IGNORED

The Switch Thread

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Tabonga said:

This is kind of odd IMHO - it consists of  ports of three laserdisc games.

https://www.play-asia.com/taito-ld-game-collection-special-edition-limited-edition/13/70gb17

That's great. Some of these laserdisc games have never been ported to a home console or beyond a laserdisc console. 

2 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

That's great. Some of these laserdisc games have never been ported to a home console or beyond a laserdisc console. 

I thought it was odd since laseractive titles were so limited - IIRC it was less than 20 titles in the US.  I only have 4 - two of which are the JB Harold releases - I would like to see those re-released for the switch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 5:37 AM, Lago said:

People that have way more experience with the Switch library than I do, do Switch cartridges typically contain the whole game where you can play and keep playing straight out of the box or do you have to download and update most of them to be able to keep playing?

excluding the code in a box games.  I know those are download.

Every single game I've ever bought has an update available the first time I put it into the Switch. However, none of them require any updates, they'll work just as they are.

6 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Read Dead Redemption physical incoming

One of the most overrated games, in my opinion.

1)Main character is basically Joel from The Last of Us, but in a western. With less personality.
2)Oh hey, Rockstar has a morality system... which makes NO difference! Ending is set in stone despite the illusion of "choices".
3)Overworld is pretty boring. I think they aimed for a Skyrim like sense of wonder, and greatly failed.
4)Like your horse? too bad, a cougar will come and kill it in 2 seconds.
5)The story is just so surprising... if you've never watched a movie or played a game before.
6)At the end of the day, it was boring. Had potential to be amazing, but simply was not.

Anyway, just my opinion 🙂

5 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I've thought about buying the Gloomhaven board game a number of times.  People really love it.

It’s a great game but needs dedication from the people playing it because there is a bit to learn and goes for a while.

I’ve played the pc version and I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong but it seems absolutely brutal compared to the board game.

Screenshot2023-08-14122109.jpg.ae68beff35f3cf01416bdc42238c13da.jpg

https://www.play-asia.com/dodonpachi-blissful-death-reincarnation/13/70gf0p

DoDonPachi Blissful Death Re:Incarnation [Limited Edition] for Nintendo Switch (play-asia.com)

12/7 release date, Cover Art and Pre order link up @ Play Asia for M2's new Shot Triggers release DoDonPachi Blissful Death Re:Incarnation!!

Many consider this to be one of the best Cave Shmup! We heard earlier this year that this was on the way but seems close now that we have this beautiful cover art. This is DoDonPachi DaiOuJou which is the fourth arcade game in Cave's DonPachi series. DoDonPachi Resurrection on iPhone calls it DoDonPachi Blissful Death . CAVE later ported the game to iOS under this localized name.

Edited by Ampplays
  • Love 1