IGNORED

What's for dinner, what did you cook?

fcgamer

27 minutes ago, drxandy said:

This page is starting off hawwwt, oof these all look so good. I ate a cup coffee so nothing to contribute other than drooling.

@Aguy that light batter on the poblano looks soooo good for a relleno

Yeah, we're not fans of the "omlete wrapped around a chile" style relleno you find in some places.

I had prepped a rice, beans, chorizo, and corn mixture for lunches, but we just cheated and used it for the filling while adding some chick'n. Which reminds me, I'm all out of lunches now...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

I'm quite curious to try this. What's the best way for making it, while minimalising the chances of illness?

Pretty simple to be honest, simply make sure your beef is fresh tartare quality, you can use beef top round which is a surprisingly cheap cut here in Canada. For a 2 person meal id say 400-450grams is more than enough.

Add one egg yellow, lemon juice 30ml, dijon mustard 30ml, whole grain mustard 15ml,olive oil 15ml,  capers and or pickles, chive and some italian parsley, a french ognon, a little samba oelek 20ml to give it some spice, salt and pepper, thats about it i think

C8E04E29-1B80-4CF9-BF10-E4B214B618AE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

I cooked Fritos and spicy bean dip.

Fancy name brand even!

@Richardhead try cutting em length wise and spoon out of the seeds before cutting into cookable chunks. I think they're way better (especially zucchini) without them. I also like squash a little more on the al dente side, I hate when it turns to mush.

Unless it's like acorn squash, that's delish like a baked sweet potato texture.

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last night I just used a seasoning mix of spicy Sichuan -style sauce and tossed it over pasta. Definitely not picture-worthy, but was cheap, quick, and easy.

Have an idea for tonight's dinner, though it's not even 9 AM here, let's see if I remember it by evening.

• Haha 1