IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Puzznic

BeaIank

I wish I hadn't started playing Puzznic today. If I had started last Sunday I'd be so much further. I got to 5-1 just playing today.

5-1 is tough. I couldn't remember what to do in time. 4-10 had me perplexed for a while as well.

3 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

You're talking to a guy that likes beat 'em ups.  Probably due to taking a few too many to the head resulting in an inability to figure out puzzles or react fast enough for a shooter.

I'm fine with beat 'em ups, arcade games, sports and platformers, but if puzzle games and shooters got dropped from the contest line up I wouldn't mind at all.

8 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

You're talking to a guy that likes beat 'em ups.  Probably due to taking a few too many to the head resulting in an inability to figure out puzzles or react fast enough for a shooter.

My preferences are pretty in line with dougs and this hurt haha. Whoever said he complained about tedious games and likes tetris is right though. My ADHD decides most of my preferences and getting good at tetris has always seemed insanely tedious. I liked the game just fine until I found out how good other people are. Shooters are stupidly tedious to get good at. I put WAY too much time into getting through like 8 minutes of gameplay on gradius

2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

My preferences are pretty in line with dougs and this hurt haha. Whoever said he complained about tedious games and likes tetris is right though. My ADHD decides most of my preferences and getting good at tetris has always seemed insanely tedious. I liked the game just fine until I found out how good other people are. Shooters are stupidly tedious to get good at. I put WAY too much time into getting through like 8 minutes of gameplay on gradius

Now this guy knows what he's talking about!

4 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

Yikes. I tried to make some runs for it at the last minute and barely got my current score up due to getting lost in playing!  I missed the mark on beating my personal best from 2017 (450k'ish) and 500k... ah well, next time. Nice score, @Jeevan (and everyone) 🙂 

Looks like I missed the top 8 by one spot. All of those scores in the millions were just crazy! Great scores everyone!

Events Team · Posted

Congratulations to @0xDEAFC0DE for winning Puzznic this week. Congratulations to @0xDEAFC0DE again for shattering the two puzzle games played so far in the schedule! Man, looking at that gigantic score you posted, there's so much numbers I don't think my brain can solve that correctly, you left me puzzled here. You sir are a fantastic puzzler, the kind of guy I would picture eating Tetris themed cereal in the morning, starting your day making tetrises in your milk bowl, but you sure eat them cereals super fast. Still, is all that really surprising folks? I would invite you to take a moment and pay a little attention to his username, cause that's a goddamn puzzle to figure out!!!

In the puzzling department also comes scoreboard leader @bertsampson with a score over 7 millions, which has nothing to be shy of and permits him to extend his lead even more with this week's results. Keep on keeping on Bert! Following after that we got @Splain, while having a more down to earth 1,552,800 score, is still an incredible contribution considering how the Puzznic scoring system gets exponentially higher as you get further in the game. There's a big disparity between the rich and the poor in the Puzznic kingdom. Speaking of, let's make an honorable mention to @Jeevan who almost got his entrance to the millionaire club this week, still a great effort Jee-pal!

As this week was one of the slower week of the season, I'll just go out here and give special thanks to everyone that actually showed up! Now let's have a refreshing break week and come back energized for the Mario Bros. contest, which should be entertaining in some way or another!

• Like 6

14 hours ago, bertsampson said:

Well I do have a few concussions from my MMA days, so that would explain a lot.

10 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

No @arnpoly this week? I figured he could roll out of bed and score at least 3 million!

Puzznic is a laborious time sync so it's understandable if he didn't feel like playing. I put it off until the last day because I remembered how it was in the 2017 contest.