IGNORED

The Switch Thread

Editorials Team · Posted
5 hours ago, jonebone said:

To the Switch owners, any recommendations on fun local multiplayer (with kids) games to download?  Like $5-$10 range or so?

Already have all of the AAA Mario / etc stuff but figured I'd ask on the cheap indie stuff.  We did Untitled Goose Game, Uncooked 2 and other odd ones but I know some people in here have to have favorites.

My kids absolutely love Jamestown+.  It's a shmup, which isn't normally a first choice for this type of thing.  But it has 4 player couch co-op, many different difficulty settings, a very generous respawn system which means as long as dad is doing great you can power through the more difficult levels while they still feel involved.  And there's bonus levels, bonus challenges, the gauntlet, etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2023 at 9:42 AM, MiamiSlice said:

I enjoyed playing Squish with my kids

I also recommend Very Very Valet 

Went with this recommendation and I must say it has been a heck of a game so far, great for couch co-op with wife and kids.  Its fast paced team play, controls aren't quite as tight as you'd like but it's a party game that doesn't need to be taken to seriously.  Thanks for that!

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

The most excellent RPG "Sea of Stars" is available for a physical pre-order at Iam8bit.

https://seaofstars.iam8bit.com/us/

Already ordered, and I took advantage of the $5 coupon being offered for signing up via text. 

A friend of mine did the music for this game so I was always going to order it as soon as it went up for sale in the West 🙂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Already ordered, and I took advantage of the $5 coupon being offered for signing up via text. 

A friend of mine did the music for this game so I was always going to order it as soon as it went up for sale in the West 🙂

There is also going to be an exclusive kickstarter edition  for backers at a certain level - I just got an email that they are redoing that edition in light of the success of the game - I should get it before the Iam8bit ones ship.  The kickstarter edition is being made by LRG.  

(I also should have a tombstone with my name on it in the crypt.  I will have to go look for it.)

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 4:13 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Very cool! So your friend is the composer?

21 hours ago, avatar! said:

Very cool! So your friend is the composer?

Yeah Eric Brown / Rainbowdragoneyes is a Facebook friend of mine. I know him from when I used to be active in the chip music scene. I know some other video game composers that way too. We don’t really stay in touch because I’m not active in that anymore but I get to see all the cool stuff they are working on (when the Facebook algorithm allows it).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Another mystery (sorta) solved at Playasia.

I did not know this - but playasia has a favorites and a wish list.  I haven't figured out how to add to the wish list but the favorites you can add to by clicking on the heart symbol (below the coin balance symbol to the right of the item description).  You can access the favorites (and wish if you can figure it out) via the first screen of the shopping cart (makes no sense to me for it to be there but whatever).

Particularly useful since a lot of times I see stuff that for various reasons I am not ready to order. And I often forget about unless I scroll through all 16 pages or so of the pre-order list.

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Just downloaded this cute looking game from the eShop for $1.95.

The guy doing the review has a slight UWU Kawaii to his speech - he pronounces "th" a "d" and "r" as "w" a lot.

"Da primawy way you twaverse is in yo bawwel". (slight exaggeration for effect)

Not enough that I think he's putting on an act, but enough that I feel English might not be his first language. Which is fine of course, but really caught me off guard.

2 hours ago, Gloves said:

The guy doing the review has a slight UWU Kawaii to his speech - he pronounces "th" a "d" and "r" as "w" a lot.

"Da primawy way you twaverse is in yo bawwel". (slight exaggeration for effect)

Not enough that I think he's putting on an act, but enough that I feel English might not be his first language. Which is fine of course, but really caught me off guard.

But, it will never live up to this legend --

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Papetura’s physical release has been canceled, if anyone had preordered that and not heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/LimitedPrintGames/s/LEK4luhXCr

Woof…. Well it was priced so cheap it was too good to be true. This is why kickstarters or the like struggle. Pre-Ordering anything from an unknown company is such a gamble 

Edited by O.G. CIB