IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

21 minutes ago, Knud said:

Picked up both Mega SG and Super NT

They do not include controller, has the SN30 from 8bitdo been unavailable or what is the status of those? Can see that i can buy official for the Mega SG from aliexpress

I believe they were restocked on Amazon a couple weeks back, but if they aren't there now then they must have quickly sold out again! I was able to find one local, there are plenty in stock here in Taiwan, although the price is higher than Amazon was. 

If you do manage to track one down, make sure you get the 2.4 GHz model and not the Bluetooth to avoid lag! 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Knud said:

Picked up both Mega SG and Super NT

They do not include controller, has the SN30 from 8bitdo been unavailable or what is the status of those? Can see that i can buy official for the Mega SG from aliexpress

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

I haven't been able to find the SN30s in awhile for retail. Maybe some on ebay. They were replaced with the pros I think. 

19 minutes ago, Shmup said:

I've been reading they've been discontinued because they were having D pad issues? But I can't find anything official. If anyone knows details I'd love to know because I haven't seen them around and want to grab one. 

I think there is a supply chain issue because they've been restocking in very small lots over the past 6-9 months. I was able to grab a couple preorders in July and there were some available today. Follow @Wario64 on Twitter and, if you can wade through the million other deals he posts, you should be able to get one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys, found the SN30's on the 8bitdo official Aliexpress website: 8BitDo SN30 2.4G Wireless Gamepad for Original SNES/SFC (SN/SF/Transparent Edition) Super NES|Gamepads| - AliExpress

I think they are slightly more expensive then what Amazon were selling them for but not by much. I ended up ordering one and got free shipping 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Shmup said:

Hey guys, found the SN30's on the 8bitdo official Aliexpress website: 8BitDo SN30 2.4G Wireless Gamepad for Original SNES/SFC (SN/SF/Transparent Edition) Super NES|Gamepads| - AliExpress

I think they are slightly more expensive then what Amazon were selling them for but not by much. I ended up ordering one and got free shipping 🙂

Great, thanks. Just ordered!

6 hours ago, Shmup said:

Bummer does not ship to the united states

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, Shmup said:

Nice, so this is legitimately buying it directly from 8BitDo and not just cutting them out?

I know sometimes manufacturers will sell products directly on Aliexpress cutting out the person who actually designed it. The page looks pretty official though so Im thinking it’s probably legit.

This happened to my wife once. She spent countless hours and money hiring and coordinating with graphic designers to design magnets for kids that she wanted to sell on Amazon. She paid for lead and a phthalates testing. She had to talk to government people in California to research box labeling requirements for kids toys and then hire someone to design a box that incorporated all these requirements. Lots of money and lots of time. Finally, then she got the Chinese manufacturer to make according to her specifications. Few months later she found out there an Alibaba and Aliexpress listing for her product. Apparently the manufacturer thought it was ok to sell her product directly to consumers for the same price that they were selling it to her, even undercutting her Amazon listing 🤮

Edited by phart010
  • Angry 1

• The title was changed to Analogue Update: Super Nt, Mega SG, and DAC - In Stock as of 3PM EDT on 10 Aug. Pocket Ships Oct 2021.
7 hours ago, phart010 said:

Nice, so this is legitimately buying it directly from 8BitDo and not just cutting them out?

I know sometimes manufacturers will sell products directly on Aliexpress cutting out the person who actually designed it. The page looks pretty official though so Im thinking it’s probably legit.

This happened to my wife once. She spent countless hours and money hiring and coordinating with graphic designers to design magnets for kids that she wanted to sell on Amazon. She paid for lead and a phthalates testing. She had to talk to government people in California to research box labeling requirements for kids toys and then hire someone to design a box that incorporated all these requirements. Lots of money and lots of time. Finally, then she got the Chinese manufacturer to make according to her specifications. Few months later she found out there an Alibaba and Aliexpress listing for her product. Apparently the manufacturer thought it was ok to sell her product directly to consumers for the same price that they were selling it to her, even undercutting her Amazon listing 🤮

Damn that sucks, sorry to hear that.

From what I can tell this is a store setup by 8bitdo. I read a review on there saying they had contacted 8bitdo on their official site and they confirmed it was. I’m a bit sceptical of Aliexpress but this seems legitimate. 

12 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Yea, so uh, how do we get these? lol

Sorry I thought it was shipping everywhere.

A bit weird that they don't allow US shipping, normally it's everywhere else that can't get stuff.

I guess you could try some sort of forward service but that may really increase the cost. Might have to follow the guy DoctorEncore mentioned to see if Amazon relists them.

1 hour ago, Shmup said:

Damn that sucks, sorry to hear that.

From what I can tell this is a store setup by 8bitdo. I read a review on there saying they had contacted 8bitdo on their official site and they confirmed it was. I’m a bit sceptical of Aliexpress but this seems legitimate. 

No problem. She just confronted the manufacturer about it and they pulled the listing. 

It’s just kind of a head scratcher that they would even think it’s ok to do in the first place. How could you expect your business partners to trust you or grow while doing this?

2 hours ago, Knud said:

It actually said it they do not ship to Iceland either, but i was able to do a checkout though. If i can get it shipped here, they will without doubt ship to the states

I suspect the problem has to do with item not received claims. I ordered a micro usb reader on alibaba a couple of months ago. It ended up arriving like two months late. I was actually given an opportunity to file a not received claim for a full refund, I did not do this because it only costed a few bucks and I understand that there are shipping delays.

For a controller though (pretty sure these ones on Aliexpress are shipping from Asia) if I was down $30 and it was late I would certainly be filing a not received claim. If 8BitDo got hit with a bunch of these from the US, they probably just stopped selling them to the US through Aliexpress because of shipping delays.

When you buy them through Amazon they are physically sitting in one of Amazon’s warehouses in the USA 

• The title was changed to Analogue Update: Super Nt, Mega SG, and DAC - In Stock as of 26 Aug. Pocket Ships Oct 2021.
1 minute ago, DoctorEncore said:

Looks like these bad boys are shipping. Miraculously, everything is still in stock. I think that speaks more to the fact that scalpers have taken over our hobby than anything, so I'm extremely happy to see their profits withering.

@Jeevan got my Mega SG!

Too bad my Super NT is STILL lost in the fucking international postage system somewhere... 😒

Good thing they ARE still in stock, because if worse comes to worst, I may well be putting another order in with them at this rate... 😬

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Looks like these bad boys are shipping. Miraculously, everything is still in stock. I think that speaks more to the fact that scalpers have taken over our hobby than anything, so I'm extremely happy to see their profits withering.

I'm surprised that they have stayed in stock this long. They must have a ton of them this time.

• Like 1

That or if you watch ebay, there's just no money in scalping them like last time.  They had been selling for 2-2.5x the price until they had a hard date set for the run of this we see now.  The sales tanked because people knew they could get a new one at the MSRP.  Had I sold my SuperNT black 90days before the announcement I could have pulled like $400-500 out of the system, now you can about match new.

At this rate I just want someone to take it off my hands in trade for a Mega SG as I don't want to drop that money on it with this spare sitting around.

6 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

That or if you watch ebay, there's just no money in scalping them like last time.  They had been selling for 2-2.5x the price until they had a hard date set for the run of this we see now.  The sales tanked because people knew they could get a new one at the MSRP.  Had I sold my SuperNT black 90days before the announcement I could have pulled like $400-500 out of the system, now you can about match new.

At this rate I just want someone to take it off my hands in trade for a Mega SG as I don't want to drop that money on it with this spare sitting around.

I got mine for $250 shipped a few months ago which was basically at cost plus the extra round of shipping.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

What are you trying to trade for a MegaSG? I got @ZeldaFreaks delivered here yesterday or the day before and give them a month to claim it. I’ll keep you in mind in case they aren’t able to. It’s a Mega SG USA

19 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

What are you trying to trade for a MegaSG? I got @ZeldaFreaks delivered here yesterday or the day before and give them a month to claim it. I’ll keep you in mind in case they aren’t able to. It’s a Mega SG USA

That's exactly the one I'd grab too.  I was hoping to swap the Super NT so I wouldn't have to try and sell the thing.  It's black, lightly used, latest firmware/JB on it too, complete in the original packaging, as is the black envelope with the never folded super turrican box with it.  I'm picky about packing, when it went back in I put the original wraps still over everything.  I always wanted the SNES style one so when they re-ran it early this year I swapped it out and that's when I jailbroke the thing and put it up.

(That said, nothing is off the table if something popped up I was after.)

SuperNTBlack1.JPG

Edited by Tanooki