch the GB game, but I expected GB to win.  For the 2 games I did watch every play, here were my thoughts:

Vrabel should be coach of the year.  He outcoached Belichick last week, vastly outcoached Harbaugh this week and he's one of the keys to success next week.  Andy Reid is known for getting to Championship games and losing, as much as I like the guy.  If Reid gets outcoached next week the Titans are gonna win.  It's no secret what the Titans gameplan is going to be.  Score first, win the turnover battle and get at least 150 yards rushing for D Henry.  I said if they did that against the Ravens then they could win, and they did.  That doesn't quite guarantee the win against the Chiefs since the Chiefs have the ability to play from behind (unlike the Ravens), but if the rushing game gets off then that's more time on the sidelines for Mahomes.  If Henry can rush that opens the play action game too, and really all you're hoping for is at least 1 or 2 TDs from Tannehill with no turnovers.  Should be a good game.

As for the Texans, Bill O Brien is a HORRIBLE coach and he needs to go.  I'm putting that loss on his ineptitude.  He calls a FG on 4th and 1 when they've been dominating 21-0.  You go for the throat there.  He doesn't have the balls to go for that but then goes for a fake punt on 4th and 4 from his own 35 at 24-7?  WTF you idiot!!!  You could tell that was game there.  Then in the 4th quarter down by 17 with about 11 minutes left, he actually was going to send out the punting team until Watson was chirping and they took a timeout to go for it.  Game was clearly over by then but the dude is an IDIOT and that team will not with a SB with him as a coach, end of story.

Harbaugh also had some questionable decisions in the Ravens game.  At 14-6, after you already missed on a 4th and 1 earlier in the game, you go for it and miss again.  You take the FG there IMO and go 14-9.  A few plays later Henry goes off it's 21-6 and they were done.  You don't coach by the book, you have to go outside the box with game flow.  Yeah I get the Ravens were 8 and 8 on 4th downs all year but the Titans weren't having that shit and Lamar wasn't himself.  You could tell he was uneasy in the pocket all game.  Vrabel knew he was going to hold Lamar under 100 yards and take that away.  Then he throws in a D Henry pass on the goal line for good measure.  Vrabel is a difference maker on that team for sure.

As for GB / 49ers, I really think GB can get it done there.  But honestly I'm okay with any of these 4 teams winning the SB.  Usually I find myself rooting against someone this late in the season (Pats / Seahawks / NFC East / Steelers / etc.) but I'll be happy for whoever brings home that trophy this year.  None of these teams have had one in awhile.

I’m happy to get the Packers in the NFC championship game. I know that GB will have learned some things after the last game they played against us and Aaron Rodgers is no joke at QB. Without the threat of a mobile QB they won’t be able to run against us. So it’s up to Rodgers to best us in the air. Our secondary has been sketchy but with Shutdown Sherman on DeVonte Adams it’s gonna be a tough day for GB. Witherspoon has been benched in favor of Moseley which isn’t great but hopefully we don’t give up the deep pass. 

On the 49ers side, keep up the D, run the ball down their throat with whichever of the three running backs we have that has the hot hand that day. Spread the ball around to the receiving core and if all else fails Kittle has a 10 catch 2TD 150 yard receiving yard day.

49ers over GB

KC over TEN

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

I’m happy to get the Packers in the NFC championship game. I know that GB will have learned some things after the last game they played against us and Aaron Rodgers is no joke at QB. Without the threat of a mobile QB they won’t be able to run against us. So it’s up to Rodgers to best us in the air. Our secondary has been sketchy but with Shutdown Sherman on DeVonte Adams it’s gonna be a tough day for GB. Witherspoon has been benched in favor of Moseley which isn’t great but hopefully we don’t give up the deep pass. 

On the 49ers side, keep up the D, run the ball down their throat with whichever of the three running backs we have that has the hot hand that day. Spread the ball around to the receiving core and if all else fails Kittle has a 10 catch 2TD 150 yard receiving yard day.

49ers over GB

KC over TEN

While I in no way can argue against the Graham 1st down call, it was close and there were some angles that were more generous than the other - it also comes down to the call on the field and the evidence available to overturn (which was minimal).

As for the 49ers NFCC showdown, of course the 49ers will be favorites but I will note Rodgers looked better yesterday than he has all year IMO - he made some extremely precise 3rd down passes to hold the lead for the win.  GB has also been plagued with the flu, all week their players have been sick so this was a huge victory.

They are going into a buzzsaw Sunday night, but any given Sunday - GO PACK GO!!!

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Hey I'm just a fan.  My feelings affect nothing 😛

But the Packers are gonna need 200+ yards from Jones/Adams to win.  That's my hot take.

Or you know, the defense just comes to play, stops the run and forces Jimmy G to beat them. I'd expect a score in the 20s but GB could still win a defensive slugfest of 13 to 9 or something boring. GB doesn't necessarily need to score a ton to win that game.

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, jonebone said:

Or you know, the defense just comes to play, stops the run and forces Jimmy G to beat them. I'd expect a score in the 20s but GB could still win a defensive slugfest of 13 to 9 or something boring. GB doesn't necessarily need to score a ton to win that game.

Anything's possible.  Any given Sunday as we just saw.

But if SF scores under 21 I'll be shocked.