IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Tecmo Bowl

BeaIank

• The topic was featured
10 hours ago, mbd39 said:

I  should post a half assed participation score this week. I'm just not into sports games that aren't Punch-Out or Rad Racer.

Yeah I think I'll have to do the same because I can't even win a game.   Tomorrow I'm going to buy a cord for my non-Mac computer so I can use my authentic NES controller with adapter (Mac doesnt allow you to use controller accessories with Nestopia).  But really I dont think it'll help that much in this case, I can move around okay with keyboard inputs but I just cannot stop the computer team from scoring.   Thats okay - there are plenty more games coming to excel at

18 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Oh man! PowerPak for me. I’m so fucking bummed at how expensive a CIB is for this game. #NESingonabudgetbro 

😜

i tried to pick up a loose copy at the local brick and mortar but they didnt have a copy.

there is another place about 45 minutes out...i might make the trip but gas $ alone makes it a $10 tecmo bowl 😕 

its just a game id like to find in a cheap lot or pay $2 for single.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

i tried to pick up a loose copy at the local brick and mortar but they didnt have a copy.

there is another place about 45 minutes out...i might make the trip but gas $ alone makes it a $10 tecmo bowl 😕 

its just a game id like to find in a cheap lot or pay $2 for single.

No doubt. Both  local places near me want $12 loose. I figure may as well just get a nice CIB instead. Just no decent deals happening at the moment. Thankfully the Corona Virus is upon us. Maybe score a cheap copy soon😜

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

No doubt. Both  local places near me want $12 loose. I figure may as well just get a nice CIB instead. Just no decent deals happening at the moment. Thankfully the Corona Virus is upon us. Maybe score a cheap copy soon😜

i agree drum up 10 more bucks for a cib 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 1:44 PM, bertsampson said:

Tie me up, and I'll go for it.  I almost got it that game, but I only had time for one play, and they matched my call.  I may play some more.  I still think 119 is doable.

Score update. I should have had 112, but I got picked on the goal line at the end of the second quarter. There was still one second left and I managed to get a safety on the last play of the half. I doubt my score will hold up, but I don't think I'm beating 107.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

Are you ready for Star Force?

i havent played since last contest. i hate that game now. edit: ok i dont hate it. ill play the week of but im not going to practice it.

this year im looking at gradius and zombie nation for all out effort.

Edited by skinnygrinny
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

i havent played since last contest. i hate that game now. edit: ok i dont hate it. ill play the week of but im not going to practice it.

this year im looking at gradius and zombie nation for all out effort.

SMB, Adventure Island and Tetris are the games I look forward to most. A week of SMB will be a week of bliss.

• Like 1