IGNORED

retroUSB + VideoGameSage = ?

darkchylde28

Does anybody know what bunnyboy's thoughts on the "separation" are/have been?  I don't recall having seen him crop up in any of the threads that were ongoing on the old site and am curious if he might make the migration as so many have already in the past few days.  I'm also curious as to what the fate of the scoreboard feature on the AVS will be, what with the site it was built to communicate with seemingly entering its death spiral.  I know a lot of folks don't use it, but it would be nice to see that function survive, even if it ends up being somewhere else (preferably here, but open to other venues as well).

Thanks for the heads up.  Sad on both counts, really.  You'd figure the functionality could be ported somewhere else if bunnyboy really wanted to, but I suppose if he's team Wata/GC/etc., I guess there's not really any reason to do so, at least not until NA falls over.  Even then, I'd say it's at the low end of selling points for the AVS these days, so I suppose it wouldn't be a high priority, regardless.  As far as I'm aware, retroUSB was really the only dedicated hardware manufacturer that was embedded in the old site, but I know a lot of software folks were pretty firmly entrenched.  I have a feeling that it'll be a bit yet before we see the end of the "who gets the friend" game that almost always occurs after a "breakup."

I’ve been curious about the status of 8 Bit Xmas 2019. He got some criticism from a few on NA last year that some of the releases were just throw away novelty games that you play for a few minutes and then put on your shelf. Usually he updates the status of the game throughout the year on YouTube and Facebook but I haven’t heard anything about it and we’re nearing the usual release period. Hope we get a 2019 entry this year

7 hours ago, epiclotus said:

I would like to see bunnyboy participate on here, as well.  retroUSB is a source of some great games, not just the X-mas carts!  I'm seriously considering picking on an AVS.  It's a very cool looking system.

The AVS is fantastic, I can't recommend it enough. 

As for the Scoreboard, I never got around to using it, so by default I won't be missing much. That's not to say anything against Bunnyboy, the fact that it even exists is brilliant, it's just one of those things I never experienced.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 3:11 AM, Dick McGee said:

I’ve been curious about the status of 8 Bit Xmas 2019. He got some criticism from a few on NA last year that some of the releases were just throw away novelty games that you play for a few minutes and then put on your shelf. Usually he updates the status of the game throughout the year on YouTube and Facebook but I haven’t heard anything about it and we’re nearing the usual release period. Hope we get a 2019 entry this year

I was wondering this as well

On 10/23/2019 at 10:13 AM, Nightowljrm said:

The AVS is fantastic, I can't recommend it enough. 

As for the Scoreboard, I never got around to using it, so by default I won't be missing much. That's not to say anything against Bunnyboy, the fact that it even exists is brilliant, it's just one of those things I never experienced.

I just took the plunge and got an AVS myself and I was pleasantly surprised. Even with high hopes. 

1 hour ago, Foochie776 said:

He seemed like he was going to stick with NA but I cannot confirm that. Just going by the couple posts I saw from him on there.

I was about to say the same thing.  I don't know where Ferris is, but KHan has been doing the front page announcements/news for the last ~month or so, so I took that as a sign of him deciding to stay firmly on that side of the proverbial fence.

5 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

I was about to say the same thing.  I don't know where Ferris is, but KHan has been doing the front page announcements/news for the last ~month or so, so I took that as a sign of him deciding to stay firmly on that side of the proverbial fence.

@Ferris Bueller is here 🙂

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

@Ferris Bueller

Homebrew Team · Posted
On 10/23/2019 at 3:11 AM, Dick McGee said:

I’ve been curious about the status of 8 Bit Xmas 2019. ......... Hope we get a 2019 entry this year

I have heard through the grapevine that it is currently being worked on.  Can't say anything else until the official announcements.