IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

Well maybe $500 is just too much to stomach, even for scalpers to have to put all up front in the first place.

Ultimately a metal shell with a NES inside from the 80s, woopdeedoo.  Better off just modding an original and adding HDMI to that anyway for notably less.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Well maybe $500 is just too much to stomach, even for scalpers to have to put all up front in the first place.

Ultimately a metal shell with a NES inside from the 80s, woopdeedoo.  Better off just modding an original and adding HDMI to that anyway for notably less.

I really like the look of the NT mini noir on my shelf but I totally agree it's probably not worth 499

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
37 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

I just don't understand how they have a controller in the picture with the console and it doesn't come with it. That is straight up false advertising to me.

Honestly, it wouldn't even bug me that much if you could still purchase that nice looking all black controller separately. The controllers are only like $25, well that's annoying, but no big deal, it isn't that much money: But you can't, the black classic controller seems to have been completely discontinued for whatever dumb reason, so you literally cannot get it unless you want to pay like $80-$100 on eBay, so you just have to settle with a mismatched SNES or SF styled controller. Really, really annoying honestly.

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I really like the look of the NT mini noir on my shelf but I totally agree it's probably not worth 499

Yeah, if it was closer to around $350 I may just barely be able to justify it, but $500 just pushes it over the edge of not being worth it to me, especially when alternatives like the AVS exist. I mean, that's the price of a PS5 or Xbox Series X by that point (Well, assuming you can find one at MSRP, of course.) If it was the only one of it's kind on the market then that might tempt people a bit more, but alternatives to it that are almost as good exist, and the average Joe who just wants to play some of their old NES games on their big ol' TV probably won't notice much of a difference between the two while using them. I mean, you could buy two Super NTs and it'd still be over $100 cheaper than a single NT Mini.

Anyway, I'm done ranting about the price of the NT Mini, hahaha. I just don't think I'll ever understand why they never came out with a cheaper model of that thing.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Yeah, if it was closer to around $350 I may just barely be able to justify it, but $500 just pushes it over the edge of not being worth it to me, especially when alternatives like the AVS exist. I mean, that's the price of a PS5 or Xbox Series X by that point (Well, assuming you can find one at MSRP, of course.) If it was the only one of it's kind on the market then that might tempt people a bit more, but alternatives to it that are almost as good exist, and the average Joe who just wants to play some of their old NES games on their big ol' TV probably won't notice much of a difference between the two while using them. I mean, you could buy two Super NTs and it'd still be over $100 cheaper than a single NT Mini.

Anyway, I'm done ranting about the price of the NT Mini, hahaha. I just don't think I'll ever understand why they never came out with a cheaper model of that thing.

I bet parts-wise it’s nearly the same cost to manufacture as the Super NT (minus the high quality metal outer case of the Mini Noir). This is what you call “market level pricing” in business, as opposed to “cost plus”

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 5:23 PM, a3quit4s said:

In my mind it will probably hold the $500 value for a long while or close enough to it that I could resell it at some point if I had to and not feel too bad about it. Also I wish they would put more cores on the super nt/mega sg like with the jailbreak for the nt mini but I know they wont because then who is gonna buy their other things I guess? Maybe they can go out of business so they can do it without caring lol.

• The title was changed to Analogue Update: Super Nt and Nt Mini OoS. Mega SG and DAC Preorders TBA. Pocket Ships Oct 2021.

Yeah mine did on the 15th and out of California which surprised me.  Should be here earlier next week.  Was happy to see shipping was less this time around, and that they're using Fedex not Oops(UPS) that likes to break every box if not drive a hole into them.

Edited by Tanooki

One nice thing about working from home is that you don't have to worry about your Analogue products sitting on your front porch all day while it's snowing in April.  

One downside to working from home is that you have a Super Nt sitting next to you on your desk while you are trying to work.

20210420_134710.jpg

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 3