IGNORED

PS5

9 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

That ended about 6 months after the launch of the xbox one so it's been about 6 years since that was a factor of Xbox. The backwards compatibility is unmatched though. I can play all of my 360 games on my XB1 and soon also on my Series X. 

They include a throwback title every month for free as well with xbox live. Games like Fable, Destroy all humans, and other classic OG XB games are consistently featured. 

MS main goal is to give you as many games as possible for a monthly fee. They even let you lease (?) the console for a low monthly payment. 

Thanks. Follow-up, just to clarify, by backwards compatibility that means discs and not just digital games I assume? 

Also, I have to say just as annoying and wrong is this "requires Xbox Live Gold Membership" - granted I haven't seen it on many games, but I have hardly looked at any Xbox games. Sea of Thieves is supposedly one of the best exclusives, but (correct me if I'm wrong) requiring Live Gold Membership is the same as requiring constant internet connection - just perhaps a smoother way of saying the same shite. 

Screenshot from 2020-09-30 23-45-29.png

10 hours ago, avatar! said:

Anyone pre-order?

Also, from what I read PS4 games are backwards compatible with the PS5! This is huge, a great reason to get a PS5, if you can find one. Scalpers are going to do well 😕

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2020/9/18/21445615/ps5-backward-compatible-ps4-games-jim-ryan

99% compatible

i pre-ordered

5 hours ago, avatar! said:

Thanks. Follow-up, just to clarify, by backwards compatibility that means discs and not just digital games I assume? 

Also, I have to say just as annoying and wrong is this "requires Xbox Live Gold Membership" - granted I haven't seen it on many games, but I have hardly looked at any Xbox games. Sea of Thieves is supposedly one of the best exclusives, but (correct me if I'm wrong) requiring Live Gold Membership is the same as requiring constant internet connection - just perhaps a smoother way of saying the same shite. 

Screenshot from 2020-09-30 23-45-29.png

What happens the day there is no gold membership to get because the console is too old?

7 hours ago, avatar! said:

Yep, you can pop your old discs in and go to town. 

I guess that is one way to look at it. Another is, there is no campaign. It's like Fortnite where all there is is online multiplayer. Some developers just choose to focus only on the online functions bc they're so profitable and popular. Although there are a lot of games where you can tell the focus of on online multiplayer and not the single player experience like Star Wars Battlefront. They just know most people are going to load up the game and hop into a 30 v 30 match to save Hoth.

Sea of Thieves needs Xbox Live Gold because it is online multiplayer only.  There is no offline play for that one.

Sony says that the PS5 is 99% backwards compatible with the PS4, and I'm sure that's just a 'cover your butt' kind of statement.  As for the XBox Series X, it's backwards compatible with all the software that works on the Xbox One... that means the only XBox 360 and original XBox games that work on the Series X are the same ones that are backwards compatible on the XBox One.  So, many titles but not all.

Homebrew Team · Posted

I don't have a horse in this race, didn't have a PS4 nor XBOX One.  Going off the public information right now, If I had to choice between the two companies for the next offerings, I would go with XBOX Series X/S for many of the same reasons @RegularGuyGamer mentioned. The PS exclusives never pushed me to them, I guess that is why I went with Switch. 

• 2 weeks later...

So far only 10 PS4 titles will not work on the PS5

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/backward-compatibility?language=en_US&lan=

DWVR
Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2
Just Deal With It!
Shadow Complex Remastered
Robinson: The Journey
We Sing
Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
Shadwen
Joe's Diner

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
13 minutes ago, avatar! said:

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/backward-compatibility?language=en_US&lan=

DWVR
Just Deal With It!
We Sing
Shadwen
Joe's Diner

All must-plays, too. Pretty big fail there, Sony. For shame.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

I wonder what it is about those games that won’t work on PS5 hardware 🤔

I've seen a lot of people assuming it has to do with important in-game calculations being based on PS4 CPU timings. I have a very limited understanding of programming so I have no clue if this is accurate or why it couldn't be accurately emulated.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, avatar! said:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/19/21522991/sony-ps5-fan-optimize-update-game-performance-data

1)I wonder how loud the system will be?

2)I wonder how many issues will arise because of the cooling system?

Screenshot from 2020-10-20 20-20-50.png

Jesus Christ, look as the SIZE of that thing! 😲

Better not let any pets/toddlers wander in front of the PS5 while in operation... "Whirrrrrrrr..... Scream! SPLAT!" 😵

d1--Q-TDLvDgsdqL9_gwn7NHhF4fNVFyGJ65eQmGjNc.png.dfce08be415fb7e00dc30857b731ae5f.png

12 hours ago, avatar! said:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/19/21522991/sony-ps5-fan-optimize-update-game-performance-data

1)I wonder how loud the system will be?

2)I wonder how many issues will arise because of the cooling system?

Screenshot from 2020-10-20 20-20-50.png

Early reports from very controlled settings say that the system is extremely quiet, which would be awesome since my PS4 Pro literally sounds like a jet engine. We really need to hear from people who've been give free reign to push the system in less than ideal environments, though.

On the surface, this individualized fan tuning seems like a good idea. But the fact that Sony thinks it's necessary may be a sign that the system is still running hot or loud and they want to get ahead of it. Obviously, time will answer these questions, but I'm still a bit worried. The variable frequencies on GPU/CPU don't make a lot of sense to me for a home console that just needs consistent performance and temperature.

Edited by DoctorEncore

On 10/10/2020 at 12:56 PM, avatar! said:

DWVR
Just Deal With It!
We Sing
Shadwen
Joe's Diner

What, Joe's Diner won't work?!?!?!  I guess that locks in Xbox this round.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2020 at 2:05 PM, avatar! said:

I definitely understand the request for the name change.  The original names looks like a pretty obvious attempt to make their products look like first party branding.  But I'm not understanding what they were trying to sell.  Were these supposed to be customized replacement faceplates?  If so, that would have been pretty cool to have as an option.    

22 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Tomorrow is release day!

I'm looking forward to thoughts about the system from members that are going to be spending a few minutes, or hours, or time, playing 🙂

PS5-Titles-1024x576.jpg

Spiderman has shipped so I should be getting that tomorrow 

My amazon order says arriving by 10pm tomorrow, but hasn’t shipped the console yet.  Hope they pull thru and overnight that bish.  Fingers crossed.

Ill post thoughts when I get it and dig into it

Edited by fox