IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Tecmo Bowl

BeaIank

12 minutes ago, TWarwick07 said:

I love tecmo bowl, classic game from back in the day, before tecmo super bowl came out my friends from school and I would draft teams and have a league and keep stats on paper. I had last pick and got stuck with the colts. It wasn't a good season

I was surprised that the Bengals weren't in the game since they made the Super Bowl the season Tecmo Bowl was released. It's also the last time they were any good.

2 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

i got one better 😉

Heh, I don't but I think I'm done with this game.   I cant really say copycat because I didnt have any success till I copied you (handing it to bo.)  I should probably pick a game to start practicing myself.   Probably Adventure Island

Edited half an hour later:   Just played some Yoshi's Cookie, im digging it but hooo boy that ones gonna be a slow grind.

Edited by Krunch

44 minutes ago, Krunch said:

Heh, I don't but I think I'm done with this game.   I cant really say copycat because I didnt have any success till I copied you (handing it to bo.)  I should probably pick a game to start practicing myself.   Probably Adventure Island

Edited half an hour later:   Just played some Yoshi's Cookie, im digging it but hooo boy that ones gonna be a slow grind.

i think 80 points is probably the best you can do handing to bo 🙂 

i am probably done playing too.

i thought about going for AI but i prefer gradius. 

3 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

i think 80 points is probably the best you can do handing to bo 🙂 

i am probably done playing too.

i thought about going for AI but i prefer gradius. 

I guess you need to get interceptions?   I just cant seem to pull it off, got a few fluky ones.  Ive had enough but maybe if the leaderboard is looking thin near the end i might go for a hail mary attempt.    

11 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I remember Yoshi's Cookie being way more fun than Yoshi but I haven't played it in since the 2016 contest.

For me Yoshi is more fun because its more fast-paced but its also one of my favorite NES games, I know that most people arent a fan of it.   Yoshi's Cookie I never got into as much, just from reacquainting myself with it for a half hour its obvious that is beneficial to go for the slow grind.   It reminds me of the 2014 contests when NA member SpaceJockey was grinding out 4+ hour runs in the chat back then.   The point valuations in yoshis cookie are quite interesting, certainly much more dynamic than in Yoshi.

I wish I had a physical cart copy...  I always used to look at a particular CIB at a local shop thats been there forever but it just wasnt good enough condition even though I was racking up big trade credit at the time.   Either way ill be playing with a controller by then, this keyboard sh*t is getting old

23 minutes ago, Krunch said:

I guess you need to get interceptions?   I just cant seem to pull it off, got a few fluky ones.  Ive had enough but maybe if the leaderboard is looking thin near the end i might go for a hail mary attempt.    

ya, i actually play as the linebacker (i cant remember his name right now... its "millen") and i get two to four int's a game.

Edited by skinnygrinny

11 minutes ago, Krunch said:

For me Yoshi is more fun because its more fast-paced but its also one of my favorite NES games, I know that most people arent a fan of it.   Yoshi's Cookie I never got into as much, just from reacquainting myself with it for a half hour its obvious that is beneficial to go for the slow grind.   It reminds me of the 2014 contests when NA member SpaceJockey was grinding out 4+ hour runs in the chat back then.   The point valuations in yoshis cookie are quite interesting, certainly much more dynamic than in Yoshi.

I wish I had a physical cart copy...  I always used to look at a particular CIB at a local shop thats been there forever but it just wasnt good enough condition even though I was racking up big trade credit at the time.   Either way ill be playing with a controller by then, this keyboard sh*t is getting old

If you do have to play on emulator I recommend using a DS4. It's the best PC controller I've ever used by a wide margin, because it isn't really a PC controller... those are all terrible.

16 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

If you do have to play on emulator I recommend using a DS4. It's the best PC controller I've ever used by a wide margin, because it isn't really a PC controller... those are all terrible.

I can actually play with an original NES controller on my computer, since I have a USB adapter from RetroUSB, however I cant do it on my Macbook which is what I currently use as my main computer since it doesnt allow controller support on Nestopia.    I can do it on my old computer (a PC), all I need is to get a cord for it so I can boot it back up again.   Just been a bit tardy on picking that up since the early 2020 roster wasnt slanted in my favor anyways.

My other set of options is to simply use my Powerpak with my AVS, but I dont have a CF card currently so I'll need to do the whole ROM with CF card thing and thats a pain in the ass which I dont enjoy - and I'd prob want to reboot my old computer for that anyways.  Maybe I'll do that later in the year.   It's funny, when I started in these contests it was rare that I didnt have a game since I was so heavy into collecting, but over the years I've sold off nearly all but my favorite stuff.

friday skinny score board thing

meerkat 107 (meerkat guy from cincinati) 

😭 105 (waa waa waa)

that snoopy guy 91 (loves the giants)

tapeworm 52 G.O.A.T.

smb2 usa sucks 39 (ninjistar)

scary dog 32 (lives in north carolina)

itchie ritchie 28 ("i have the right of way!")

super slim 25 (rainbow kid)

krispety krunchety 22 (picaso)

sanda -24 (my little brother)

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

friday skinny score board thing

meerkat 107 (meerkat guy from cincinati) 

😭 105 (waa waa waa)

that snoopy guy 91 (loves the giants)

tapeworm 52 G.O.A.T.

smb2 usa sucks 39 (ninjistar)

scary dog 32 (lives in north carolina)

itchie ritchie 28 ("i have the right of way!")

super slim 25 (rainbow kid)

krispety krunchety 22 (picaso)

sanda -24 (my little brother)

Not a lot of faith in me huh?

So I had to pick up my college daughter from spring break and used it as an excuse to stop by retro game junkie in PA and picked up some stuff I needed to tournament.... If we are going to be sitting in the house for Weeks on end might as well get into the games!!

IMG_20200313_183307303.jpg

Edited by TWarwick07
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, TWarwick07 said:

So I had to pick up my college daughter from spring break and used it as an excuse to stop by retro game junkie in PA and picked up some stuff I needed to tournament.... If we are going to be sitting in the house for Wednesday night as well get into the games!!

3 of my favorite games in that lot 😜

Events Team · Posted
15 minutes ago, TWarwick07 said:

So I had to pick up my college daughter from spring break and used it as an excuse to stop by retro game junkie in PA and picked up some stuff I needed to tournament.... If we are going to be sitting in the house for Wednesday night as well get into the games!!

Sweet Recca repro! Been wanting to get that myself. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JamesRobot said:

Sweet Recca repro! Been wanting to get that myself. 

That store is really good, they have a ton of cool stuff but it's all over the store, they clean the games you buy before you leave so while I'm waiting they have a locked case on the counter with all kinds of repros, I look and saw the recca.... I passed on it when he told me the price but I reconsidered because honestly I probably wouldn't put a score up on an emulator. And I didn't have to wait for shopping I took it home today.