IGNORED

The Switch Thread

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

You're a big JRPG guy.  Seems like Live-a-Live and Xenoblade would be right in your wheelhouse.

That is true. 🤔

But they are a pass just because I want to focus on my physical Switch goals before I make a final decision.

And yes... If I am in the mood, there will be an unboxing when it comes to one of my recent acquisitions. 😁

8 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

I think it's only free with the larger membership, which I haven't upgraded to yet, but I plan to.  The only reason I was waiting was because I wasn't able to grab a N64 Switch controller the first time around.  They said the restock would happen sometime in 22, but I haven't heard anything yet this year.

Yeah, I managed to get one of those controllers.  My wife never knows what to get me for Christmas and she saw me get excited and then went and nabbed one off of eBay.

Not how I expected to get one, but I've been meaning to bump my tier, but I've been busy.  This might make it worth it to do today, or this weekend.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

You're a big JRPG guy.  Seems like Live-a-Live and Xenoblade would be right in your wheelhouse.

Live-A-Live was a real shocker for me and I was pumped to hear about Front Mission 1 and 2 getting a remake.

Xenoblade 3 looked interesting.  I kind of wished I enjoyed XB2, but I didn't.

Oh, and Metroid "Rookie mode".  Better known as "You're getting to be an old fart and keep shoving this game off, so now there's no excuse" mode.  I'll likely be playing Dread tonight although I think the real reason I put it down and haven't touched it in a while is that I can't figure out where to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RH said:

Xenoblade 3 looked interesting.  I kind of wished I enjoyed XB2, but I didn't.

XB2 is probably my favorite Switch game. Obsessed. 

Have you tried XB1? I feel like people either prefer 1 or 2. 1 is very good. And Torna is its own game, I've heard some people say Torna's battle system is better than 2, but I haven't played Torna yet. 

XB3 preview doesn't tell us anything about gameplay. It's just cool characters, big landscapes, something about flutes. 

But for me I am extremely hyped and now motivated to finish the other games in the series. 

Edited by MiamiSlice

1 hour ago, drxandy said:

I want the us to get physical copies of live a live, dang it!

I guess we will have to hope for an Asian English release? At best?

I'm still salty that there's no Cuphead physical. Seems like a missed opportunity. 

1 hour ago, drxandy said:

Also need to know if/that there's a Xenoblade 3 collectors edition coming out that will maybe if we lucky be the same size as the last two? 

There better be! I will be very disappointed if I can't have 1 2 3 stacked nicely side by side. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

I guess we will have to hope for an Asian English release? At best?

I'm still salty that there's no Cuphead physical. Seems like a missed opportunity. 

There better be! I will be very disappointed if I can't have 1 2 3 stacked nicely side by side. 

I'm hoping for the Cuphead physical after the dlc comes out, but considering how it's gone so far I'm not holding my breath. Guessing a year after the dlc comes out so they can get people to double dip.

4 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

They seem like they're just blanketing for preorders without specifics, no sku for the special edition Xenoblade on bb and no other retailer has a preorder yet? Idk

Editorials Team · Posted
25 minutes ago, drxandy said:

They seem like they're just blanketing for preorders without specifics, no sku for the special edition Xenoblade on bb and no other retailer has a preorder yet? Idk

I think Square has done physicals for all games other than the Saga collection, right?  Safe bet it gets one.  And all of the games using this new graphic engine got a big US release.  I think we're covered one way or another.

• Like 2

Square has done physical for everything, if you could the asia-english region, but if you leave there it's hit and miss.  FF10-2 and FF12ZA got a US release on card, but the FF7-9 games didn't.  I Am Setsuna didn't, but the follow up game did in limited figures through their website only.   Various others from the FF franchise/spinoffs like Maxima, World Of... they were digital in this region only, physical in asia-english spaces.  They're more into hosing the english market with rental releases, so you have to go through playasia and yesasia to get the goods.

Live a Live and Chrono Cross/RD I'd buy them, but not as digital, especially on a closed platform, so that would end up being worst case scenario a Steam buy.

On 2/14/2022 at 6:08 AM, MiamiSlice said:

Sigh 

25B939C3-62B9-4794-94E3-54D3D4CDD276.thumb.jpeg.a2fe914d14db9e3aec58f6ee30744c0e.jpeg

I managed to look up the situation. The game currently has no release date, and Amazon did everything wrong by jumping the gun with their preorders. 😩

If it was me running the business, I would have apologized for not giving you one that arrived in a partially smashed box. With an added apology being tied to the fact your replacement was securely packed just because the warehouse packed it with the tube of socks you later ordered.

• Haha 1

EDIT: Retracted statement. I was reminded that e-retailers like BBTS are known to do this. With their target buyers being those who do not have access to stores like LRG. I still find the practice to be more annoying (even when compared to my 2/16 scenario), but had to take the bait when it came to a few past purchases. 😑

Edited by FenrirZero