IGNORED

WATA Turnaround Times?

2 hours ago, jonebone said:

Has any major company ever delivered anything on time?  CGC was launching in 2022... crickets.  VGA's pop report was imminent... 6 months later, crickets.  Wata, we know about the overpromising.  GameValueNow was supposed to have major changes and improvements... has pretty much died.

I fault people for believing everything they hear as factual more than the companies for overpromising.  That's what companies always do.

My point is not about companies not delivering on their promises. My point is CGC is losing money in their video game grading endeavor with every passing day they're not open for business.

6 hours ago, iLikePssys said:

I have really considered creating a new grading company, because IMO it isnt that difficult to actually meet the "user demands" specially once being on the other side, and I really cant understand why these companies are actually doing what we ask, because the resources required are not that much. The only problem I see is it would be difficult to get people grading if the company is new. 

Question is, would you consider sending your games for grading to a new company that offers fair pricing, "fast" turnaround times, fair grading scores and live population report on their website kind of as PSA works?

I think you’d quickly find difficulty in meeting the demand wata has seen without sufficient infrastructure. Which is why their move to PSA HQ is a big deal.

but I mean, sure. It worked out well for p1g and vgg so let’s just make more grading companies lol

Echoing what others have said. Orders sent to CA are significantly faster. I placed an order on 1/31, shipped to them on 2/3, and they received it the following week and it was transferred to CA. I got it back 3/22. 

I have another order I submitted on 12/16, shipped 12/17 to CO it's still in post grading. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, inasuma said:

how the fuck are you all getting orders shipped. my august speedrun must be buried at the back or something lol

Email them and ask about your order.  They'd deny it but sometimes I wonder if they prioritize games that are ready when people ask.

32 minutes ago, inasuma said:

how the fuck are you all getting orders shipped. my august speedrun must be buried at the back or something lol

Same way as always, they prioritize new business over old since they already have your money and merchandise trapped there, so they dump out what new stuff they can quickly then devote whatever resources are left to their seemingly ever growing backlog.  Business as usual based on months and months of anecdotal reports here and elsewhere.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, inasuma said:

I've had orders ship out of order too.  Speculation on my part but it appears that order after some date (Nov? Oct?) all got transferred to Cali while the other backlog stayed in Denver.  I can tell when I get a return shipment from Denver or Cali as they are packed different.  It's clearly two separate facilities clearing it all out until Denver is finally closed for good after backlog complete.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, jonebone said:

I've had orders ship out of order too.  Speculation on my part but it appears that order after some date (Nov? Oct?) all got transferred to Cali while the other backlog stayed in Denver.  I can tell when I get a return shipment from Denver or Cali as they are packed different.  It's clearly two separate facilities clearing it all out until Denver is finally closed for good after backlog complete.

that makes sense. i know some games got transferred to CA, just no idea how many. also, i see august and september speedruns getting cleared out of CO but at 1/4 the rate. 

9 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

Same way as always, they prioritize new business over old since they already have your money and merchandise trapped there, so they dump out what new stuff they can quickly then devote whatever resources are left to their seemingly ever growing backlog.  Business as usual based on months and months of anecdotal reports here and elsewhere.

that's certainly an optimists perspective

13 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

No they don't.

Just now, Code Monkey said:

No they don't.

Care to elaborate?  If they don't value new business over old, then please explain how it is that all new submissions aren't automatically going to the end of the queue versus the beginning, and people who have been waiting months, if not literal years to get their stuff are still waiting.

1 minute ago, darkchylde28 said:

Care to elaborate?  If they don't value new business over old, then please explain how it is that all new submissions aren't automatically going to the end of the queue versus the beginning, and people who have been waiting months, if not literal years to get their stuff are still waiting.

Some people submitted under the Turbo tier, they will take longer.

Some people submitted orders without any DVD size games, they don't require cases that aren't in stock so they can be shipped out first.

It looks like California is more efficient so all games needing to be transferred from Denver are taking longer, that makes sense.

So yes, orders will get returned out of order.

4 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

Did you not read my post?  Cali is clearing out games way faster than Denver, and they were only able to move so many Denver games over to Cali.  Cali games are hitting posted times, Denver games are graded and taking much longer to return ship.