IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Tecmo Bowl

BeaIank

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I think you've got me on this one. I've been trying all day and I would have tied it up except the computer matched my play 4 straight times in the fourth quarter and I turned the ball over. Are you going to go for 119 anyway?

Probably not.  Schools just got shut down, grocery stores have empty shelves, and too many people doing crazy things.  Wait...maybe I will have time.  Sitting at home enjoying my kids, some adult beverages, and some Tecmo Bowl!

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I think you've got me on this one. I've been trying all day and I would have tied it up except the computer matched my play 4 straight times in the fourth quarter and I turned the ball over. Are you going to go for 119 anyway?

I looked into SF offense a lot and it's actually not too difficult to get passes off even when the computer matches your play. I've found that throwing it to Craig right after he changes direction is pretty consistent. 

33 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

I looked into SF offense a lot and it's actually not too difficult to get passes off even when the computer matches your play. I've found that throwing it to Craig right after he changes direction is pretty consistent. 

It was the end of the fourth quarter and I needed a touchdown so I was pretty much out of luck at that point. It was a lousy way to end the best game I had all day. 🤬

2 hours ago, bertsampson said:

Probably not.  Schools just got shut down, grocery stores have empty shelves, and too many people doing crazy things.  Wait...maybe I will have time.  Sitting at home enjoying my kids, some adult beverages, and some Tecmo Bowl!

Waiting for the school here to shut down. I'll know tomorrow. I've been doing the same as you - staying at home and enjoying some sports game ball game (sport)! 🙂 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ninjistar said:

Does anyone else ever sit back and think about how simple some of these games are, yet they are still so fun and entertaining?  You couldn't release a sports game today with such limited features and play selection (at least not a modern one). I love the "challenge" of out-thinking the computer with play picks (albeit insanely simple) and just making them screw up!  I've also always loved how the bodies fly when you pick the same play. The players flying through the air makes me 😄

the players flying through the air like a bomb went off cracks me up. 

i was thinking the same thing about the simplicity. i actually enjoy playing tecmo bowl. for some reason im not as interested in super tecmo bowl 🤷

does anybody else try to make the ball land as close to the posts as possible while still making the extra point? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinnygrinny said:

the players flying through the air like a bomb went off cracks me up. 

i was thinking the same thing about the simplicity. i actually enjoy playing tecmo bowl. for some reason im not as interested in super tecmo bowl 🤷

does anybody else try to make the ball land as close to the posts as possible while still making the extra point? 

I don't really try to make it as close as possible, but I never go full power. I definitely kick it before some groper gets all handsy (like @SuperJimtendo with my buttons) and blocks me 😄

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2020 at 1:44 PM, bertsampson said:

Tie me up, and I'll go for it.  I almost got it that game, but I only had time for one play, and they matched my call.  I may play some more.  I still think 119 is doable.

I think I'm done. I finally hit 112, but you still have me beat on the tiebreaker. Good luck if you decide to go for 119!

skinnys saturday reflections

its the end of week two in the 2020 vgs weekly contest. lots of two hand touch was played without pads. 

the rainbow kid and all his partners, unsurprisingly went to san fransisco with flowers in their hair, proudly toting strawberry drinks in hand. it was a festival if you will. two of the members from team tie die scored the most on each other. over and over they scored.

only four contestants used teams other than the fabulous 49'ets.

the fish guy used a team that must feel betrayed by the "colorado crew". even the father of the rainbow child (who has met and groveled before the mighty qb) turned his back on the mile high horses. 

ausden the whitesox fan from north carolina used the chicago bears for a good score time. and a party.

im out of thoughts.

the newly defeated kung fu former champ decided to use the ny football giants and he did ok. 

the mightest of players who got his score of 84 without throwing a single pass, using the same exact play 100% of the time and exclusively bo jackson.... put up a hell of a performance and probably would win this week considering style of play and creativity. 

the kanadian picaso who accused the goat of copy cat soon found himself replicating the worms incredible gameplay in order to MUSTAAARD! a mad watch...

lots of fun this week between contestants.

sandafloor used his phone.

where is @789bit?

where is @chairy?

where is ti-83?

where is gutsman?

where is murray? 

mike only cares about rolling the score in kung fu and flipping cookies.

ninji ensures me that guy is indeed from

smb2.

Edited by skinnygrinny
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

its the end of week two in the 2020 vgs weekly contest. lots of two hand touch was played without pads. 

the rainbow kid and all his partners, unsurprisingly went to san fransisco with flowers in their hair, proudly toting strawberry drinks in hand. it was a festival if you will. two of the members from team tie die scored the most on each other. over and over they scored.

the fish guy used a team that must feel betrayed by the "colorado crew". even the father of the rainbow child (who has met and groveled before the mighty qb) turned his back on the mile high horses. 

ausden the whitesox fan from north carolina used the chicago bears for a good score time. and a party.

im out of thoughts.

the newly defeated kung fu former champ decided to use the ny football giants and he did ok. 

the mightest of players who got his score of 84 without throwing a single pass, using the same exact play 100% of the time and exclusively bo jackson.... put up a hell of a performance and probably would win this week considering style of play and creativity. 

the kanadian picaso who accused the goat of copy cat soon found himself replicating the worms incredible gameplay in order to MUSTAAARD! a mad watch...

where is @789bit?

where is @chairy?

where is ti-83?

where is gutsman?

where is murray? 

smb2.

@Murray where ya at?

• Like 1

Way to go Skinny !! taking over the old commander santa recap role. Keep it up brother !!

Your score with the raiders is admirable, I was thinking that next time this version of tecmo bowl comes around a better contest would be the same scoring rules but have everyone use one of the bottom teir teams like minnesota or indianapolis or cleaveland to give more challenge to stop the cpu on defense and a harder time scoring on offense. I would be interested to hear what other players think about this idea??

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TWarwick07 said:

Way to go Skinny !! taking over the old commander santa recap role. Keep it up brother !!

Your score with the raiders is admirable, I was thinking that next time this version of tecmo bowl comes around a better contest would be the same scoring rules but have everyone use one of the bottom teir teams like minnesota or indianapolis or cleaveland to give more challenge to stop the cpu on defense and a harder time scoring on offense. I would be interested to hear what other players think about this idea??

thanks 🙂 @SuperJimtendo was doing it last year. i cant promise anything. 

it would be an interesting contest if everyone had to play as indy and play sf lol! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

im out of thoughts.

where is @789bit?

where is @chairy?

where is ti-83?

where is gutsman?

where is murray? 

smb2.

King2.jpg

• Haha 1