IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Puzznic

BeaIank

2 hours ago, bertsampson said:

I don't miss the split seasons.  A final tournament between the two champs would have been nice though.  I like the late start, and the early finish.  Playing into November and December gets too busy.

I'm usually did better during the winter seasons, but playing through Thanksgiving/Christmas was a bit rough.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Editorials Team · Posted
3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Level 3-2 is annoying.

Yes it is. There's a couple levels where you have to time the elevator exactly right, and I can't find any other way to do it. The elevators are annoying already, but those few that require exact timing that's only learnable through trial and error are straight-up badly designed. Great game other than those levels.

16 hours ago, Splain said:

Yes it is. There's a couple levels where you have to time the elevator exactly right, and I can't find any other way to do it. The elevators are annoying already, but those few that require exact timing that's only learnable through trial and error are straight-up badly designed. Great game other than those levels.

The levels with those timing dependent drops are frustrating when they have nothing to do with solving the actual puzzles. I may give it another shot over the weekend and see if I can at least put up a top 8 score.

3 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Looks like a slow week. I haven't been looking forward to playing because I remember how difficult this was last time. I'll try to get a score in today and it probably won't be too high.

It's actually a fun game. I'm just waiting for @arnpoly to post a score and give @bertsampson some competition.

Editorials Team · Posted
22 hours ago, Jeevan said:

@Splain  u a puzzle boi, how u fairing??

Not great. 😞 I love puzzle games, and I'd love to really sink my teeth into this one and slam out a bangin' score, and try for the Puzzle Game trophy, buuuuut... due to quarantine-related things, I'm busier than ever, and weekends are no better than weekdays. I squeezed out as much spare time as I could to get this far, and I don't think I'll be able to top it before Sunday. (Boooo! Excuses!!)

0xU4Fc0.jpg

Fun game though, (except for those elevator timing levels) I'm definitely going to check out the Game Boy version and see how it compares.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's actually a fun game. I'm just waiting for @arnpoly to post a score and give @bertsampson some competition.

I remember last time we played I struggled pretty hard just to get 610k. These scores over a million are nuts.

I tried to solve everything for myself without looking up solutions though.

1 minute ago, mbd39 said:

I remember last time we played I struggled pretty hard just to get 610k. These scores over a million are nuts.

I tried to solve everything for myself without looking up solutions though.

That's about what I got last time. I just haven't had the time to play this week to do any better.

Updated to 3 million. As much as 3-2 is a poorly designed level 9-8 is way worse. If you don't act as soon as the level starts, it will trigger a match that leaves one behind. On my last run, I kept telling myself not to forget but still forgot and screwed it up. 

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE

4 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Updated to 3 million. As much as 3-2 is a poorly designed level 9-8 is way worse. If you don't act as soon as the level starts, it will trigger a match that leaves one behind. On my last run, I kept telling myself not to forget but still forgot and screwed it up. 

3 million?! Holy hell, I'm out of my league...