IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Tecmo Bowl

BeaIank

20 hours ago, Krunch said:

I guess you need to get interceptions?   I just cant seem to pull it off, got a few fluky ones.  Ive had enough but maybe if the leaderboard is looking thin near the end i might go for a hail mary attempt.    

Yes the key is to get quick interceptions and get back on offense. Always pick a run play on defense. If you pick a pass you have no chance at a pick if you key their play.

91 (=91-0)

IMG_20200315_125623__01.thumb.jpg.b913c8b32989b8c3d1fa529e003071a4.jpg

77 (=77-0)

I'm starting to get the hang of this. 

39 (=48-9)

This is the first game of any NES sports game I've ever played (except for the warm-up quarter to figure out the controls) and I did way better than I expected. It was more fun than I would have thought as well. 

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bertsampson said:

If you let me outright win this week, that'll negate your narrow win last week.  I won't be so nice when I take the lead.

The best I can probably do is tie. I would have had 112 already if didn't get intercepted at the end of the second quarter in my game because they matched my play as the time was running out.

Does anyone else ever sit back and think about how simple some of these games are, yet they are still so fun and entertaining?  You couldn't release a sports game today with such limited features and play selection (at least not a modern one). I love the "challenge" of out-thinking the computer with play picks (albeit insanely simple) and just making them screw up!  I've also always loved how the bodies fly when you pick the same play. The players flying through the air makes me 😄

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, bertsampson said:

If you let me outright win this week, that'll negate your narrow win last week.  I won't be so nice when I take the lead.

I think you've got me on this one. I've been trying all day and I would have tied it up except the computer matched my play 4 straight times in the fourth quarter and I turned the ball over. Are you going to go for 119 anyway?