IGNORED

The Switch Thread

Guys this just got REAL: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/04/office-create-issues-statement-regarding-unauthorized-release-of-cooking-mama-cookstar

Office Create sued Planet Ent. for breach of contract. The PS4 version that is supposed to be available for sale soon isn't even authorized by them. We got a real legal fracas on our hands here!

Administrator · Posted
12 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Guys this just got REAL: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/04/office-create-issues-statement-regarding-unauthorized-release-of-cooking-mama-cookstar

Office Create sued Planet Ent. for breach of contract. The PS4 version that is supposed to be available for sale soon isn't even authorized by them. We got a real legal fracas on our hands here!

Goooooddaaaaammmmnnnn.

6 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

The hype is real everyone BUY COOKING MAMA!!!!!!!

It’s actually kinda weird since I’ve had an FB account. Opened A “fake” one up for gaming groups and marketplace, and I must say that the news on FB always hits several days before it reaches here. This Cooking Mama thing has already gone through allllll the motions, this legal thing was known about a week ago, the controversy peaked, crested, became tiresome, and now people call for bans for people still talking about Cooking Mama lol. I’ve always rolled my eyes at Facebook because who the hell wants to watch their random grade 9 classmates’ kids grow up, but man is it ever up to the minute on the news.

Cooking mama was dropped from the devs website, then they put it back up and tried to scalp their own product for $59 instead of the original $39, they faced intense fan backlash, and now it’s back up available for that original $39 again. It’s still available at shop.cookingmamacookstar.com now. But all that rollercoaster happened and news of the legal thing is just breaking here. I’m almost mad at myself for spoiling the rest, it would be interesting to see if the rest of the news on it slowly rolled out on tape delay 😁

22 minutes ago, Quaze said:

It’s actually kinda weird since I’ve had an FB account. Opened A “fake” one up for gaming groups and marketplace, and I must say that the news on FB always hits several days before it reaches here. This Cooking Mama thing has already gone through allllll the motions, this legal thing was known about a week ago, the controversy peaked, crested, became tiresome, and now people call for bans for people still talking about Cooking Mama lol. I’ve always rolled my eyes at Facebook because who the hell wants to watch their random grade 9 classmates’ kids grow up, but man is it ever up to the minute on the news.

Cooking mama was dropped from the devs website, then they put it back up and tried to scalp their own product for $59 instead of the original $39, they faced intense fan backlash, and now it’s back up available for that original $39 again. It’s still available at shop.cookingmamacookstar.com now. But all that rollercoaster happened and news of the legal thing is just breaking here. I’m almost mad at myself for spoiling the rest, it would be interesting to see if the rest of the news on it slowly rolled out on tape delay 😁

Ive never had a facebook, or any other social media. Only NA and now VGA. So if your getting this news days early keep the cavemen like me updated on here! 😂

31 minutes ago, Quaze said:

It’s actually kinda weird since I’ve had an FB account. Opened A “fake” one up for gaming groups and marketplace, and I must say that the news on FB always hits several days before it reaches here.

Scroll up? We’ve been talking about this. I’m also in FB groups and Reddit subs so I know what you mean but... yeah.

47 minutes ago, Quaze said:

It’s actually kinda weird since I’ve had an FB account. Opened A “fake” one up for gaming groups and marketplace, and I must say that the news on FB always hits several days before it reaches here.

I kinda know what you are talking about.  I remember when the Poop Slinger fiasco was all the range on the Facebook gaming pages.  That's all anyone talked about for weeks. 

After it finally died down, it came to NA and someone asked what it was all about.  I tried to answer, but by that point, I was too sick of hearing about it to talk about it again.  

People are struggling to find Switches locally and apparently it's becoming issues elsewhere with no stock on regular switches. Saw an article that it may take until June for stock to be back. Maybe old news but they're beginning to go for good money on Kijiji. 

Edited by Andy_Bogomil

2 hours ago, Skorp said:

Was shocked to find this almost sold out with 1% left. Get it while you can for those going for a full SRG set. https://superraregames.com/products/collectors-edition-srg-30-the-sexy-brutale-switch

I actually did the club thing this year and I was surprised to see that it was already at 65% when I logged in Tuesday to purchase it.

9 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

I actually did the club thing this year and I was surprised to see that it was already at 65% when I logged in Tuesday to purchase it.

I think it goes to show that there's a dedicated fanbase that dutifully purchases each release (who are probably fullset collectors or full-SRG-set-collectors) and beyond that there isn't much demand for these games. A certain chunk gets bought up immediately and then the rest sits there unsold for weeks. Last I checked days ago Steamworld Quest was at 1% and it's still at 1%. 

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

I think it goes to show that there's a dedicated fanbase that dutifully purchases each release (who are probably fullset collectors or full-SRG-set-collectors) and beyond that there isn't much demand for these games. A certain chunk gets bought up immediately and then the rest sits there unsold for weeks. Last I checked days ago Steamworld Quest was at 1% and it's still at 1%. 

I don't know that I would quite agree with you. There's 4 games still in stock plus a CE other than this release. I think they way overestimated the following for Gardens Between, but the standard edition sold out. That means they have sold out 25 releases. You can't tell me that there are 4-5000 set collectors out there. There is definitely demand for these games. There are other limited publishers you could definitely say that about, though. Super Rare definitely has a following, but it's not enough to sell out based on brand loyalty alone, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Fleck586 said:

I don't know that I would quite agree with you. There's 4 games still in stock plus a CE other than this release. I think they way overestimated the following for Gardens Between, but the standard edition sold out. That means they have sold out 25 releases. You can't tell me that there are 4-5000 set collectors out there. There is definitely demand for these games. There are other limited publishers you could definitely say that about, though. Super Rare definitely has a following, but it's not enough to sell out based on brand loyalty alone, in my opinion.

I actually would NOT be surprised if there were 4-5k full set collectors. That's only 0.01% of the install base. Maybe 0.05% at the highest given how many collectors buy multiple systems. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if videogames are among the most collected items in the world right now.

Edited by DoctorEncore

14 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I actually would NOT be surprised if there were 4-5k full set collectors. That's only 0.01% of the install base. Maybe 0.05% at the highest given how many collectors buy multiple systems. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if videogames are among the most collected items in the world right now.

I would be VERY surprised.  Think about it.  There are so many games that have not sold out with that minimum print run.  the minimum print run in Europe is only 3000 copies and there are several that have had that print run on games that have been sitting for months without selling out.  Wouldn't 5000 full set collectors have gobbled that up by now?  I do agree that video games are one of the most popular collectibles today and there are way more of us than even 5 years ago.  I just don't think the evidence supports there being that many.  Now the real question is how could I have written that paragraph without using the term "print run" so much?  LOL

• Like 1

Just now, Fleck586 said:

I would be VERY surprised.  Think about it.  There are so many games that have not sold out with that minimum print run.  the minimum print run in Europe is only 3000 copies and there are several that have had that print run on games that have been sitting for months without selling out.  Wouldn't 5000 full set collectors have gobbled that up by now?  I do agree that video games are one of the most popular collectibles today and there are way more of us than even 5 years ago.  I just don't think the evidence supports there being that many.  Now the real question is how could I have written that paragraph without using the term "print run" so much?  LOL

Hahaha. Think of it as a mental exercise in vocabulary expansion.

You're probably right, but I wouldn't be suprised if there truly were more than 1,000 full set chasers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DoctorEncore said:

Hahaha. Think of it as a mental exercise in vocabulary expansion.

You're probably right, but I wouldn't be suprised if there truly were more than 1,000 full set chasers.

I think you are right for sure. Pure anal extraction, but I think that number is somewhere between 1-2000. That seems to be how many copies sell right away. Then the rest wait for demand to catch up from players and casual collectors. 

• Like 1