IGNORED

What's for dinner, what did you cook?

fcgamer

Threw together a pizza tonight from scratch. Used up some leftover ricotta cheese I had made. Also whipped together a batch of my homemade pizza sauce, and had prepared my own dough this time too.

The only problem was I enjoyed this so much, wish I had a second one, lol.

IMG20201027180940.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/26/2020 at 6:13 PM, Richardhead said:

Cold AF! Made some soup. Taco soup.

It just started to get chili here at night in San Diego, so we got some french onion soup tonight. Vegan cheese isn't the best for broiling, makes it look like shiny plastic but it still tastes yum all mixed in.

IMG_20201025_181959471.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Aguy said:

It just started to get chili here at night in San Diego, so we got some french onion soup tonight. Vegan cheese isn't the best for broiling, makes it look like shiny plastic but it still tastes yum all mixed in.

IMG_20201025_181959471.jpg

I used coconut cream in my taco soup to give it some creaminess. What kind of vegan cheese did you use? 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, drxandy said:

Violife is prob the best I've tried of the fake cheese brands, they actually melt and have a gooeyness. Y'all have any other good brands? I hate the flavor of daiya

Violife Parmesan and the Chao Creamy Original are my favorites and I could eat them both by themselves. The Parm is good as it replicates a hard cheese very well for pastas and breads. The Chao is the only cheese I've had that doesn't say what it's trying to emulate, and I think that helps. To me, it tastes like a smoked Gouda and it's good for cheeseburgers and great for grilled cheese. The only other thing we use cheese for is the odd pizza or calzone, which we'll use Follow Your Heart shredded mozzarella.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 9:06 AM, Scrobins said:

My girlfriend has some dietary restrictions that can be hard to accommodate, but for Valentine’s Day I made us gluten/dairy/soy free penne with chili lime sauce and chocolate cheesecake. She was very happy.

79ECA4FD-9A8B-4A04-8830-08A3A140D16D.jpeg

72D5A0F8-BA43-4CA7-B9BA-5261A4369BF5.jpeg

Not sure how I missed this. Looks delicious. Do you use coconut cream as a dairy substitute in that pasta? 

Moderator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Not sure how I missed this. Looks delicious. Do you use coconut cream as a dairy substitute in that pasta? 

I used the vegan butter my grocery store had (earth balance):

https://flippindelicious.com/2015/01/buttery-chile-lime-pasta-gluten-free-dairy-free-soy-free-vegetarian.html

• Like 1