IGNORED

The Switch Thread

On 4/17/2020 at 10:33 AM, Fleck586 said:

I think you are right for sure. Pure anal extraction, but I think that number is somewhere between 1-2000. That seems to be how many copies sell right away. Then the rest wait for demand to catch up from players and casual collectors. 

A majority of the set collectors I Have ran into are strictly North American collectors even though the switch is region free. No different than there are more NA NES collectors than PAL. I collect switch stuff 1 year in the rear to capitalize on price drops. I couldn’t image being a day one collector.

Well my Switch has turned into the daily Animal Crossing machine basically.

It's not that I don't want to do other stuff, but I find I'm enjoying digitally getting out int hat game and doing the dailies and when the mood/time hits added stuff just far more fun.

I really should get back to Pokemon Shield as I played it up to the doorstep of a first town beyond that first wild area and never went back as it was overwhelming as it felt like it derailed theg ame for me.  Then I've got at least 1/2 my stuff entirely unfinished by anywhere from a bit to a big fat distance and things I enjoyed like DQ11S.  I think I fear swapping out as I won't maybe go back, dedication break or something.

• Like 1

I’m in the same boat. I have so much I want to do in Animal Crossing that it ends up being the only game I play. I just got the strategy guide for Pokemon Sword Shield so I can eventually go back and complete it, plus I still want to go back to BotW and finish that too. But AC is hard to put down!

• Like 2

I already own them on Japanese physical releases, but Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Bundle, Okami HD, and Onimusha Warlords are currently on sale on the eshop.

I think that DMC and RE4 are on sale too, but RE4 is still $20 and not the Wii version. That’s a hard pass for me.

I wish there was a patch to fix the RE 0 & 1 load times. I’d buy the Origins collection if that happened.

So we've now past the 550 game mark for North America so I'm going to repost the link to the list in case anyone has missed it before/maybe new here. I think I'll repost it every 50 games or 6 months or so just so everyone has an up to date list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18UCeKB0rLMvko4ZJjxm665hbqjpoD-7bxjX0i7OkKyU/edit?usp=sharing

This one should be comment-able also. 

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Californication said:

Damn, I like that cover. I am pretty sure I will order the Amazon one and resell my LRG version.

I am in the same boat. Standard cover is way better. 

I feel this way with most LRG releases that get Best Buy retail versions actually. There's a few exceptions like Battle Chef Brigade where the Best Buy version is clearly worse, but like with Golf Story I much preferred the Best Buy cover. 

16 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Iam8bit just put up Creature in he Well for pre-order. 2,000 print run.

Looks very cool but one of the reviews said it's much better to play with a mouse than a Switch controller so that has me on the fence 😞

16 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Their past releases have gotten wider retail distribution except for Gone Home *I think*. So take that for what you will

Correct, Gorogoa, Donut County, and Sayonara Wild Hearts are all available from Best Buy right now. 

2000 for the “Limited version”. A standard version will probably be available at Best Buy and Videogamesplus.ca later on (like the last 3 games they released).

BTW, the minimum order quantity (MOQ)for Nintendo ESRB Switch carts is 5,000.  In Europe/PEGI, the MOQ is 3,000. 

One of the newest limited print companies for Switch, Physicality Games has decided to change up their sales model. They probably were not going to reach their goals otherwise...still might not. But here is the link

https://physicalitygames.com/pages/site-updates

The one thing I wish every other limited company would do is the money down but not all up front model. That definitely seems like a positive.

8 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

One of the newest limited print companies for Switch, Physicality Games has decided to change up their sales model. They probably were not going to reach their goals otherwise...still might not. But here is the link

https://physicalitygames.com/pages/site-updates

The one thing I wish every other limited company would do is the money down but not all up front model. That definitely seems like a positive.

Actually, Physicality is not limited. Once they are printed/release, they'll keep selling them.

• Thanks 1