IGNORED

Look at these prices...unreal right ?

LifeGame

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, RH said:

It doesn't surprise me that a strategy guide is going for over $200.  It just surprises me that Chrono Cross is going for that much.

That last auction is going for more than a Chrono Trigger guide which IMO is much more desirable. It's a hype driven pump due to Chrono Cross being released on modern consoles. Though to be fair, Chrono Trigger has had a few guides, if someone wants to be cheap they can collect the PS1 guide for FF Chronicles or there are other alternatives. Chrono Cross only has one guide in English and it's this one. 

Edited by MiamiSlice

I don't have time to waste on stupid stuff, so that means both being lost but also paying some scheming sharks.  Archive dot org has a large amount of 90s guides scanned to PDF, surely this one is in there.  Problem solved, unless S-E gets into pushing their own guide, no harm, no foul.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2022 at 9:47 AM, MiamiSlice said:

Are you kidding me???

6D2513E1-C345-4CE8-95DA-113B3C98755A.jpeg

Good game! It was amazing when this first came out, both the main adventure itself AND downloading Chaos from the GameCube!

I'm not sure I'd pay that much if I didn't already have it, but IMO it's a MUST-HAVE GBA  game, honestly.

8 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Good game! It was amazing when this first came out, both the main adventure itself AND downloading Chaos from the GameCube!

I'm not sure I'd pay that much if I didn't already have it, but IMO it's a MUST-HAVE GBA  game, honestly.

Agreed on all that. I’m just surprised at how quickly it has climbed in price.

1 minute ago, MiamiSlice said:

Agreed on all that. I’m just surprised at how quickly it has climbed in price.

Insert like any game ever, over the past two years, lol! 😄

Obviously there is a little more trivia with this one too, like the fact it was the first Sonic game on a Nintendo (well, tied with SA2:B), and it was the first 2D sonic game in like a million years, unless you count the fuggin N-gage one, lol! 😅

Sonic Advance 2 was also pretty good, although I never bothered finishing Sonic Advance 3, it felt like they were kinda out of ideas again by the time they got to that one.

On 5/16/2022 at 8:01 AM, OptOut said:

Insert like any game ever, over the past two years, lol! 😄

Obviously there is a little more trivia with this one too, like the fact it was the first Sonic game on a Nintendo (well, tied with SA2:B), and it was the first 2D sonic game in like a million years, unless you count the fuggin N-gage one, lol! 😅

Sonic Advance 2 was also pretty good, although I never bothered finishing Sonic Advance 3, it felt like they were kinda out of ideas again by the time they got to that one.

Well the N-gage one was just Sonic Advance isn't it? But butchered I think.

Giving stores totes full of games at a huge discount just to spend $600 on a game that was $300 5 months ago. Not that it's a bad price! That's what it's hitting on eBay right now. But to then send it off to be graded when it's not even rare and a bunch of other people have the same game slabbed... whatever, to each their own. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

2 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Giving stores totes full of games at a huge discount just to spend $600 on a game that was $300 5 months ago. Not that it's a bad price! That's what it's hitting on eBay right now. But to then send it off to be graded when it's not even rare and a bunch of other people have the same game slabbed... whatever, to each their own. 

With the current gas prices you would be much better off just buying it on ebay. I dont even want to think about how much money was spent driving around to vacuum up every cheap game they could find in terrible condition. But it seems like thats the whole appeal lol