IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - TMNT 3

BeaIank

Moderator · Posted

I used to love hitting back the manhole covers on the streets of Manhattan! I’ve done better, and I still hope to once I’ve dusted off the ol’ cobwebs. If for no other reason than to win my indifferent cat’s approval.

Ah my mistake about the lives: here’s an updated score at the beginning of life 0, cat  was indisposed. And in case you were wondering, there’s my console on the left.

FEDCEEEF-AF64-4A81-95D3-A6BE63076308.jpeg

39CAD855-0B8F-468B-84A4-078E7ED971DD.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Awww, there should be bonus points if you include man's REAL best friend in your high score picture! 🙂

I don't care if that's not even close to finishing the game or that he forgot to include the console without a cheating device in the pic, that kitty is so adorable I say this contest is over!  Give Scrobins the ten thousand dollars! 😄 

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, Scrobins said:

I used to love hitting back the manhole covers on the streets of Manhattan! I’ve done better, and I still hope to once I’ve dusted off the ol’ cobwebs. If for no other reason than to win my indifferent cat’s approval.

I'm sure u will never get the approval you really want!  🤣

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, profholt82 said:

spacer.png

My first life I died on Rocksteady in the 1st stage, somewhere around 40,000. Final death came in the 3rd level BeBop fight. I swear I was much better at this game when I was 10. Hahahaha

I'll give it another shot later this week.

My good man, next time you submit a score, make sure to end your run when you get to 'life 0' 🙂!

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Scrobins said:

This is nice, has a nice cat and all, but you need to take your picture when you have the select your turtle option on R=1 or at the very start of R=0 with the game paused. 🙂

34 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

This is nice, has a nice cat and all, but you need to take your picture when you have the select your turtle option on R=1 or at the very start of R=0 with the game paused. 🙂

Say Bealank, you are doing your best to self-quarantine yourself right?  You wouldn't want to get captured and have someone win that free trip to anywhere in North America right? 😄 

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Estil said:

Say Bealank, you are doing your best to self-quarantine yourself right?  You wouldn't want to get captured and have someone win that free trip to anywhere in North America right? 😄 

Ain't no one in the world knows where I am self quarantined, so it is fine!

Events Team · Posted
Just now, Estil said:

Are you sure about that?  Are you sure you're sure?  I mean I imagine Acme Crime Net has come a long way in 25 years!

They are still incompetent as ever.
Haven't you seen the latest Netflix show?
They ain't catching me, that is for sure. For no one knows where in time I am.

Just now, BeaIank said:

They are still incompetent as ever.
Haven't you seen the latest Netflix show?
They ain't catching me, that is for sure. For no one knows where in time I am.

Well I was thinking more of the "Where in the World" version.  What made it most difficult in that version (the game show) was that from the gumshoe's perspective, the map is upside down!!  As if the really tight time crunch (you can maybe make one mistake AT MOST) of getting eight in 45 seconds wasn't bad enough.  And if you drew the Africa or Asia map...God (or perhaps Atlas?) help you...

5 hours ago, BeaIank said:

Shit, I did the same thing. Why do we have to play down to one life rather than 0 when the game has a game over screen that shows the final score? Have nothing but respect for both bea and the rules and have no qualms about playing through it again. However, since we changed the rules once and this way seems to make sense, I want to make sure we are keeping that rule before playing through it again.  I'm sure I'm missing something as to beas reasoning though. Fully realize she is probably going to explain the reason for 1 rather than 0 and I will only look foolish and start again

Edited by NESfiend

10 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Is it time for Heavy Shreddin’ yet? Happy Covid 19 all. Stay healthy and keep spirits high. 

I assume the heavy shreddin part is a joke. If it isn't, I am DOWN! Beat it for the first time for the NES completion thread lately and think I could no death it with grinding. That game is crazy hard to get good at, but worth it. Once you do its so much fun leaping cliffs and buildings and everything else. 

Edit: Typically delete all gaming photos pretty quickly, but hung on to one of these. Best/Most random screen ever for beating each level. 

20200322_164131.jpg

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

I assume the heavy shreddin part is a joke. If it isn't, I am DOWN! Beat it for the first time for the NES completion thread lately and think I could no death it with grinding. That game is crazy hard to get good at, but worth it. Once you do its so much fun leaping cliffs and buildings and everything else. 

Heavy Shreddin was one of my favorite rentals as a kid. I haven't played it in years. I dunno if it's aged well or not.

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

Heavy Shreddin was one of my favorite rentals as a kid. I haven't played it in years. I dunno if it's aged well or not.

Can see why with the cover art. I would have rented the crap out of it if my store had it. If you pop it in and play for a few minutes, you might think it's aged terribly. If you make yourself get to a point where you can get deep, its such a badass game. Its the only one I've beat for that thread that I've beat a few times more after because I miss playing it.

Edited by NESfiend

Events Team · Posted

@NESfiend By playing till you lose your turtle on r=1, we can see the progress you made into the game in case a tie break proves to be needed.
It is also an optimal spot for taking pictures since you have all the time in the world to take yours while the game is waiting for you to pick your next turtle.

12 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

For anyone that beats the game, you need to be quick taking your picture because you can't pause the game after it adds your 100,000 point bonus.

Thanks for the heads up...however don't think that will be an issue for me. lol

• Like 1