IGNORED

Look at these prices...unreal right ?

LifeGame

2 minutes ago, 360collector said:

With the current gas prices you would be much better off just buying it on ebay. I dont even want to think about how much money was spent driving around to vacuum up every cheap game they could find in terrible condition. But it seems like thats the whole appeal lol

Agreed. For the time spent they could have gotten a weekend job or did some Amazon Turk tasks and probably made $300 in the same amount of time. Like I get the hunt can be fun but the "hustle" obscures the fact that time is money too. But for this couple it's obviously more about making content for their YouTube channel than obtaining a "grail." 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know this game is pretty rare in the box, but close to $600 rare?...for a CIB with some moderate denting/sticker issues? I've seen this for sale at least 5 or 6 times and I've passed up on $75 CIB/$300 Sealed...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BattleBots-Beyond-the-Battlebox-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-2002-/403689906074?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l44720.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the headline for it's sale.  I had no clue it was on HA.com.  Welp, that's it.  Game, set, match for litigating these guys.  If they are making +$100m auction sales on their sites, with their percentage cuts and buyer premiums, they have more than enough coffers to win any litigation against them.

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

That's it! I give up... I'm never gonna own a Nobel Peace prize.

Screenshot-from-2022-06-21-15-29-28.png

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-nobel-peace-laureate-muratov-003131513.html

Dang, 100x the cash value of the prize itself. I get one of a kind historic artifacts like the Codex Leicester, Gutenberg Bible, Declaration of Independence copies, art, and rare coins or whatever. This is literally just a gold medal handed out by the estate of dead rich guy at the end of the day. Wild.

Edited by DefaultGen

1 hour ago, DefaultGen said:

Dang, 100x the cash value of the prize itself. I get one of a kind historic artifacts like the Codex Leicester, Gutenberg Bible, Declaration of Independence copies, art, and rare coins or whatever. This is literally just a gold medal handed out by the estate of dead rich guy at the end of the day. Wild.

its cause the money goes to Ukraine

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 360collector said:

its cause the money goes to Ukraine

If that's the case, as much as I say F Heritage (and may still depending) that's a nice chunk of change I hope goes to making more russians suffer for their illegal acts.  Screw them, that'll buy a lot of ordinance, gear, and aide.

The depending, if HA took their usual cut given the circumstances, as this is a worthy cause and they shouldn't be skimming as it costs them nothing but time to auction it basically.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

And this is why I bought Wii U games when they were being discounted from the big box stores...

turbo.png

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

Are you trying to tell me this game isn't worth $600? Blasphemy.

Turbo's always been a tough find on WiiU (at least here), let alone sealed.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I'm being somewhat facetious. The value/price is whatever the market dictates. This is stupid to me, but certainly no stupider than paying $1,000 for a sealed copy of Grand Theft Auto III or God of War, both of which have sold several million copies and are readily available for purchase.

Edited by DoctorEncore

2 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

This game was hard to find new even when it was released. TRU was the only place I found it locally and they are few and far between in Canada. People laughed on NA when I told them to pick up a lot of these games at retail. Game & Wario, Turbo Stunt Squad, Tales of the Unwritten 2, Steam World collection, Rapala Bass Fishing, and Devil's 3rd all commanding pretty significant prices on sealed copies after going through some of the games that were a little harder to come by back then. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Well friends it’s time for me to throw in the towel. I’m not cut out for this anymore 😵💫

763B0416-7696-4F8B-AA3D-F2D315B26201.jpeg

UGH don't get me started on that.  The virus had little impact on the rampage stupidity with that individual title, not that the other 3 are remarkably exactly fair either complete (all over $100 complete even in poor shape, and #4 is 150-200 loose.)  It took me over 2 years to get a loose cart that shipped didn't go over $100US and I was disturbingly grateful to the seller from australia on that one I'm sure. 🙂  That was probably 4 years ago now, I know it was 1-2 years before the dumb virus and it's fallout.  What's bad, none of them are rare, NONE, yet the group think of scalpers have singled out #4 as the one to ramrod people over.  Back around 2000 when these game out I directly ordered all four of them direct from GAME UK and they all had the same release date and price, nothing delayed, magical or otherwise weird about it.

It's manufactured abuse plain and simple.  This game alone kept me from bothering on going after the game+manual because the game itself was a nightmare not to dunk $150-200 on which it is now and was years back.  It's a pity, the collection is just awesome, and in some cases you get english released games for the first time in the format with a Goemon adventure in particular, but also Pop'n Twinbee and Parodius too to name a couple.  I recommend anyone to get a bootleg of the games 100% (or at least pop it on a flash kit.)

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2022 at 5:19 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Well friends it’s time for me to throw in the towel. I’m not cut out for this anymore 😵💫

763B0416-7696-4F8B-AA3D-F2D315B26201.jpeg

Part 4 is the one I don’t have yet. I’ve always seen it for between $70 to over $100 loose. Always hoped it would come down lower but no luck but I think it may have even gone up these days.