IGNORED

WATA Turnaround Times?

5 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

Figured that’s what you meant but wasn’t sure if it tied into the nes items I mentioned. Thanks.

4 hours ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

Oops! Nope. I should've read farther back 😂

I mean, I'm sure if you flatten the box down a bit and cram it REAL hard you could squeeze a NES game in one of those! 🤣

3 hours ago, OptOut said:

I mean, I'm sure if you flatten the box down a bit and cram it REAL hard you could squeeze a NES game in one of those! 🤣

If the situation was reversed and they were out of NES cases you can best believe WATA would've got to smooshin... take it from a 9.6 to a 9.4 .... A++ still, of course...

Going forward, starting today (Feb. 1, 2022), please ensure all packages sent to WATA use this address. Packages that are sent to the old WATA address in Denver will still be accepted but may have delays in processing and receiving. Thank you for making note of the change.

😔  i sent them a package last week to Denver , they will receive it tomorrow but now with delay..

6 hours ago, Mijael said:

Going forward, starting today (Feb. 1, 2022), please ensure all packages sent to WATA use this address. Packages that are sent to the old WATA address in Denver will still be accepted but may have delays in processing and receiving. Thank you for making note of the change.

😔  i sent them a package last week to Denver , they will receive it tomorrow but now with delay..

Im sure they are still working old submissions in Denver.... cant see them renting 50 trucks to move all the orders they got pending, they probably try to rush and finish them while the new team/part of the team starts working at CU

• Like 1

I had some orders return ship yesterday and they now include the actual serial numbers in the email that are coming back to you, no more guess.  Big improvement, especially for those of us with tons of orders where it was very difficult to figure out exactly which games from which order were coming back.  It is very rare for me to get an entire order back in one box any more, most return shipments are partial orders.

• Like 1

WATA Reply to my inquiry about my order's delay: 

Good morning! I'm sorry for the extreme wait on your orders, but I'd like to explain the cause of the delay. We have been in a transitional phase since last summer due to a couple of issues. There were supply shortages caused by ships not being able to port due to Covid restrictions, and that caused a major backlog while we weren't able to send out orders. We're also in the midst of moving our office to Collectors Universe in California, which has temporarily held up the process, but will ultimately enable us to clear the backlog and get back to our normal turnaround times. All orders have been affected by these issues, and we're not currently hitting our estimates for any grading tier. However, the transition is going very well, and we have gotten the supply shortages under control. Now we're sending out as many orders as possible per day in the order they were received. Your orders are not at the front of the line yet, but they have moved way up since your order moved to post-grading, and they will be sent to the rapid ship line shortly. I don't have an ETA, but I can see that both ------ and ------- are approaching the front of the post-grading line. I hope that provides some clarity and assurance!

Thanks,

The Wata Team

They are approaching the front of the post-grading line

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

7dc12e2d5d73897bedf00ee832c749c2ebb0e812989ef4896f2c54eb489b1349.jpg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, iLikePssys said:

WATA Reply to my inquiry about my order's delay: 

Good morning! I'm sorry for the extreme wait on your orders, but I'd like to explain the cause of the delay. We have been in a transitional phase since last summer due to a couple of issues. There were supply shortages caused by ships not being able to port due to Covid restrictions, and that caused a major backlog while we weren't able to send out orders. We're also in the midst of moving our office to Collectors Universe in California, which has temporarily held up the process, but will ultimately enable us to clear the backlog and get back to our normal turnaround times. All orders have been affected by these issues, and we're not currently hitting our estimates for any grading tier. However, the transition is going very well, and we have gotten the supply shortages under control. Now we're sending out as many orders as possible per day in the order they were received. Your orders are not at the front of the line yet, but they have moved way up since your order moved to post-grading, and they will be sent to the rapid ship line shortly. I don't have an ETA, but I can see that both ------ and ------- are approaching the front of the post-grading line. I hope that provides some clarity and assurance!

Thanks,

The Wata Team

They are approaching the front of the post-grading line

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

7dc12e2d5d73897bedf00ee832c749c2ebb0e812989ef4896f2c54eb489b1349.jpg

Why does this email read like a play-by-play from a horse race announcer???

"I can see them, both coming up on the front of the line! They're neck and neck!"

Edited by 3rdStrongestMole
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, jonebone said:

I had some orders return ship yesterday and they now include the actual serial numbers in the email that are coming back to you, no more guess.  Big improvement, especially for those of us with tons of orders where it was very difficult to figure out exactly which games from which order were coming back.  It is very rare for me to get an entire order back in one box any more, most return shipments are partial orders.

what was your order number and tier? just to try to estimate where my orders are placed and how many i got in front of me haha

• Agree 1

So just an interesting data point here. A big comic book store I follow was talking about grading comics by the thousands. I asked and it takes one week for one person on their staff to grade 1000 comics. Their grading scale is fairly stringent, it's only eight grades rather than 100 points plus a letter, but it's also very transparent and they are not so lenient. By the way they describe it, I would think the equivalent of >96/A+ is so rare that it's almost impossible to find, even in new issues.

• Wow! 1

14 hours ago, iLikePssys said:

So now they got tired of showing the game grades too?

Received the request to pay for both deepbadge upgrade but the grade does not show

image.png.fe80d6732baa9271911a9913c44be647.png

Yepppp I just had an order go to post grading sometime this week (just checked it) and it is not showing the grade. I emailed them just before I checked this thread .

16 hours ago, Link said:

So just an interesting data point here. A big comic book store I follow was talking about grading comics by the thousands. I asked and it takes one week for one person on their staff to grade 1000 comics. Their grading scale is fairly stringent, it's only eight grades rather than 100 points plus a letter, but it's also very transparent and they are not so lenient. By the way they describe it, I would think the equivalent of >96/A+ is so rare that it's almost impossible to find, even in new issues.

In a 40 hour work week that is 25 comics an hour or one every 2 minutes with no breaks at all. I call BS!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

In a 40 hour work week that is 25 comics an hour or one every 2 minutes with no breaks at all. I call BS!

Well, on an 8 pt  scale it wouldn't be that hard, once it's authenticated,  that is. 

Still, I doubt someone is sitting there flipping one comic to the next, endlessly for 8 hours a day. You'd have blinders on by hour 2

2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Fair point, and I don't know how they go about it. But unlike Wata it would be very easy to follow the grading methodology and dispute it if one happened to buy something that is graded higher than it should be. 

1 hour ago, CorndogSTEVE99 said:

Okay my games grade just posted, should I expect months before I get it back or less since they told me the grade?

Well, did you send your order to their new location in california or old one in denver?

image.png.b4f2111e1a72a274df616fb0784f5b7c.png

These are the date of my order's deepbage payment dates (therefore, since when they have been in postgrading)

I dont know how they handling times for new orders in california (IF someone has ordered there alredy please keep us updated) but if you sent it to denver.... you got a few months of wait my friend