IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - TMNT 3

BeaIank

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

I smell the no death run coming. I think this weekend I will be sufficiently humbled before heading back to work Monday

Lol 🙂 nah I know I can’t 1LC I’m hoping I get lucky and 1cc 

your really good at this game and I’ve never gotten past tokka. So I’m gonna need some luck. 

27 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Maybe sometime in the near future it has been done lol

I left plenty of points on the table playing it safe in my run, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone beats my score. Tom's 2013 score would have me beat by about 12k, so it's doable.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

5 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Chairy might have something for you berts not the best at best um ups.

It looks like tables has been focusing on the NES completions thread. He might just throw up a quick participation score.

4 hours ago, mbd39 said:

It looks like tables has been focusing on the NES completions thread. He might just throw up a quick participation score.

He is playing through bases loaded 4. I am playing through bases loaded 2 and have always loved those games. But no sane person can do that exclusively. 

2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

NES games seem to have that effect.

This one reminds me of playing golf (the sport, not the game). If your hitting irons, all of a sudden you can't putt. If your crushing drives, the irons seem to go. As soon as I master one problem, I falter somewhere else. 

I did a playthrough yesterday and got to the last level with a few lives. Probably not enough to beat shreddar, but enough to get Krane. Then I paused it for a zoom style fame night with friends where I had some large number of beers. Stupidly played level 8 after and went down in flames. Figured it wouldn't matter because its only Thursday. Finished 100 points higher than last score and was too dejected to take a photo. Now I'm in a rut!

Edited by NESfiend

7 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I did a playthrough yesterday and got to the last level with a few lives. Probably not enough to beat shreddar, but enough to get Krane. Then I paused it for a zoom style fame night with friends where I had some large number of beers. Stupidly played level 8 after and went down in flames. Figured it wouldn't matter because its only Thursday. Finished 100 points higher than last score and was too dejected to take a photo. Now I'm in a rut!

i always have to play the whole run. puase seems to always screw me up

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

i always have to play the whole run. puase seems to always screw me up

That would be the preference for sure. Losing the rhythm makes it hard. With a long game like this and a young kid though, easier said than done. If Im in front of my NES for 2 hours right after he goes down, Mrs Fiend gets restless. 

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

That would be the preference for sure. Losing the rhythm makes it hard. With a long game like this and a young kid though, easier said than done. If Im in front of my NES for 2 hours right after he goes down, Mrs Fiend gets restless. 

similar boat here. my play time is midnight till as long as i think i can play and still go to work at 7 am lol

• Haha 1