IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Tecmo Bowl

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for an exciting week of SPORTS!
Our mighty competitors will be running, tackling, passing and score on TECMO BOWL in this week!

Here's the rules they will abide to in this week of unnecessary roughness:

• 1 player only
  • Choose whichever team you want
  • You must play a complete game
  • Take your picture on the final results screen (the screen that looks like a newspaper and shows the final score)
  • Your score will be the differential between your score and the computer’s score
  • Ex: You 35 CPU 14 = score of 21
  • Ex: You 14 CPU 35 = score of -21
  • In the event of a tie, the greater number of points scored by you in the 1st quarter will break the tie.  If a tiebreaker is still needed, the greater number of points scored by you in the 2nd quarter will break that tie.
  • No making successful passes in your own zone (that is the touchdown zone of your opponent).  This causes you to get a touchdown.  Anyone suspected of doing this to rack up their score will have their score disqualified.
  • Greatest differential between your score and the computer wins.  A positive score takes preference over all negative scores.
  • GENRE: Sports

May the one that sports harder than the other come up on top!

The contest ends Sunday, 03/15/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

"Why is this called football if there isn't a ball and the oval thing is carried on the player's hands?"

Events Team · Posted
1st bertsampson 112
2nd Bearcat-Doug 112
3rd TWarwick07 105
4th 0xDEAFC0DE 91
5th ninjistar 84
5th skinnygrinny 84
7th Richardhead 69
8th Ausden 56
9th Mega Tank 50
10th 8bitdontquit 49
11th JamesRobot 28
12th SuperJimtendo 25
13th Krunch 22
13th Gaia Gensouki 22
15th Murray 7
16th Reed Rothchild -24

4 hours ago, mbd39 said:

"No making successful passes in your own zone (that is the touchdown zone of your opponent).  This causes you to get a touchdown.  Anyone suspected of doing this to rack up their score will have their score disqualified. "

What?

Apparently there's a glitch where completing a pass in your own end zone counts as a touchdown.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Apparently there's a glitch where completing a pass in your own end zone counts as a touchdown.

It took me a while to realize that this isn't Tecmo Super Bowl. Because I didn't remember that being in the rules when we played it in 2017.

Yep, this feels very familiar (I'm looking at you, 2015 contests).  If you thought last week was tough, just get out now 😄 

I kid, I kid. Kinda. It's going to be a slug fest!  That year, I scored 70 and tied for 14th! hahaha. It was a lot of fun though!  I freakin love Tecmo Bowl! (BTW, @bertsampson won that year...)

Edited by ninjistar
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Krunch said:

Lol, two scores in and there's already an exact tie with both tiebreaker conditions also tied

I'm definitely picking San Francisco, they're clearly the best    (irony!!!)

I think I have the tiebreaker with more points in the third quarter, but I have a feeling I won't be ahead for long.