IGNORED

What's for dinner, what did you cook?

fcgamer

• 1 month later...

I fired up my spiffy '70s yellow Weber charcoal grill and will be tossing on some hamburgers with Havarti cheese in a bit.   If you haven't tried Havarti for cheeseburgers it is pretty amazing.

DSCF9519.jpg.aa3f9cea63e24634bd4eccdb79ff6cb4.jpg

This one isn't mine - just a pic I pulled off the web.  This one is in a bit better shaper than mine.  It turns orangish once it heats up,  It is a 18" grill - so I can fit 10 hamburgers  on at once.

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 4
  • Wow! 1

Wow, all these foods look amazing! Getting hungry myself, luckily I ended up with a delicious dinner tonight thanks to some of my students. It's quite traditional Taiwanese, so I'll share pictures later 😉

Last night I made a curry pizza, as I had some curry to use up, and didn't feel like accompanying it with rice. It turned out amazing. 

I talked to my Yorkshire friend about it on the way to lunch today, apparently it's a quite common thing for people in his country.

IMG20200622190813.jpg

IMG20200622192147.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Link said:

stuffed peppers 

rice is made with onion, tomato, vegetable broth (no sugar!), cumin, and salt

58D4E45C-9C4E-4FF6-9CEE-0BE631A6748D.jpeg

Can never go wrong with stuffed peppers.

Although my family always bakes them (I guess you did too?), Did you know some people actually boil stuffed peppers? Never tried it that way myself though.

Events Helper · Posted
5 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Although my family always bakes them (I guess you did too?), Did you know some people actually boil stuffed peppers? Never tried it that way myself though.

wife makes stuffed pepper soup.  it's pretty good.  of course we use beef in ours as well as stuffed peppers.  always bake them, never had boiled and doesn't sound too appetizing that way imo.  lol

9 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I did bake them after stuffing them. I skipped the step of blanching the peppers for three minutes before adding the filling. Is that what you mean by boiling? Or do people boil them after filling? I don’t even know how that would work.

30 minutes ago, Link said:

I did bake them after stuffing them. I skipped the step of blanching the peppers for three minutes before adding the filling. Is that what you mean by boiling? Or do people boil them after filling? I don’t even know how that would work.

I have a friend who boils them to cook them, he said it's how his mother also does it, who got it from her (Serbian) mom.

Edit: I never heard of doing it this way, I'll try to ask him if he can make stuffed peppers next time I go to his house for dinner, then I can report back .

Edited by fcgamer

• 2 weeks later...