IGNORED

Look at these prices...unreal right ?

LifeGame

They're kinda different sales so it's a bit hard to say? It wasn't an auction sale. Seems the initial offer was $1.6m, upped to $2m. And the Rally owners bought in waaaaay lower than that so they were each looking at a huge payout, which is always tempting. If I had a piece of it I might've voted to hold on even at $2m, but it's hard to turn down a 20x return or whatever it was.

8 minutes ago, Dumars2001 said:

I bid $2,850.00 on it thinking I was gonna win it for like half that. It's one of three variants I still don't have.

Also, what's really interesting is seeing the number "9" stamped on the back. Usually Super Mario Bros. only comes in 00 and 07.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

I bid $2,850.00 on it thinking I was gonna win it for like half that. It's one of three variants I still don't have.

Also, what's really interesting is seeing the number "9" stamped on the back. Usually Super Mario Bros. only comes in 00 and 07.

That was a solid bid and I honestly thought it would end around $2,000 (so you should have won it, lol), but we are in a crazy world of video game collecting these days!

6 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

It was hitting $1k for a while.

I paid $650 for a used CE after selling a used standard for $499.

I wonder if people know that you can get the PS5 edition now for a small fraction of that cost... but maybe Nintendo fans are bat-schnat crazy?

Screenshot-from-2021-08-09-21-31-14.png

4 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

Only problem is the additional $500-900 you've got to add on for the PS5, so you're out $1K to play either way.  😜

If I'm paying $1000 I'd rather end up with a PS5 and some great games than you know, just one Shantae game for the Switch... but maybe that's just me 🙂

Edited by avatar!
  • Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 9:55 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Yeah, and you can get Chrono Trigger on DS for a lot less than on SNES, or Mario 64 on Switch for a lot less than on N64, etc etc

Word, people should just get the real, original version of Shantae and the Pirates Curse, not some dumb LE port! Wait...

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Check out this 20,000,000 sold promo Donkey Kong Game & Watch. I was willing to go pretty big on it but not 1m JPY ($9100). I couldn’t find any info on it but it looks awesome. There’s a similar green 20m promo G&W console but I’d rather have a DK personally  

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v1000826284

• Wow! 1

Wow dude that Game & Watch I had no idea, probably most didn't...that's insane, and it's in excellent shape too.  I can see why it has that value tacked to it, even if it is insane.

That said, I'm backing up my disgust with prices and bitching about it too with going from inaction to action.

Scorched earth on 2 platforms.  I put my PCE collection as a fs/fo post on the discord, already have a potential thing working out with a member.  Letting it go for 1/3 to 1/2 the actual value as a bundle, see no need to lose, but also not to ream someone over it either. 🙂  Also done with Pokemon Mini, got a local girl who wants to buy it who is like a mile away, very convenient had 4 bites so far because I got 1/3 or more off that price too.

Purged even more stuff into a lot of afternoon work doing images and stuff, I'm really fed up with the crap going on, even if things are starting to (ugh finally) improve, not pissing it on overvalued racketeering. 🙂  Less is more, more means time to play, not hunt.

Yeah this is an anti-look at the prices, but more of a cause n effect of it too.  Cause -- stupid greed, Effect -- disgust and give deals dumping stuff.  Works for me.

Anyone know anyone that was bidding on this Video Life? Gixen screwed my buddy out of a bid on it with an eligibility error (much higher than the end price). IMO it went super low considering a loose Air Raid just sold for $10k ($3300 for future Googlers).

Technical issue? I'm overestimating interest in high end boomer shit? No cares about Atari, who would pay $3k for any Atari cartridge Tyler?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Video-Life-/174896860288

44 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Anyone know anyone that was bidding on this Video Life? Gixen screwed my buddy out of a bid on it with an eligibility error (much higher than the end price). IMO it went super low considering a loose Air Raid just sold for $10k ($3300 for future Googlers).

Technical issue? I'm overestimating interest in high end boomer shit? No cares about Atari, who would pay $3k for any Atari cartridge Tyler?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Video-Life-/174896860288

I’m going with no one cares about Atari and who would pay $3k for an Atari cartridge Tyler. LOL. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1