IGNORED

What's for dinner, what did you cook?

fcgamer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 8:22 AM, fcgamer said:

Potatoes, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, cheese, pork, and pad Thai spices...damn this is good, my friend even begged for seconds.

Followed it up with some carrot cake. Damn, no wonder I'm fat. prepared.

IMG20221221220217.jpg

IMG20221221221324.jpg

Fixed that for ya.

I had to laugh, cuz the portion sizes here look like they could be from a slim-fast commercial!

• Haha 1

After @phart010's pasta post earlier today in "Decoupling the NES from the Famicom" I got inspired and made this: Rotini/Penne boiled in home made pickle brine/water w/red pepper, black pepper, sansho pepper, garlic, ginger, meatballs, kalamata olives, Blue cheese olives, an egg, and a six cheese Italian blend (mozz/provolone/asiago/parmesan/romano/fontina.)  Drank a nut brown ale with it.  

Ho-Ly-Ca-nnoli, I had a joygasm.

Haven't eaten anything that powerful in a while.

It was a good thing I didn't include my favorite food ingredient: Habañero or my tastebuds might have exploded.   !!!

Edited by PII
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Oooooh black beans, duh. I'd hate the texture of that but I'm glad you liked it.

I had dim sum at a restaurant with friends tonight to celebrate Lunar New Year. No photos cuz I don't take photos of food while I'm out.

Nice! Are they Asian?

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, fcgamer said:

Nice. I was just wondering if a lot of non Asians celebrate the new years?

Not to my knowledge, no. We do have a very large Asian community downtown here though, with a pretty big "Chinatown" area. It's like a 10-15 minute car ride from my place. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was just gifted this Sixer of Brit. Beans = hello Full English Breakfast.  ...gotta figure out how to make blood pudding though.

For those not aware, "Muricans" tend to favor the sweet kind that get mixed w/brown sugar and molasses and often get eaten beside hot dogs for dinner, whereas Brits favor these that are in a Savory tomato based sauce.  They are damn good too and a better breakfast food than one who wasn't brought up on them might imagine...

Brit beans.png

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PII said:

I was just gifted this Sixer of Brit. Beans = hello Full English Breakfast.  ...gotta figure out how to make blood pudding though.

For those not aware, "Muricans" tend to favor the sweet kind that get mixed w/brown sugar and molasses and often get eaten beside hot dogs for dinner, whereas Brits favor these that are in a Savory tomato based sauce.  They are damn good too and a better breakfast food than one who wasn't brought up on them might imagine...

Brit beans.png

Does Heinz recommend you eat 5 cans a day?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Does Heinz recommend you eat 5 cans a day?

Lol, so it would seem!, until you take note of the info on the back that says "protein contributes to a growth in muscle mass.  1 of your 5 a day in 1/2 a can when eaten as part of a balanced diet."  (2 servings per can = 10g)

...unless maybe you're the sheriff in a Western.  All they eat is beans.  All day long.

• 4 months later...