IGNORED

The Switch Thread

• 2 weeks later...

There is joy in Mudville - this came in the mail ten minutes ago!

https://www.strictlylimitedgames.com/products/wonder-boy-anniversary-collection-collectors-edition-nsw

---------------------------------------------

More joy in Mudville - this came in the regular mail a few minutes ago:

https://premiumeditiongames.com/products/rack-n-ruin-retro-edition?_pos=2&_sid=1158af2eb&_ss=r

Edited by Tabonga

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Every time I check the LRG site it's an entire slate of new releases.  I'm Guess ng at this point the numbered line alone is bigger than the entire Wii U library...

I haven’t updated my sheet in 2weeks or so. But last I had marked down they were on #185. Don’t remember how many games were on the WiiU

New M2 ShotTriggers release date announced July 20th 

Zero Fire - Toaplan Arcade Garage for Nintendo Switch (play-asia.com)

Excited to see this today! I was expecting to see DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou first so this was a surprise! I was hoping Truxton was next to get a physical release in the Garage series but ShotTrigger ports of Hellfire and Zero Wing plus a bonus game Demon's World which is one of their lesser-known games is awesome too. Demon's world is a pretty obscure game and cool to see some design elements from this game were used in developing the Genesis Ghostbusters game Toaplan did in that era.

1bus335k.png.eb2277895df058b771a6d95ec5e883ed.png

Edited by Ampplays
link
  • Like 1

This is available for pre-order at Xseed:

https://www.xseedgames.com/2023/03/31/xseed-unveils-limited-rune-factory-3-special-golden-memories-edition/

There is an edition without the extras available also.

-------------------------------------

This is available at Play Asia as a pre-order - this is by Rideon so is likely to be pretty good.

Edited by Tabonga
  • Love 1

People that have way more experience with the Switch library than I do, do Switch cartridges typically contain the whole game where you can play and keep playing straight out of the box or do you have to download and update most of them to be able to keep playing?

excluding the code in a box games.  I know those are download.

1 hour ago, Lago said:

People that have way more experience with the Switch library than I do, do Switch cartridges typically contain the whole game where you can play and keep playing straight out of the box or do you have to download and update most of them to be able to keep playing?

It feels like 50/50, for as many games that require zero updates, there seems to be just as many that have day-1 updates or are multiple updates behind the current patch

3 hours ago, Lago said:

A majority of them are complete on arrival.  Miami isn't wrong either, it would be maybe 50/50 for those that run perfect out of the box.  Somewhere in the middle of the other 50 lies where a game came out and worked fine, but had quality of life fixes or stupid missed bugs say like Bloodstained.  Bloodstained out of the box isn't the prettiest, and if it gets hectic can go under smooth frames, but over a few months they upgraded it and made it as pretty (at same resolution) and stable as the console/pc release.

Then you have the other say 20% where tight fisted cheapskates on one side, and control freaks on the other put only part of a game or some games but not all games on a card into the card.  For instance you have Rockstar with LA Noire and Wolfenstein 2, they gave you part of the game on a card, then made the rest a download just so it would work just to be control freaks and cheap about it.  Or you'd have Capcom with those quite small Megaman legacy and resident evil collections where 1+2 were put together and they'd give you 1, and 2 was a download, yet all would have fit in a cheap small sized chip so they were trying to release at cheap of a cost as possible.  Activision did this too with the Spyro Trilogy 1 is on the card 2+3 are downloads.

You also have some case of games so atrociously broken that you need updates to make them functional as the box so called claimed them to be like a couple of 2K's WWE releases that are unplayable messes without the patches.

49 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Then you have the other say 20% where tight fisted cheapskates on one side, and control freaks on the other put only part of a game or some games but not all games on a card into the card.  For instance you have Rockstar with LA Noire and Wolfenstein 2, they gave you part of the game on a card, then made the rest a download just so it would work just to be control freaks and cheap about it.  Or you'd have Capcom with those quite small Megaman legacy and resident evil collections where 1+2 were put together and they'd give you 1, and 2 was a download, yet all would have fit in a cheap small sized chip so they were trying to release at cheap of a cost as possible.  Activision did this too with the Spyro Trilogy 1 is on the card 2+3 are downloads.

I have to push back a little on this. Specifically how Im interpreting “20%” having only partial game on the card. Though I agree on the cheapskate comments. 

Out of the 1500ish games released here so far, theres only like 2 dozen that are partial game on card/requires a download. They’re all marked on the box so they’re easy to spot

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

1 minute ago, MiamiSlice said:

I have not had to wait long for Premium Edition Games releases. I'm located in the USA for reference. 

I think I had to wait 8 months for Rack and Ruin - which is perhaps somewhat better than LRG or Strictly Limited.

I still like Super Rare Games on this count

On 4/13/2023 at 6:14 PM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I haven’t updated my sheet in 2weeks or so. But last I had marked down they were on #185. Don’t remember how many games were on the WiiU

Switch release is up to 185. PS4 is 505. PS5 is 58. They stopped producing VITA games  a long time ago, although I believe they were up to 248. They have had some 6 xbox releases (*snicker*). Their Gameboy, NES, etc. releases are unnumbered. So nominally, about 1000 games released.

Personally, I think this tremendous amount of games released shows the power of physical releases. Also, it's made LRG fairly wealthy, and I'm fine with that. I'm happy to continue to support physical releases 🙂

Screenshot-from-2023-04-19-19-58-03.png

On 4/19/2023 at 7:59 PM, avatar! said:

Switch release is up to 185. PS4 is 505. PS5 is 58. They stopped producing VITA games  a long time ago, although I believe they were up to 248. They have had some 6 xbox releases (*snicker*). Their Gameboy, NES, etc. releases are unnumbered. So nominally, about 1000 games released.

Personally, I think this tremendous amount of games released shows the power of physical releases. Also, it's made LRG fairly wealthy, and I'm fine with that. I'm happy to continue to support physical releases 🙂

Screenshot-from-2023-04-19-19-58-03.png

PS4, PS3 and Vita share the release numbers lineage.  1-509 is mixed of the 3. There is about 100 +\- vita games, 2 PS3 and the rest PS4

Switch, PS5 and Xbox have there own separate numbers 

• Thanks 1