IGNORED

Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, Festivus and [Insert Holiday] 2019 VGS

MuNKeY

Another year is almost over and end of a decade as well. Hope all you guys and gals out there have a great time, eat, drink, and be merry and most of all be safe out there.  2019 has been a rough one for some of us, myself included, but time is at hand to dust ourselves off and take on the new year and the new decade by the horns, remember our friends and loved ones and keep moving forward. Can't quite think of much else to say without getting sappy lol again I hope al you all have a good one. 

You may now trash the thread. 

Edited by MuNKeY
  • Like 7

Administrator · Posted

Technically it's been an amazing year for me. I'm still exhausted, but when I look back and take stock it's really been quite good. 

2019 was a year of new beginnings for me, as hallmark as that sounds. 

I left my job of 6 years to go fulltime freelance, and after a few months ended up back in advertising, but making much more money and with a way better role. Work wise it's been a huge change, and one I'm glad I made. 

And then of course there's this whole VGS thing. I was really worried at times that things would go south, and once or twice I even went "ah fuck we're screwed", but with the support of the staff we pulled through, and now here we are. We're coming up pretty quick on 1000 members and that's pretty amazing. 

And don't forget the kids! For Extra Life this year I managed to raise more money than ever before, and without actually having to fund any huge projects or anything to supplement it, which feels awesome. I've never had so many supportive people in my life before and I'm honestly without words for how thankful I am. 

I'm gonna have a drink to you all tonight, you guys are the best! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Technically it's been an amazing year for me. I'm still exhausted, but when I look back and take stock it's really been quite good. 

2019 was a year of new beginnings for me, as hallmark as that sounds. 

I left my job of 6 years to go fulltime freelance, and after a few months ended up back in advertising, but making much more money and with a way better role. Work wise it's been a huge change, and one I'm glad I made. 

And then of course there's this whole VGS thing. I was really worried at times that things would go south, and once or twice I even went "ah fuck we're screwed", but with the support of the staff we pulled through, and now here we are. We're coming up pretty quick on 1000 members and that's pretty amazing. 

And don't forget the kids! For Extra Life this year I managed to raise more money than ever before, and without actually having to fund any huge projects or anything to supplement it, which feels awesome. I've never had so many supportive people in my life before and I'm honestly without words for how thankful I am. 

I'm gonna have a drink to you all tonight, you guys are the best! 

Better make it two! You've earned it buddy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Merry Christmas everyone. It's been a wild year, but we all made it through. I'm having a hard time reflecting this year as a lot had happen, mostly good. But I'm particularly looking forward to the beginning of 2020 as I would be entering the final semester of schooling before I get my bachelors in Computer Science and Computer Engineering.

• Like 1