IGNORED

WATA Turnaround Times?

12 minutes ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

I like to think I'm pretty fair in judging my games, but I got 2 games sitting there with 9.4 and A seal which I find to be complete bull shit as they were both literally blemish free save maybe under the scrutiny of a fucking microscope... I'll send pics if I ever get them back. Really,  it's not the grades so much as the lack of information WHY

I had a 9.8 I was certain of and it came back 9.2. Upon examining it after receiving it from Wata I found the box has some crushing on it that I know was not there when I sent it. Got shrugging shoulders as a reply to my concerns. Any future orders I send to them I will surely take thorough photos of each game to make sure accountability can be determined if it happens again.

3 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

I had a 9.8 I was certain of and it came back 9.2. Upon examining it after receiving it from Wata I found the box has some crushing on it that I know was not there when I sent it. Got shrugging shoulders as a reply to my concerns. Any future orders I send to them I will surely take thorough photos of each game to make sure accountability can be determined if it happens again.

Right.  TBH the pregrade photos are of little value. Taken of just the front and back from like 10 ft away. Show no corners, edges, sides... VGA sends a report of why your game is graded as such. To my knowledge, WATA had nothing like this unless the deep badge includes that info? Idk

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

Right.  TBH the pregrade photos are of little value. Taken of just the front and back from like 10 ft away. Show no corners, edges, sides... VGA sends a report of why your game is graded as such. To my knowledge, WATA had nothing like this unless the deep badge includes that info? Idk

They do have a report option but like many order addons, it’s disabled 

Edited by inasuma
  • Haha 1

Just now, mlbfan10 said:

Send them a message asking for it to be changed. I did that for my made in Japan games. Took no time at all to get them updated. 

Yeah, i sent them one. i don't want no made in USA when it should be made it japan 😂

They also charged me for one more deep badge than the number of 9's in one of my orders, which is kinda weird 🤔 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mlbfan10 said:

Getting ~40 grades all today was cool with the reinstatement of the post-grade results, best was 9.6 A++

Nice. I just logged in and saw my game was graded. We'll see when they ship it. Anyway, I got a 9.6 with an A+ seal. Now I just need to get a comparable Myst.

Screenshot_20211217-213317~2.png

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

What if Speed Run return times were based on the amount if time it'd take to speed run the submitted title? 

Like, you get a Mario Bros back in a few weeks, but if your waiting on a Final Fantasy game you're pretty much fucked...

Idk guys... I'm just trying to find ways to make all this waiting fun 😂😂

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

What if Speed Run return times were based on the amount if time it'd take to speed run the submitted title? 

Like, you get a Mario Bros back in a few weeks, but if your waiting on a Final Fantasy game you're pretty much fucked...

Idk guys... I'm just trying to find ways to make all this waiting fun 😂😂

I was thinking it was based on how long it would take the slowest person you know to physically run your order to Colorado and have Wata grade the game.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

I was thinking it was based on how long it would take the slowest person you know to physically run your order to Colorado and have Wata grade the game.

I had the same sort of thought when I saw that post, then realized that with some people waiting a year or more already, even the slowest person, walking, could have made it there and back by now from virtually anywhere in the continental US.  Still inwardly giggling a bit at the thought of someone editing the cross-country running scenes of Forrest Gump to have him lugging some sealed games under his arms, though, lol.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, darkchylde28 said:

I had the same sort of thought when I saw that post, then realized that with some people waiting a year or more already, even the slowest person, walking, could have made it there and back by now from virtually anywhere in the continental US.  Still inwardly giggling a bit at the thought of someone editing the cross-country running scenes of Forrest Gump to have him lugging some sealed games under his arms, though, lol.

The Book of Eli also makes for a fitting backdrop

• Haha 1

Graphics Team · Posted
On 1/13/2022 at 1:48 PM, darkchylde28 said:

958246272_ForrestGumpWata.png.e276d3094ea1bad6b33c711499193fbd.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Ok guys 2022 update ! 

Hi Mijael,

Thank you for contacting Wata Games.  I apologize for the confusion, we recently have implemented changes in the order processing that allow us to show grades before the order ships.  We’ve refined our quality assurance process to enable us to do this, so this is great news for collectors. Rest assured the data is accurate, although some grades may still be subject to change prior to shipping out. The grades that may change represent a very small percentage of all orders, so feel confident that what you will see in grade viewing will be likely be your final grade.  Unfortunately, we have run into shortages and delays for cases that accommodate your games. Once they are in, we will be shipping all held orders as quickly as we can. At this point, we do not have an ETA for the cases, but we are coordinating daily with our suppliers to get them delivered as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your continued patience. You will receive an email with tracking info when the package ships.  Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Take care,

The Wata Team

So still no DVD cases and they dont have ETA for them ...

• Eyeroll 2