IGNORED

What's for dinner, what did you cook?

fcgamer

Events Team · Posted
12 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Imma have to try this someday, never had it!

There used to be a Bruxie restaurant in Denver that did bombass fried chicken and waffles sandwiches.  Holy shit they were good.  Place only lasted about a year.  While my paltry imitation is pretty tasty, it's got nothing on Bruxie.  I think there's still a couple in Cali and one in Vegas.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Homemade salmon fish sticks. With a nice light dipping sauce.

2D260C25-05C3-49FF-A647-0BDA4A26E13A.jpeg

What kind of batter did you use?  I have a bunch of cod that just came out of the freezer (from much earlier in the pandemic) and I need some ideas on what to do with it to elevate it a little more than basic fish and chips.

On another note -- asparagus has been GREAT this past year.  I have seen more of that stuff around than ever before, and I think it has generally tasted better, too.  Same for zucchini that we've roasted.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

What kind of batter did you use?  I have a bunch of cod that just came out of the freezer (from much earlier in the pandemic) and I need some ideas on what to do with it to elevate it a little more than basic fish and chips.

I have heard that fresh caught fish is great.  Plus you get the thrill of the hunt.

Or if you wanted to expand your international culinary repertoire you could convert your cod to lutefisk:

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

On another note -- asparagus has been GREAT this past year.  I have seen more of that stuff around than ever before, and I think it has generally tasted better, too.  Same for zucchini that we've roasted.

For the batter I used almond flower, dipped it in egg then covered it in kettle potato chips. So kind of like fish and chips actually😂

I used my instant pot air fryer attachment to cook them while I cooked the veggies. They were really good. 
I made too much because someone was supposed to come over for dinner, but the weather got kind of nasty. Gonna find out how it all reheats for lunch today. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

For the batter I used almond flower, dipped it in egg then covered it in kettle potato chips. So kind of like fish and chips actually😂

I used my instant pot air fryer attachment to cook them while I cooked the veggies. They were really good. 
I made too much because someone was supposed to come over for dinner, but the weather got kind of nasty. Gonna find out how it all reheats for lunch today. 

Yeah sorry I couldn't make it, I'll be around next time. 😄

• Wow! 1

12 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Maybe next time I’ll batter them in chicken feet Doritos😜

I swear, I'll send them out this week! I've got some other goodies for you guys too which I'm gonna throw in.

This hot weather though, it just makes me so lazy as of late. 

IMG20210421015344.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I decided to attempt to make some Skyline chili, with a special thanks going out to @FireHazard51.

I'm not sure if I made it in proper fashion for a three way, but no matter what the case, this was really good.

Good thing I've been working out five days a week this past month and a half, otherwise my clothes might not fit after this!

IMG20210430193525.jpg

• Wow! 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Social Team · Posted
5 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I decided to attempt to make some Skyline chili, with a special thanks going out to @FireHazard51.

I'm not sure if I made it in proper fashion for a three way, but no matter what the case, this was really good.

Good thing I've been working out five days a week this past month and a half, otherwise my clothes might not fit after this!

IMG20210430193525.jpg

If your picture is just cheese then the proportions are right.  The cheese looks like yellow rice but there is no way around it, the cheese is never the same as the restaurant but  the flavor can be matched pretty damn well.  And yes, the meal is meant for those who do manual labor for a living given how much carbs are in it.  By the way, its very traditional to drink it with a Mountain Dew or some very sweet Sweet Tea.  Maybe @nettenettecan provide some tips on cooking.  Or another native like @Bearcat-Doug

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

If your picture is just cheese then the proportions are right.  The cheese looks like yellow rice but there is no way around it, the cheese is never the same as the restaurant but  the flavor can be matched pretty damn well.  And yes, the meal is meant for those who do manual labor for a living given how much carbs are in it.  By the way, its very traditional to drink it with a Mountain Dew or some very sweet Sweet Tea.  Maybe @nettenettecan provide some tips on cooking.  Or another native like @Bearcat-Doug

Yeah I grated the cheese myself, maybe I should have used a less fine grate.

I really enjoyed this though, I got some left from the first can, and I got one more can I'll make later, which I might share with some friends 🙂

@FireHazard51  Really happy you introduced me to this.

Social Team · Posted
16 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Yeah I grated the cheese myself, maybe I should have used a less fine grate.

I really enjoyed this though, I got some left from the first can, and I got one more can I'll make later, which I might share with some friends 🙂

@FireHazard51  Really happy you introduced me to this.

This dude made it look easy to make the cheese.  Maybe you can see what he did differently because his cheese looks pretty damn spot on with how fluffy it is, 

You should be thankful that the can stuff taste real good and it's very shelf stable.  Shouldn't be hard to get more shipped out to you.  Hell they even sell it on Amazon.  Gotta be careful though as some sales are way over priced.  In general you can get them sent via Amazon for like an extra $0.30 per can.  Otherwise you just got to go to a Kroger. 

@Jeevan When you picking your cans from Kroger?  You should also watch the video on the cheese making.  

• Like 1