IGNORED

Look at these prices...unreal right ?

LifeGame

The point was, times change and things were being judged at the moment.  Now, because of all the hype/speculation/bubble/whatever, hindsight is 20/20.  No one knew five years ago how things would move to today, and who says they'll stay.  Thats why I think its dumb for people to say "This is the future".  You dont know!  No one does.  Either you get lucky or you dont.  So I say, do it cuz you enjoy it, not because you're looking to make a profit.  

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

A 9.4 SE sold for 30k on HA. Probably the highest grade one out there, for whatever it’s worth, but someone will pay crazy for the best thing, even a loose cart. One week later a reggo SE cart sells for 30k on Ebay. What’s going on man.

Feels like we are seeing a big spike, another round of mania, as a lot more attention has been generated in the past month. 

I’m guessing if that 9.4 SE went up for sale again today it would go for more.

5 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Apparently the winner bidder hasn’t paid (someone on FB contacted the seller). Could just be shenanigans. If anyone’s making big buying decisions based on sales prices, you are truly in the wild west these days.

This part is pretty scary. Pat claims that he has a source that mentions in case of non-payment HA will offer to second highest bidder, then the third and so forth and if "no one" steps up to pay then HA might just hide the item because non-payments being reported in news would really hurt HA. Earlier Ian or Pat mentions that the main thing that matters for the interested parties in a sale like this is that the news have been made - well I imagine beyond the seller themselves, while they can profit of other sales due to the news, losing the big bucks of a record sale to non-payer would suck in any case.

Controlling the perception of folks via shady tactics is really really powerful stuff and very unfortunate when it works. Just in general in life's many avenues.

Edited by sp1nz
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Well if that is the case and HA would bury than be honest, that says HUGE about how disreputable they are right down to the lack of pop reports for their bullshit starting bids and manipulation.

The true gaming community needs to document each and every last one of these possible with the fake end prices and what they pay out to on a lower bidder or if they get skunked.  It needs to be a public pop report on a website with updates, so people can google search it as a high listing meta find right next to their own site so it can't be hidden.  Show the cracks, show the deceptions, the non payments for garbage attention seeking on their end and the bidders too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

I THINK @DefaultGen said that the bidder on EBAY for the 30k SE cart was the one who didn't pay, NOT the million dollar Mario.

If the million dollar Mario doesn't get paid for, I am ASSUMING that @ExplodedHamster will tell us, at least he seemed to suggest he would in the other thread.

I'll be honest I did think for some reason it was referencing the Super Mario 64 even though the discussion just before was about Stadium Events. The Stadium Events is still HA+non-payment (so far), so the video timestamp fits it in that way. Moral of the story is to not trust that every transaction goes through and some games might even get "buried". I would still imagine some seller will make noise about it in case it happens, unless you are bound by some legal documents with HA.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone notice that OG Gameboy has caught fire lately?  $150+ for SML/SML2, $250+ for Metroid II and this for some of the rarer stuff (Full Disclosure: I was going to bid $350, and was expecting to at least be in the neighborhood):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bonks-Revenge-Game-Boy-Super-Rare-Box-100-Authentic-in-Great-condition-/384293492191?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l44720.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 4:54 PM, Naked Warrior said:

Anyone notice that OG Gameboy has caught fire lately?  $150+ for SML/SML2, $250+ for Metroid II and this for some of the rarer stuff (Full Disclosure: I was going to bid $350, and was expecting to at least be in the neighborhood):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bonks-Revenge-Game-Boy-Super-Rare-Box-100-Authentic-in-Great-condition-/384293492191?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l44720.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Wow….I haven’t seen a decent condition HudsonSoft Bonks Revenge in awhile but the way things have gone in the last year I’m not surprised. OG gameboy has always been a tough one to collect for. Bonk Revenge is more rare than say Kid Dracula which is probably double that price sales or more now. 

26 minutes ago, Mr. CIB said:

Wow….I haven’t seen a decent condition HudsonSoft Bonks Revenge in awhile but the way things have gone in the last year I’m not surprised. OG gameboy has always been a tough one to collect for. Bonk Revenge is more rare than say Kid Dracula which is probably double that price sales or more now. 

You really think so?   There's sealed case fresh copies of Bonk out there (95s) and there's like 2 or 3 confimed (max?) Kid Draculas's sealed.  WIth Bonk coming in Electrobrain and Hudson soft versions you'll see them up from time to time.  It's just a drought and sought after when the TG16 game blew up.

I agree Dracula tends to be more available based on value but over the years there's been plenty of Bonk chances.  I think confirmed copies would skew higher on Bonk than Drac.

Edited by jonebone

5 hours ago, jonebone said:

You really think so?   There's sealed case fresh copies of Bonk out there (95s) and there's like 2 or 3 confimed (max?) Kid Draculas's sealed.  WIth Bonk coming in Electrobrain and Hudson soft versions you'll see them up from time to time.  It's just a drought and sought after when the TG16 game blew up.

I agree Dracula tends to be more available based on value but over the years there's been plenty of Bonk chances.  I think confirmed copies would skew higher on Bonk than Drac.

I haven’t seen the case fresh Bonk’s but do own a sealed Kid Dracula that’s probably not in your count. You have more experience in sealed games so I would have to defer to you there. Based on my experience I haven’t seen as many CIB Bonks Revenge from Hudson as I have Kid Dracula but then again I am not a GB expert. 

Now I know you must be sitting on a extra Avenging Spirit, sell it to me so I can stop looking a GB games altogether 🙂

Edited by Mr. CIB
  • Like 1