IGNORED

retroUSB + VideoGameSage = ?

darkchylde28

I could be wrong but I feel like bunny might be slowly getting out of the business. Over time alot of games are getting discontinued, like all the competition carts, alot of stuff seems to be on "sale" which also seems to indicate once those items are gone they won't return. He might be getting down to just the AVS and yearly Xmas carts. Which is fine but it does seem like a slow exit taking place. Again could be totally wrong but that's the vibe I get 

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I could be wrong but I feel like bunny might be slowly getting out of the business. Over time alot of games are getting discontinued, like all the competition carts, alot of stuff seems to be on "sale" which also seems to indicate once those items are gone they won't return. He might be getting down to just the AVS and yearly Xmas carts. Which is fine but it does seem like a slow exit taking place. Again could be totally wrong but that's the vibe I get 

It does appear that way.

5 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I think the problem might be his knees more than anything else.  He's mentioned before that he's been having multiple surgeries and sometimes can't climb the stairs to his office.  He probably wants to do more, but just can't.

On 10/25/2019 at 3:38 PM, a3quit4s said:

Regardless of affiliation or alliance if you are trying to sell someone products as BunnyBoy and KHAN do, you need to be where your customers are. 

My customers are on Twitter. My posts on forums rarely get any (or much) attention, so forum-centric sales are definitely not going to make or break my "business." 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CT said:

yep there are some other options out there, especially things like Retrotink. Not sure route I will go,   Thanks for the suggestion!

Well while I know there are surely videos and pictures online.  I can't say enough nice things about the kit that has that lovely FPGA in there from Kevin Horton enough.  If you want to see or know more, anyone for that matter, I'm cool doing some kind of a post about it whatever that may entail.

KHAN: In my hiatus from this pack of people I couldn't say then, but I now.  OUT-f'ing-standing job on that Leisure Suit Larry game as that blew me away how that one was done on the NES.  You're one of those rarities who do these after market games, as i'd rather call it that than homebrew given little gems like that are on another level between your common learning/fun to do homebrew and something retail.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

KHAN: In my hiatus from this pack of people I couldn't say then, but I now.  OUT-f'ing-standing job on that Leisure Suit Larry game as that blew me away how that one was done on the NES.  You're one of those rarities who do these after market games, as i'd rather call it that than homebrew given little gems like that are on another level between your common learning/fun to do homebrew and something retail.

That's nice of you to say. Thank you.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
3 hours ago, KHAN Games said:

My customers are on Twitter. My posts on forums rarely get any (or much) attention, so forum-centric sales are definitely not going to make or break my "business." 🙂

I'm not sure if I missed an intro thread of yours, but I take the occasion to say I'm absolutely pleased to see you on here posting Kevin🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CMR said:

I think the problem might be his knees more than anything else.  He's mentioned before that he's been having multiple surgeries and sometimes can't climb the stairs to his office.  He probably wants to do more, but just can't.

Ah, I kinda remember seeing mention of medical issues but honestly don't fully remember or went diving into details. Knee problems are rough, my grandfather has been having problems recently. Here's hoping Bunnyboy is ok/doing better than.

Events Team · Posted
On 11/10/2019 at 1:20 PM, KHAN Games said:

Really happy to see you here, man.  You played a large part in my finding and joining NA.  While you may not need forums, the community very much appreciates your contributions. (Not to mention, the forums are where I stay abreast of homebrew news and sales.)

I also couldn't agree more with @Tanooki.  Larry is the shit.  Not to diminish any of your other releases because it's easy to see your growth as a brewer.  But I come back to Larry at least a couple times a year. 

👉👌🤣

Edited by JamesRobot
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I wonder if Larry would pop up again, another victim of the permanently out of stock bin at retrousb.  I know or at least I'm pretty certain the ROM never got released other than a demo.

I was hoping to re-release it this year as a self-published project for the game's five year anniversary, but it didn't quite work out. Hopefully some time in the future.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I'm kind of bummed Bunnyboy didn't make it over. I always liked him and he helped me out of several jams with the programming of my last game. I hope he does eventually pop in. Even if it's for just a visit... Anyone know if Coinhaven made it over? He ran the NESDump while it was still in operation.

..sorry for replying to an old post. I'm trying to catch up. I was away for some time. 

Edited by PasseGaming
Spelling Errors
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/9/2019 at 7:38 PM, Tanooki said:

Well given what's going with the AVS and GC/NA whatever you care to call it, and that whole mess, it seems to me if I were shopping, I'd just not bother at all.  Bunny has seemingly made his bed and is laying in it, and if GC is being that immature about basically the entirety of the old 'active' membership picking up and leaving they can just go all sit in a corner and pout.

I'd choose to do what I have done, use your finest looking top loader, put the HiDef NES Kit inside there, and if you really care about Famicom stuff, either get a honeybee adapter(which I have too) or perhaps one of those FDS Stick devices as well, and just call it a day.  Sure the toploader is what 25 years old now but who cares, they're tough, and with HDMI kit installed you're bypassing that wretched jailbar mess RF output anyway.  The kit also has a nice sized board that conveniently fits very well into that lowered part of the consoles lower frame anyway.

I wouldn’t choose that. My AVS finally arrived today and it’s perfect for me. Games run perfectly and look fantastic in HD, the console itself looks great, better designed than the original in both style and function while paying clear and perfect homage to the OG system, and the accompanying wireless controllers are simply the best NES controllers I have ever used. The D-pad is excellent, better than the OEM; the acid test for me is Bomberman 2, which the old Bluetooth 8BitDo Model N30 has a terrible time with because the D-pad downright sucks for games where you need to make fast tight turns. Bunnyboy’s controllers handle tight fast turns just peachy, and they feel better in my hand than the OEM and are extremely responsive and accurate. And with my fully optimized and loaded PowerPak, my HD NES dreams have come true. I’m one perfectly happy NES fan; I’m SO GLAD I got my AVS while the getting was good. And the getting is still good; I bought a refurbished one to save 20 bucks or so and it’s in perfect condition, and the controllers are on sale for $5 off right now. Get this setup while you can!

I’ll probably still hang on to my NES for nostalgia purposes, but I probably won’t be firing it up again any time soon. AVS all the way.

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
Administrator · Posted
55 minutes ago, CT said:

bumping for any scoreboard news?

The scoreboard is completely dead, as far as I'm aware. I don't imagine it ever coming here, and frankly I don't think it's a big loss. 

Nobody used it. I bought an AVS solely to compete on the leaderboard, and was hugely disappointed in how it functioned, the lack of games available, and the lack of people bothering to use it (likely due in large part to a combination of my first two gripes). 

A novel idea, but not one that I miss at all. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gloves said:

The scoreboard is completely dead, as far as I'm aware. I don't imagine it ever coming here, and frankly I don't think it's a big loss. 

Nobody used it. I bought an AVS solely to compete on the leaderboard, and was hugely disappointed in how it functioned, the lack of games available, and the lack of people bothering to use it (likely due in large part to a combination of my first two gripes). 

A novel idea, but not one that I miss at all. 

That's so sad. The scoreboard was pretty much the only reason I bought the AVS as well. It was a really fun idea to me and it's sad to see that there isn't anywhere that supports it anymore.