IGNORED

retroUSB + VideoGameSage = ?

darkchylde28

17 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Regardless of affiliation or alliance if you are trying to sell someone products as BunnyBoy and KHAN do, you need to be where your customers are. 

Idk how much they are trying to sell products. Maybe Bunny more than K Han but I don't think K Han was ever raking in the big bucks from his Homebrew endeavour. It was more of a side hobby / labor of love from his own view of it. I think there just isn't that much money in the Homebrew scene the begin with. 

And the affliction is a goofy reason to not come over to VGS imo. I like NA as much as anyone, maybe more than some people, but this site is a better user experience in every way. Aside from my feedback and donations, I see everything I want in a video game forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think we could possibly see bunnyboy here. I don’t think the new owners of NA have any animosity towards VGS. They’ve just been deafeningly silent and unresponsive.

If anyone has been showing any animosity, it’s been us towards NA. We should work on not burning the bridge.

9 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Are AVS systems still being produced? I have always thought about getting one eventually, but I fear the costs of getting it all the way to Taiwan may be prohibitive.

They are still available for purchase.

Unknown if another run will be made once the current stock is exhausted.

3 hours ago, Tulpa said:

They are still available for purchase.

Unknown if another run will be made once the current stock is exhausted.

It's always the shipping cost that stops me in my tracks on a lot of cool aftermarket videogame stuff like this. Another one is the N64 40 winks release from Piko. For some reason the smaller sites that sell these kinds of products either don't offer international shipping, or they jack it up so high that it ends up simply not being worth it in the end. 

9 hours ago, OptOut said:

It's always the shipping cost that stops me in my tracks on a lot of cool aftermarket videogame stuff like this. Another one is the N64 40 winks release from Piko. For some reason the smaller sites that sell these kinds of products either don't offer international shipping, or they jack it up so high that it ends up simply not being worth it in the end. 

Shipping from the USA to abroad really is just stupid expensive, it's gotten so much worse in the past eight years that I've been living here.

If you want the 40 Winks (actually I intend on getting that too at some point), ship it to my parents' house, I can bring it back for you next time I go to the USA.

• Thanks 1

I saw a post on my Facebook for the 2019 Xmas cart and I'm sure my wife will get it for me for Christmas. I have an AVS and I don't play my NES and Famicom carts on anything else, the picture looks good, sounds good, and I haven't had any problems running any games on it yet. I also have a powerpak but I need to read up on how it works so it's been sitting collecting dust.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 9:44 PM, OptOut said:

Are AVS systems still being produced? I have always thought about getting one eventually, but I fear the costs of getting it all the way to Taiwan may be prohibitive.

I bought the refurbished option to save a few bucks. Unit looked brand new and everything came with it. 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 5:53 PM, phart010 said:

I think we could possibly see bunnyboy here. I don’t think the new owners of NA have any animosity towards VGS. They’ve just been deafeningly silent and unresponsive.

If anyone has been showing any animosity, it’s been us towards NA. We should work on not burning the bridge.

GoCollect is actively censoring and deleting references and links to VGS. 

Also, nobody here has any animosity for NA. GoSellout on the otherhand... 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DestructoDisk said:

Since he is still selling them, and NA is officially dead, with no scoreboard functionality, he should at least update the product description. Would suck to Shell out that much money, thinking you can upload your high score to some website, not realizing the website doesn't exist anymore.

I'm super disappointed that the feature is gone. I'm a CRT guy, So the only reason I ever used my AVS was for the scoreboard.

Just now, Br81zad said:

Lol, it's easy to differentiate. NintendoAge, (the site, and the people remaining) are not GoCollect. 

The new regime is an outside corporation that has no community ties to NA.

Sorry I misread your post. In any case, after purchasing the site, I see gocollect and NA as one.

NA is an abandoned ship. We are not NA, we’re the former community of NA

Well given what's going with the AVS and GC/NA whatever you care to call it, and that whole mess, it seems to me if I were shopping, I'd just not bother at all.  Bunny has seemingly made his bed and is laying in it, and if GC is being that immature about basically the entirety of the old 'active' membership picking up and leaving they can just go all sit in a corner and pout.

I'd choose to do what I have done, use your finest looking top loader, put the HiDef NES Kit inside there, and if you really care about Famicom stuff, either get a honeybee adapter(which I have too) or perhaps one of those FDS Stick devices as well, and just call it a day.  Sure the toploader is what 25 years old now but who cares, they're tough, and with HDMI kit installed you're bypassing that wretched jailbar mess RF output anyway.  The kit also has a nice sized board that conveniently fits very well into that lowered part of the consoles lower frame anyway.