IGNORED

What's for dinner, what did you cook?

fcgamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to the grocery for the first time in 10 days.

Got some French Feta, and Gypsi Salami, and I decided to try Russian Havla on a whim (it's good.) Gotta love the super markets in San Diego.

Have a snack, time to cook, then play Keio Flying Squadron ll for the first time. F@#$ you covid.

(ya, I am eating on the ground. Wanna fight about it? :P)

IMG_20220123_174103_2.jpg

IMG_20220123_174105_8.jpg

IMG_20220123_174116_3.jpg

IMG_20220123_174140_3.jpg

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm a huge wuss when it comes to spice, but I really like it at the same time. I'm 32 years old and just discovered buffalo wings, and they're awesome. I've been working on a plate of eight of them for hours now, as I can only take one or two bites of one before having to recover for a bit. It's been a great long term snack since I've been able to munch at it all evening and not need to make anything else.

I'll be buying these again in the future. 🙂

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted
2 hours ago, Lynda Monica said:

I'm a huge wuss when it comes to spice, but I really like it at the same time. I'm 32 years old and just discovered buffalo wings, and they're awesome. I've been working on a plate of eight of them for hours now, as I can only take one or two bites of one before having to recover for a bit. It's been a great long term snack since I've been able to munch at it all evening and not need to make anything else.

I'll be buying these again in the future. 🙂

you do know that they don't have to be spicey 😆

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
7 minutes ago, Lynda Monica said:

I actually didn't know. 😆 I just assumed they were always spicy. 😅

do you have a buffalo wild wings near you?  if so, look at the menu, i do like the caribbean jerk, which is spicy, but garlic parmesean is great as well.  in fact, here you go.......

https://www.buffalowildwings.com/en/food/side-sauces/

Events Helper · Posted

Also, i guess i forgot to mention @Lynda Monica they have dry rubs as well.  Anyway, if you like hot stuff, then caribbean jerk will make your nose run, they also have a reaper sauce, which i haven't tried, i really don't go super spicy.  I know garlic parm is a big hit with a lot of my coworkers.  I bought them all lunch from BWW and there were quite a few garlic parm.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been workin' on this small brick of Limburger cheese for a couple of months now.  I'm devouring the last pieces pictured here as I write this.  (it looked much more appealing when I got it.)  The best if used by sticker has a date of 1/19/23 and I'm having a hard time imagining what it would be like if I kept it around for another two months.  

I've only had Limburger once before when I came into possession of a couple of bricks wrapped in silvery paper/foil.  I don't remember what the brand was, but I figure that it must have been imported because the stuff pictured here is purportedly from the only place in the U.S.A. that makes Limburger.  I have a hard time believing that, but I really don't know.  

~~~Warning: you may not want to read the following if you're currently eating something.~~~

Spoiler

The stuff in the silvery/paper/foil was extremely mild in both smell and flavor.  The stuff pictured here smells like someone's very ripe taint.  Sorry, but that's the only thing I can think of to compare it to.  

Fortunately the taste is out of this world delicious.  In both cases the texture is something special too.  The flavor of the pictured stuff continued to change at least in terms of interesting if not better for the first month and a half or so, but seems to have grown bland in both smell and flavor now at two months.

Anyway, this was effectively new for me, so I thought I'd share it.  Anybody else ever eat this stuff?  I'm curious if anyone ever sees this stuff for sale where they live....

Limburger.png

Edited by PII
  • Haha 2

I was telling @Tanooki about this one night, but I usually get together once a week with a Japanese friend to cook dinner. Generally I'll let her do Japanese, though occasionally I'll do something western. I'm not picky about eastern versus western food, but a lot of people are, so Japanese food reigns supreme when we get together, due to her preference.

Last night she did tempura. Mushrooms, shrimp, winged bean, etc. So delicious, bit I laughed when my friend commented how "Japanese food is so healthy" ...

edit: can also see Richard Miao lurking about in the background. Generally he's pretty well behaved when it comes to people food though.

IMG20221128203101.jpg

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 3