IGNORED

WATA Turnaround Times?

17 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

Idr the price for Warp CIB but I know Speedrun CIB is $170. I wish they revert back to $85. 

Depending on how many pple send x number of sealed and CIB games in.

I hope so. I am refraining from sending anything right now. I read CGC hired several pple and will open sometime in 2022 but not sure when. No idea what there slabs will look like. More akin to Wata, VGA or something else? I hope it isn't anything like VGG. The abomination.

Being located with PSA is a major game-changer. They are reportedly grading a million cards a month and shipping them out, video games is a drop in the bucket for what they have set up. I've sent in 4 orders to CA, one was back early, and the other three two are Speedruns and were grading within a week and the other is a Warp, which went into grading the day after he was received. People I've spoken with that had games sent when CA first opened say everything is looking good, even with Speedruns. 

The backlog seems to be operating on a different group, probably Denver. So they are making progress it seems, but they still don't have the resources CA has. 

Edited by ExplodedHamster

5 hours ago, ExplodedHamster said:

Being located with PSA is a major game-changer. They are reportedly grading a million cards a month and shipping them out, video games is a drop in the bucket for what they have set up. I've sent in 4 orders to CA, one was back early, and the other three two are Speedruns and were grading within a week and the other is a Warp, which went into grading the day after he was received. People I've spoken with that had games sent when CA first opened say everything is looking good, even with Speedruns. 

The backlog seems to be operating on a different group, probably Denver. So they are making progress it seems, but they still don't have the resources CA has. 

It sounds like different grading teams in each location then?

4 hours ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

The only thing that makes sense is still the DVD case.  I had one of those, though.  That's it

I had a bunch of dvd cases shipped recently

Edit: I want to clarify that this was for a turbo order from December 2020

Edited by Gulag Joe
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Glyph said:

Doesn't seem to be any given order in how they ship out?
I'm still waiting for NES/SNES speedrun orders from july/august.

It looks like they move inventory partially to California and are shipping as they work through the pallets is my assumption.  Some stuff remained in Denver as I've got three packages from CA and two from CO.  So they are just working through the remaining orders and I'm sure your stuff will go out sometime soon.  Seems like a lot of people are starting to receive stuff pretty regularly.  

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 11:50 PM, PuppyWaffles said:

They are too busy grading stuff like this🙄

Screenshot_20220318-235021.png

This is depressing that anyone would pay more than $50 for that. But then again, we’ll produced homebrews are kinda neat. Just not THAT neat.

On 3/23/2022 at 11:28 AM, iLikePssys said:

My speedrun order from November 25th has been shipped too 🙃

You gotta be kidding. I have a three game order from aug that’s been in post grading since sept lol I quit

2 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

Wata graded games are flooding ebay right now. Not with any games in particular, just in general. We're gonna see some leveling off here very soon.

Nice. Wouldn’t that be hilarious if we hit junk slab mass? Can’t wait to buy em up for cheap. Lol

51 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

CGC had all this talk about launching a grading service and here we are all these months later and still nothing. Each day they aren't open is akin to that scene in Interstellar where every minute is 7 years.

Tbh, I'm ok with it. CGC has an opportunity to impress everyone if they do this right. I have a bunch of games I'd consider sending to them if reception is positive.

6 hours ago, inasuma said:

This is depressing that anyone would pay more than $50 for that. But then again, we’ll produced homebrews are kinda neat. Just not THAT neat.

You gotta be kidding. I have a three game order from aug that’s been in post grading since sept lol I quit

Nice. Wouldn’t that be hilarious if we hit junk slab mass? Can’t wait to buy em up for cheap. Lol

yes, it was a pokemon blue game, just 1.

Also, on monday I am receiving my 31st september order, consisting of 9 pokemon games also (after 3 weeks delayed in spanish customs)

Some good news this week 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

CGC had all this talk about launching a grading service and here we are all these months later and still nothing. Each day they aren't open is akin to that scene in Interstellar where every minute is 7 years.

Has any major company ever delivered anything on time?  CGC was launching in 2022... crickets.  VGA's pop report was imminent... 6 months later, crickets.  Wata, we know about the overpromising.  GameValueNow was supposed to have major changes and improvements... has pretty much died.

I fault people for believing everything they hear as factual more than the companies for overpromising.  That's what companies always do.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Has any major company ever delivered anything on time?  CGC was launching in 2022... crickets.  VGA's pop report was imminent... 6 months later, crickets.  Wata, we know about the overpromising.  GameValueNow was supposed to have major changes and improvements... has pretty much died.

I fault people for believing everything they hear as factual more than the companies for overpromising.  That's what companies always do.

I don't blame the lying liars who lie all the time and lied to me... I blame.. ME? 🤪

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I don't blame the lying liars who lie all the time and lied to me... I blame.. ME? 🤪

Yeah god forbid the grading companies who are making off like bandits with all these fees actually deliver on some promises, but somehow it’s all our fault 🤣 definitely heard it all now.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, jonebone said:

I have really considered creating a new grading company, because IMO it isnt that difficult to actually meet the "user demands" specially once being on the other side, and I really cant understand why these companies are actually doing what we ask, because the resources required are not that much. The only problem I see is it would be difficult to get people grading if the company is new. 

Question is, would you consider sending your games for grading to a new company that offers fair pricing, "fast" turnaround times, fair grading scores and live population report on their website kind of as PSA works?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, iLikePssys said:

I have really considered creating a new grading company, because IMO it isnt that difficult to actually meet the "user demands" specially once being on the other side, and I really cant understand why these companies are actually doing what we ask, because the resources required are not that much. The only problem I see is it would be difficult to get people grading if the company is new. 

Question is, would you consider sending your games for grading to a new company that offers fair pricing, "fast" turnaround times, fair grading scores and live population report on their website kind of as PSA works?

Oh yeah, well I'M gonna start MY own grading company, with blackjack, and hookers!

Actually, forget the grading company... 😏

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1