IGNORED

The Switch Thread

I ordered a tarot deck for Tactics Ogre Reborn quite awhile back - it has a pouch and a large thick mouse type pad that has a world map on it.   It came yesterday and it is pretty neat.  Here is a video of those items (which were also part of a larger collectors edition):

2 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

That's a new one.  You should probably destroy it with a hammer.

I sure would like to.  Plays fine attached to system but as soon as you take it off it doesn’t work at all.  I don’t actually know that it’s not holding a charge.  I just don’t understand why they’re so expensive.  Ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

Hey switchies, is there a decent replacement controllers that aren’t the scammy $80 ones from Nintendo?  Barely even used the damn things.  What a piece of shit.

My kids both have the wireless pro controllers that are licensed by Nintendo with the Nintendo name and logo on the box, but are technically made by a 3rd party (I guess that makes them 2nd party controllers).  The official name is "enhanced wireless controller."  They have a similar look to the regular pro controller and charge with the same cable.  They also have lots of styles to choose from and have a few extra programable buttons that we've never bothered to try out.  They cost about $50.  Both of our controllers seem to work well, but they definitely have a different feel from real thing.  I prefer the regular pro controller even though it's more expensive.  Fortunately, I've had zero issues with mine.  

Example.  This is one of ours.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/PowerA-Enhanced-Wireless-Controller-for-Nintendo-Switch-Pok-mon-Pikachu-Vortex/537969692

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Thanks 1

So many people seem to have problems with joy-cons, i'm on my 3rd switch(upgrades to new version: regular->better battery etc->oled) and none of my joy-cons had any problems. Also use my pro controllers(regular bought on switch launch day and splatoon pro when splatoon 2 came out on switch) and the regular one seems to get it's stick stuck very rarely now(once a month for the past 2 months) but if i just move the stick firmly in all directions it works again.

It's not like i'm someone who's extremely carefull or methodically cleans everything, the splatoon pro controller literally has dust settled on it for months now that i still need to clean at some point.

Point is either i'm extremly lucky or it's simply defect bias online(as in we only see people with problems complain but the actual percentage of people with problems isn't that high).

As for the problem @Hammerfestusis having something like this https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-190120176-Switch-Joy-Con-Aufladehalterung/dp/B01N3374BH/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1GMW7HMT3CUD7&keywords=Nintendo+Joy-Con+Charging+Grip&qid=1677839940&sprefix=nintendo+joy-con+charging+grip%2Caps%2C477&sr=8-4 might work for you i guess but would be expensive just to use it to test if it's wireless connection problems or battery issues 😅.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Sweet, in.

I have never gotten anything from Fangamer that wasn't great.

You might want to give Adrian's Tale from the Eshop a try - failrly short but it was cheap on sale - for what it is it is pretty enjoyable.  Shut the sound off since it is mosly "Greensleeves" and such ilk - I assume to avoid paying much in the way of rights.

Editorials Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

I have never gotten anything from Fangamer that wasn't great.

You might want to give Adrian's Tale from the Eshop a try - failrly short but it was cheap on sale - for what it is it is pretty enjoyable.  Shut the sound off since it is mosly "Greensleeves" and such ilk - I assume to avoid paying much in the way of rights.

Unfortunately my backlog is so big at this point I have to prioritize "must play" kinds of things, and/or titles I've been meaning to get to for 20 years.  Obviously that's relative.  Maybe in 2026!

20 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Unfortunately my backlog is so big at this point I have to prioritize "must play" kinds of things, and/or titles I've been meaning to get to for 20 years.  Obviously that's relative.  Maybe in 2026!

I have a ridiculous backlog myself - but a cheap game is a cheap game. And when the new mercenaries becomes available it is going to the front of the line........

8 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Why do you bring me this amazing news?!? You torment me with waiting for this gem and adding another game to my backlog. THANKS REED!!

but seriously thanks for sharing! This is really cool to see. I actually emailed Chucklefish twice last year asking about a Wargroove 2 but they never responded. Now if only yacht club would make a shovel knight 2…