IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

2 hours ago, alpenanews0506 said:

Same as Californication I got through the initial add to cart phase with no issues at 11:03. The line for checkout, that was a different story. Sat in there for 33 minutes and by the time it was my turn the screen said sold out. Go figure lol. Maybe next time.

I had the opposite happen. It took me a half hour before I could get it into the cart and about 10 minutes after I did, I got a message saying they were sold out.

• Sad 1

I wasn’t looking to grab the Super NT this run but how tf do they manage to get cleaned out so quickly these days? I remember the Super NT and Mega SG originally being available for long after their release dates.

The internet hype train finally caught up to them? Or are they taking a page from Nintendo’s book and creating the illusion of scarcity?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Strange said:

The internet hype train finally caught up to them? Or are they taking a page from Nintendo’s book and creating the illusion of scarcity?

I would guess the first more so than the second.  

For whatever reason, the announcement of the Pocket seems to really put them on the map and when those pre-orders sold out so fast, I think people started to go back and want their previous consoles.  The Mega SG was available for a really long time after it was initially released, then suddenly the rest of them sold quick.  I think a lot of people started to realized how good Analogue's quality is compared to your cheaper clone systems.  Throw in the fear of missing out on something that's limited and people go nuts.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Nope. I couldn't even get into the line until 11:30. About 10 minutes later it said they sold out. At least you got one!

I had an in person meeting start at 11am this morning and had to order mine under cover. I'm like James Bond if he was a fucking nerd.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Jeez...I don't remember the Original NT being this much of a hassle to order.  I know the price on those were higher, and that was probably a deterrent to many...but I literally think I ordered mine hours after it went on sale.  I could be wrong about that, but I seriously don't remember any queue being formed for it.

27 minutes ago, Sumer said:

Jeez...I don't remember the Original NT being this much of a hassle to order.  I know the price on those were higher, and that was probably a deterrent to many...but I literally think I ordered mine hours after it went on sale.  I could be wrong about that, but I seriously don't remember any queue being formed for it.

It definitely lasted longer last time, but there were almost certainly much more available then.  It seems that the availability today was from leftover units from the last production run, so much smaller numbers.  At least those were limited to 1 per person.  

1 hour ago, BriGuy82 said:

I had an in person meeting start at 11am this morning and had to order mine under cover. I'm like James Bond if he was a fucking nerd.

I was at a doctors appointment and did the same thing since I got called back right after I added it to the cart and was put in the checkout line. 

1 hour ago, BriGuy82 said:

@Bearcat-Dougif they don't restock them I'll sell you mine. The only reason I knew they were being restocked is because you tagged me anyway. 

I appreciate it! I don't mind waiting. I got a HDMI cable for my SNES a while back and that's holding me over. I'm just glad that one of us got one!

16 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Go to the store (https://www.analogue.co/store) and practice checking out with the Mega Sg Adapters (the only thing they have in stock). It's a standard checkout process. If your browser can pre-populate your address and credit card, that should get you through quickly.

I'm good, actually...x2.

Friend calls me off and on this very morning about the thing, he did find he had $200 to deal with it.  Being on a satellite connection, I also hoping I can get a SNES style one too (that's what he wanted) opened up TWO copies of the site (1=Firefox 2=CHROME)

As soon as he saw it go live, I did too.  He tried on his side and it got stuck, but I was able to quickly nail down 1, then shortly after 2 as well.  Sat in a queue for a bit on both, had a minor freak out after 15min when it refreshed back to wanting he captcha redone(ugh) and then I was able to buy both.  Did his first, took his CC/address over the phone...done.  Then on my copy it came up and I got one too.

I still have my black one, never wanted the color but the deal was great then.  It still has the original bit envelope with the unmade turrican box, etc, everything immaculate and I recently updated to firmware5 with the jailbreak added too.  I'll end up selling that, so I can have my NT for free. 😄

• Like 1