IGNORED

PS5

playstationemail.com is registered through Tucows, and was registered in 2013. That's not the same registrar as playstation.com or sony.com and is much more recent. The SSL cert for click.playstationemail.com does not have extended verification and claims to be issued to the organization "SALESFORCE.COM, INC." (note this is under the control of the domain owner, but it's interesting what they choose to put there). Overall it could be legit but kinda sloppily done via outsourcing, or a scam. Hard to say! I wouldn't trust it, though.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Game consoles will be harder to find for the holidays than you thought

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/the-playstation-5-and-xbox-series-x-harder-to-find-than-you-thought-183507020.html

But the chip shortage, which kicked off as consumers sought out everything from computers and webcams to cars, has kept the supply of those new consoles incredibly tight. It didn’t help that bots designed to snatch up consoles from online stores, were beating out real people who wanted the systems.

There are two ways this ends, 1)supply greatly increases (won't happen any time soon) or 2)people stop supporting scalpers, which sadly won't happen any time soon

Well, let's be frank, it's not as if the PS5 has any "killer" games anyway 👾

• Disagree 1

11 hours ago, avatar! said:

Game consoles will be harder to find for the holidays than you thought

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/the-playstation-5-and-xbox-series-x-harder-to-find-than-you-thought-183507020.html

But the chip shortage, which kicked off as consumers sought out everything from computers and webcams to cars, has kept the supply of those new consoles incredibly tight. It didn’t help that bots designed to snatch up consoles from online stores, were beating out real people who wanted the systems.

There are two ways this ends, 1)supply greatly increases (won't happen any time soon) or 2)people stop supporting scalpers, which sadly won't happen any time soon

Well, let's be frank, it's not as if the PS5 has any "killer" games anyway 👾

Is this anything like the late 80s chip shortage that made Zelda 2 (and Mario 2?) fairly hard to come by when it came out?

Good thing the two games I would want for the PS5 (Dragon Quest 12 & Final Fantasy 16) won't be out for well over a year from now probably, so no real rush anyway.

1 hour ago, Estil said:

Is this anything like the late 80s chip shortage that made Zelda 2 (and Mario 2?) fairly hard to come by when it came out?

Not quite. The 80s shortage was a couple of specific types of memory chips that were in short supply, one of which Zelda II happened to use. The current shortage is much more comprehensive, and is a symptom of the larger general supply chain disruption.

I looked up the list of PS5 exclusives and was shocked how few there are. And half of those are even just remasters or "Directors Cuts" of PS4/PS3 games. It's hard to believe that we're a full year in and I can't find a single reason to get one, especially considering it's still $500 and still a pain in the ass to find.

Edited by cj_robot
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, cj_robot said:

I looked up the list of PS5 exclusives and was shocked how few there are. And half of those are even just remasters or "Directors Cuts" of PS4/PS3 games. It's hard to believe that we're a full year in and I can't find a single reason to get one, especially considering it's still $500 and still a pain in the ass to find.

Yeah if I had to go back in time I’d probably skip getting it and the Series X. Ratchet and clank was good and miles morales was a short follow up to spider man but other than those two the other games I played on it are all available on last gen. Same goes for series X, I actually can’t even think of an exclusive that I own for it. 

I read somewhere that both Sony and Xbox should have skipped releasing console upgrades and saved it up for next gen and I agree. The PS4 pro and one X take away from next gen in the worst way. 

Edited by a3quit4s

That makes no sense.  If you could go back in time, why not skip the PS4 Pro and One X?

I really don't understand all the whining about PS5.  It is leaps and bounds better than the PS4, which I upgraded from, bringing native 4K to the table.  If, like @cj_robotsays, that you can't "find a single reason" to get one, then that's on you and you don't need one.  So why the moaning?

Edited by glazball

1 hour ago, glazball said:

That makes no sense.  If you could go back in time, why not skip the PS4 Pro and One X?

I really don't understand all the whining about PS5.  It is leaps and bounds better than the PS4, which I upgraded from, bringing native 4K to the table.  If, like @cj_robotsays, that you can't "find a single reason" to get one, then that's on you and you don't need one.  So why the moaning?

That’s what I did and my PS5 and XSX still collect dust. On the other hand, I’ve bought almost 300 4K UHD movies this year and watch a movie almost every night. I think I’ve lost my interest in gaming. I can’t be bothered to play something that is longer than a few hours at this point.

• Wow! 1

Events Team · Posted
3 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Not quite. The 80s shortage was a couple of specific types of memory chips that were in short supply, one of which Zelda II happened to use. The current shortage is much more comprehensive, and is a symptom of the larger general supply chain disruption.

Zelda II confirmed R@RE!!1!!1!1!1!!!  OOP!! L👀K!!!1!

1 hour ago, glazball said:

Yeah, I'm not complaining, just stating my opinion. I'm not mad at Sony, Microsoft, or anybody who enjoys their new consoles. And you're exactly right, that's on me for not seeing a reason to buy one, but I honestly don't see one. There's hardly any games I can't already get for my PS4 or PC. 4K doesn't really excite me, especially since I don't even have a 4K TV.

Again, not complaining. PS5, at this point, is not for me and I'm OK with that. I'm glad that others are enjoying it.

2 hours ago, glazball said:

The "whining" is not about the PS5, it's about scalpers and the scarcity of the system. Granted if there's a chip shortage Sony can only do so much, but of course most retailers are doing absolutely nothing about scalpers, and with the holiday season approaching sadly these shitacular scalpers will make a killing 😕
Also, apart from having the PS5 as a 4K Blu-ray player as per @ICrappedMyPants I don't see much of a use for the PS5 as a gaming system. Most any game on the PS5 is available on the PS4. A recent "exclusive" was "The Sinking City Deluxe Edition", which is basically an update on a mediocre PS4 game. Sure, there are a few "hit" games such as Demon's Souls, which apart from a few changes (mostly improved graphics) is exactly the same as the PS3 game. All in all, as a gaming system the PS5 has lots of potential, but that's a moot point when there's little to entice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cj_robot said:

I know EXACTLY what you mean...I mean I already put in all this money for the previous four Playstations and now I'll have to get another unit, just for those two games I mentioned?  Doesn't seem right...

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...