IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Is this in any way desirable to metal gear fans? @Gloves says no. I’m keeping hope alive cause I’m trying to make $$$0E138BBF-C643-4C9A-BE09-72F6F64403F5.thumb.jpeg.56df8c4d8df7dc7f8e0d69824d752012.jpegFFA9ED2F-9606-41E0-A576-45EED4A9B9F4.thumb.jpeg.d6dedd4c4c6f92b5508cb3c80ad70687.jpeg

Probably more interesting to 360 collectors in general than Metal Gear fans specifically.

I don’t collect 360 so don’t know how big the audience is for promo stuff but you never know. One day it could buy you a nice steak dinner or maybe only an ice cream haha.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

341322748_712855367197563_5162399786300906537_n.thumb.jpg.894a12af85fa701319e1ccb0eb27fdf0.jpg

Just picked up FFF: Athletic World! Now all I need is a nice enough condition FFF Pad to call this mini set truly complete. (Though, I would like something that @acidjaguar has too...oh, and maybe one of those homebrew FFF: Dance Aerobics)

I didn't even realize you had SE! Nice pick up on Athletic World. That one remains quite a challenge to snag.

7 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Is this in any way desirable to metal gear fans? @Gloves says no. I’m keeping hope alive cause I’m trying to make $$$0E138BBF-C643-4C9A-BE09-72F6F64403F5.thumb.jpeg.56df8c4d8df7dc7f8e0d69824d752012.jpegFFA9ED2F-9606-41E0-A576-45EED4A9B9F4.thumb.jpeg.d6dedd4c4c6f92b5508cb3c80ad70687.jpeg

I found two Naruto games like this, and was debating if I should get them even if I was leaning towards a NA PS3 collection for the time being. But I pictured Chris Christmas Rodriguez's theme song playing while @Gloves stood at my doorway, shaking his head.

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

I didn't even realize you had SE! Nice pick up on Athletic World. That one remains quite a challenge to snag.

Had it for what feels like two and a half years now actually!

I post it from time to time on my IG, but I try not to flash it unnecessarily. Emphasis on try...it's hard not to whip it out once in a while!

P.S. As a stakeholder in the SE marketplace. I declare that it is not required for a licensed US set. SMB / DH / WCTM, or simply WCTM are suitable variant releases.

This also extends to Family Fun Fitness: Athletic World. You don't need the rare variant, you only need the more common No-FFF branding variant.

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Sooo...this happened.  Panasonic BT-S901Y.

Never really thought I'd have something work out as it did, but yesterday morning my local friend I help with stuff I've mentioned before messenges me and asks if I knew anything about this or was interested.  Of course my eyes pop out when I realized it was in the very near by area so I wrote.  Got into a nice conversation with the guy, he wasn't looking to make bank off it like most due, and was into trade as much as the $150 obo asking price.  Ultimately he wanted 5 SNES/Gen games I had I pulled just the night before along with many others for trade/sell.  Gave up chiki chiki boys, act raiser2, wwf super wrestlemania w/manual poster, thunder spirits, and strider for it -- that's it.

Of course having not been able to play for 15 years at home a game of you know what...I went for it.  Had I not been juggling with the camera it could have more than 23 rounds, but not bad.  It has some nice hookup choices in the rear with two sets of component, composite, and s-video.  I didn't realize it at first thinking I'd need an external speaker, but it has a 1W speaker setup inside and sounds great.  I was hoping at some rate to find a 10" or something +/- screen to put on a bench for this, but this is even better. 😄  It has a quality screen, good speakers, a little scratch and dent otherwise but in largely great shape.

7years~ ago I put together a NES Action Set and shelved it due to the HDMI stuff I moved into, well it's not un-retired and on the bench for good.  I'm going to look into getting back the gun games I had, then a few others I was made aware of.  I've also tried the Supaboy S on this, looks/sounds stunning, so I imagine since I have a Sega Nomad A/V cable it should as well.

panasonic-bts901y1.thumb.jpg.0418f88d34b008c6aa0ea3b892747157.jpg

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 9
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

P.S. As a stakeholder in the SE marketplace. I declare that it is not required for a licensed US set. SMB / DH / WCTM, or simply WCTM are suitable variant releases.

This also extends to Family Fun Fitness: Athletic World. You don't need the rare variant, you only need the more common No-FFF branding variant.

I enjoy Bandai Namco's later games, so I wish Stadium Events wasn't expensive. I would rather have the Family Fitness version as a fan of the company. It makes more sense to buy the World Class Track Meet version though. 😢

• Agree 1

On 4/14/2023 at 2:36 PM, CodysGameRoom said:

I just checked the other day because I feel like I have a majority of the library and there are 188 games that I still need. It's gonna take sooo long, oh how I wish I bought more cheap Gamecube stuff in the early 2010s.

I only went for the fullset because I had most of the first party games and the local game store got a huge lot of more of 500 games. I got an amazing deal with them to get almost 200 games but I still had to buy a lot of expensive games like Pokemon Box and Disney Basketball.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Galdius said:

I only went for the fullset because I had most of the first party games and the local game store got a huge lot of more of 500 games. I got an amazing deal with them to get almost 200 games but I still had to buy a lot of expensive games like Pokemon Box and Disney Basketball.

I found 3 more this weekend for $10 each. nothing crazy but for that price i'm buying any gamecube game I don't already have. Still 185 to go. lol. But I've been more focused on Sega consoles this last two years. 

Edited by CodysGameRoom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I found 3 more this weekend for $10 each. nothing crazy but for that price i'm buying any gamecube game I don't already have. Still 185 to go. lol. But I've been more focused on Sega consoles this last two years. 

Me too but I'm close to finish the Brazilian Master System and Mega Drive fullsets so I went back to Nintendo games.

I am excited to announce I have completed my loose N.A NES game collection as of last week! This is a journey I have been on since 2013. I sold my sports car (Dodge Challenger) and took a chunk of the money and connected with some collectors getting out of the hobby and was able to acquire all the NES heavies (which is what I needed to finish the set) and here I am! I don't have Stadium Events, and even though that is technically considered for a full licensed set, I am just going to settle with World Class Track Meet for now and call it good. Maybe when the time is right I'll pick up a PAL version! NES_Collection.jpg.7292a3d690929c32ddd59826e4f4904e.jpg

• Like 12
  • Wow! 4
  • Love 3

image.jpeg.22c1fabd4e91908c2ad6e691c04a513f.jpeg

I will continue to support the Mega Man franchise, even if it means buying compilations/re-releases of older games. Hopefully Capcom will release a Mega Man 12 and/or Mega Man X9 someday. I'd even be willing to buy a Mega Man Legends collection, in the hopes that Capcom brings back Mega Man Legends 3.

image.jpeg.cd8669b8b4ad19935255a475d8a501bf.jpeg

Capcom was wise to include both volumes of Battle Network Legacy Collection in the physical release, instead of just including the first one and a download code for the second.

image.jpeg.436df3dadbfe643aae20bacfe3a6c762.jpeg

image.jpeg.5fb9d5f8f08d9a134058d5ee8698c6dc.jpeg

I like that MegaMan.EXE is voiced by his actor from MegaMan NT Warrior. I also like that he poses when you take screenshots. I did the same pose while using a Photo Booth at a Chuck E. Cheese a few months ago.

image.jpeg.88d8c95dff67026bcf01fbe4c2466575.jpeg

Got the 4K release of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, which includes a Blu-ray disc containing over an hour of deleted and extended scenes.

I also got Season 4 of Cobra Kai on DVD, which I had a hard time finding locally. The first three seasons were easy to find at my local Walmart. However, I looked in Walmart and Best Buy recently (and have looked in Walmart multiple times this year) and couldn't find Season 4. I also checked on eBay and while there are several copies, I noticed there were very few from sellers in Canada. It made me wonder if Season 4 was even released on DVD in Canada. I knew it had to be, since the first three were. I decided to look in Sunrise Records. I don't know why I didn't think of going there a few months ago. But anyway, they had it. If a movie or show can't be found at Walmart or Best Buy, it can probably be found at Sunrise Records.

image.thumb.jpeg.888f957ce26f5b34f39e06f67c2675df.jpeg

This poster for the new Super Mario Bros. movie is also something I couldn't find at Walmart, but was able to find at Sunrise Records (they had a few different ones).

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

Lots of quality in this lot I just picked up. The funniest part was after we completed the transaction, the seller sends me a message, "Oh I forgot to mention, Yars Revenge and Beat 'Em And Eat 'Em are sealed."

That's always a bonus surprise after you've already paid.

received_932962467850714.jpeg

Edited by Code Monkey
  • Like 7

I've started collecting complete copies of Konami NES games. 🙂

I'm only collecting the NES Konami games from 1987 to 1990, because those were my favourite years. I traveled to the three game stores on the transit line, and got good deals on nice copies of games. I got Jackal for $100 Canadian ($74.00 US), Blades of Steel for $50.00 Canadian ($37.00 US) Double Dribble for $35.00 Canadian ($26.00 US) and Bayou Billy for $50.00 Canadian (37.00 US)

NESKonami1.png.1ed845025536c4f319cdb5b140dec17c.png

NESKonami2.png.39d8f622895da642d603aec5d77cfe11.png

KonamiNES3.png.182cd265ee2e63d1c2183873b52df0dd.png

I have also ordered the first Castlevania on eBay, which I got an incredible deal on. The box is in very good shape, but the front cover only is very sun faded. All the other sides are normal though, so on a shelf it won't matter. It also makes something impossibly expensive into something I can buy, so I'm very happy. I got it for $146 Canadian, which includes shipping. ($108.00 US) It will not arrive for a long time, but I will post pictures when it arrives. 😄

Edited by Jynx
  • Like 6
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 3

43 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

@FenrirZero NICE.  I agree, but these days I have it on PC.  I did have a PiiU at the time, and it had that same pin, and when I sold the game I kept that pin and stuck with some other pin trader stuff on a disney lanyard where it remains.  That was a fun small cool little extra.

Thanks! And speaking of the Wii U version, a part of me wishes that I caught wind of the game sooner. I think back then people were asking for $250 USD or more for sealed copies. Which is sane compared to what they are demanding on eBay. 😅

Plus, I should note that I am being extra careful with my copy. It would be cool to have the pin be where I start off a pin collection. But I found out how badly scuffed those pins can become if they move around in the case. 😨

• Like 1