IGNORED

The Switch Thread

32 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

You can get Tears of the Kingdom for $40 on QVC right now if your a new shopper. They have a sale on the game + cart carrying case for $60 and you get a $20 off coupon for first time buyer. They have a handful of other games it would work on too. Ive been waiting to pick up this game for cheapish and this was a good enough discount for me

40FDF6EF-EA13-4BCB-9635-842F62FA6B21.png

Not Switch related but I was able to score Spiderman 2 for PS5 for $20 off as well. It haven’t seen Black Friday pricing on it at all so this was the best I could find. Thanks!

2 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

You can get Tears of the Kingdom for $40 on QVC right now if your a new shopper. They have a sale on the game + cart carrying case for $60 and you get a $20 off coupon for first time buyer. They have a handful of other games it would work on too. Ive been waiting to pick up this game for cheapish and this was a good enough discount for me

40FDF6EF-EA13-4BCB-9635-842F62FA6B21.png

Thanks - I snagged Pikmin 1/2 for $30.

• Like 1

Speaking of Tears of the Kingdom, I went to amazon the other day and they had the Collector's Edition for sale for $75, from their warehouse. The description said --

Condition: Used - Like New - Looks and functions as if it were new. Item will come in original packaging.

I thought "okay, lets' give it a go". I got the big collector's edition, and everything was brand spankin' new! The only thing that was "opened" was the top seal in the collector's box was unsealed. I suspect it may have just torn and so amazon had to sell it as used, but basically I got a brand new copy for $75 delivered! So, anyone looking to snag a copy at a good price, you could try your luck with a used copy sold directly from amazon, worked for me 🙂

This was a pleasant surprise - I got a copy of Super Mario 3D All Stars from Goodwill Books in the mail today.  The Goodwill store vendors typically put either "Acceptable" or "Good" on pretty much everything for the condition description.   This is sealed (it was listed as "Acceptable").

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1700 games mark surpassed

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18UCeKB0rLMvko4ZJjxm665hbqjpoD-7bxjX0i7OkKyU/edit

I’ve noticed there is a VERY distinct difference in the release schedule in December/January this year. It’s very lite. Possibly signs most studios have moved to developing for the next console

• Wow! 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

1700 games mark surpassed

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18UCeKB0rLMvko4ZJjxm665hbqjpoD-7bxjX0i7OkKyU/edit

I’ve noticed there is a VERY distinct difference in the release schedule in December/January this year. It’s very lite. Possibly signs most studios have moved to developing for the next console

This has been their largest year of releases..... 384 physical releases actually shipped. (there are still over 100 in the pre-order stage from Big Box retailers and Limited Prints) 

Edited by O.G. CIB

24 minutes ago, O.G. CIB said:

This has been their largest year of releases..... 384 physical releases actually shipped. (there are still over 100 in the pre-order stage from Big Box retailers and Limited Prints) 

I was talking specifically about December and  upcoming January. I could be wrong but I remember having to add/keep an eye on way more games in this two month period in year’s previous 

14 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I was talking specifically about December and  upcoming January. I could be wrong but I remember having to add/keep an eye on way more games in this two month period in year’s previous 

I know what you meant..... there has been no major slow down in those months from my data. Historically Dec/Jan has always been slow months for new releases. The switch will pass 2000 NA releases next year. 

16 hours ago, O.G. CIB said:

I know what you meant..... there has been no major slow down in those months from my data. Historically Dec/Jan has always been slow months for new releases. The switch will pass 2000 NA releases next year. 

Alright I guess my perception/memory was just off

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

Editorials Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

The Post Office just delivered the Annapurna Limited Collection from Iam8bit.  Life is good!

Just got mine as well.  Just in time to contemplate if Kentucky Route Zero is the game I'm gonna kick off the 2024 backlog with.

2 hours ago, drxandy said:

Anyone got a list of the big box Nintendo published (or not, can't be too picky) special editions? Looking to fill out the bookshelf but having a hard time finding info googlin'.

The size of the xenoblades, three houses, tears of the kingdom se, ya know

I would like to have a complete list myself. I will add that both the Switch Fire Emblems came in special editions.

• Like 1

To the Switch owners, any recommendations on fun local multiplayer (with kids) games to download?  Like $5-$10 range or so?

Already have all of the AAA Mario / etc stuff but figured I'd ask on the cheap indie stuff.  We did Untitled Goose Game, Uncooked 2 and other odd ones but I know some people in here have to have favorites.

1 hour ago, jonebone said:

To the Switch owners, any recommendations on fun local multiplayer (with kids) games to download?  Like $5-$10 range or so?

Already have all of the AAA Mario / etc stuff but figured I'd ask on the cheap indie stuff.  We did Untitled Goose Game, Uncooked 2 and other odd ones but I know some people in here have to have favorites.

My kids are CRAZY about Ultimate Chicken Horse at the moment. I played a few rounds with them myself, and yeah it's pretty fun, so I'd definitely recommend giving that a go!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonebone said:

I enjoyed playing Squish with my kids

I also recommend Very Very Valet