IGNORED

2020 MLB Thread

Bearcat-Doug

22 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I know you are joking (one of my favorite lines from that trilogy), but trust me when I say that long distance running is as good of a stress reliever as video games are.  I wish my knees still allowed me to do it, but unfortunately, I have to stick with biking now.  

When running though be sure you're paying attention!! 😄 

What kind of bike ya got?  A hog I hope! 🙂 

17 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

They suspended that pitcher for 8 games! They are basically bubble wrapping the Astros. 

I miss machine gun Joe Kelly! He was the quintessential Red Sox attitude of a championship run. He's a streaky reliever, but he's a beast when he gets mad. This bodes well for LAD.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm close but that was 5 years before my time. I have seen the World Series games from 1975 and 1976 on video though.

So you know the ending of Game 6 of the 1975 Series remains the most magical moment in all of Red Sox history right?  He even ended up getting the whole foul pole named after him!!  (Pesky already had the right foul pole)

As for the equivalent moment for my team (UK basketball), I'm not sure if there's really any ONE moment that stands out above all the others (interesting how for both my team and my Bostonian wife's Red Sox, both our 1975 teams finished second and her '67 Impossible Dream and the Cats' '66 Rupp's Runts also finished runner-up that year yet in all four cases they are among the most beloved teams in our respective franchise's history).  Except maybe that shot that was made that Rupp put a nail into the court to mark it waaaaaay back when...but this I think was back before television so obviously that would not be the same.

3 minutes ago, Estil said:

So you know the ending of Game 6 of the 1975 Series remains the most magical moment in all of Red Sox history right?  He even ended up getting the whole foul pole named after him!!  (Pesky already had the right foul pole)

As for the equivalent moment for my team (UK basketball), I'm not sure if there's really any ONE moment that stands out above all the others (interesting how for both my team and my Bostonian wife's Red Sox, both our 1975 teams finished second and her '67 Impossible Dream and the Cats' '66 Rupp's Runts also finished runner-up that year yet in all four cases they are among the most beloved teams in our respective franchise's history).  Except maybe that shot that was made that Rupp put a nail into the court to mark it waaaaaay back when...but this I think was back before television so obviously that would not be the same.

I thought you were going to say it was more like this. 😂

14 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I thought you were going to say it was more like this. 😂

No no no no no, my wife's equivalent of that is obviously...

To add further insult to injury, Ray Knight (the guy who stamped the plate for the winning run is wearing my birthday number #22 and the Red Sox who made the last out in Game 7 (my wife had the Mandela effect and remember the Buckner moment as the end of the series not realizing they had another chance the next night!) wore #17, our anniversary date 😞 

As for the video you posted, the Unforgettables (what our 1992 team was called; yes several of our squads had cool nicknames like 1996's Untouchables and the REAL Fab Five of 1948; had either the 2014 or 2015 teams finished the job i think the nickname UndeNINEables would've been perfect) also is among the most beloved in our history and the four seniors immediately had their numbers retired right after that game when the team came back home (I wish I could find a video of that ceremony).

Edited by Estil

45 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I'll be surprised if MLB goes another two weeks at this point.   They really screwed the pooch not doing bubble cities like the NHL and NBA did.

Wasn't that the players? It seems like the original plan was to do separate leagues in Arizona and Florida.

16 minutes ago, B.A. said:

I don't think they really have a plan. They were supposed to have replacement players to shuttle back and forth if someone tested positive, but now they are just postponing games instead.

I was starting to think I had imagined that too. I don't know what they are doing.

@doner24 I don't know how it is by you but the resellers by me are cutthroat right now. I know what you were saying about the Dominguez being hot with the bowman cards, but they snatch anything and everything around here. I saw the shelves full with diamond king blasters at target the other day, went back the next day everything was gone. And those cards suck! I was lucky and caught the fresh release of topps chrome last week, but checked back later and everything was gone. The celo packs, hanger boxes and the rest of the blasters I left. All gone. 

2 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

Wow pretty good. Did you pull it from a hobby box? I bought 4 blasters from target and pulled 2 autos and 2 roberts.

I pulled it from a jumbo box. I wish I could find blasters! I opened a jumbo box and two hobby boxes and found no base Roberts. I did, however, snag his '85 and some other nice cards like a Lux auto, a green Kepler, and a Soto variation.

• Like 1

Moderator · Posted
10 minutes ago, The Count said:

I pulled it from a jumbo box. I wish I could find blasters! I opened a jumbo box and two hobby boxes and found no base Roberts. I did, however, snag his '85 and some other nice cards like a Lux auto, a green Kepler, and a Soto variation.

Yeah, our area is tough as the blasters get wiped out instantly. 

3 minutes ago, The Count said:

Yeah I know I got lucky finding the blasters. If I had known they were stacked with autos I would've grabbed a bunch more. I think I might order a hobby box since I don't think there is any chance I'll get lucky enough to score more blasters.

3 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

@Ausden

Is Luis Robert legit you think? I pulled a couple of his rookie cards and sold them already. If I pull any more maybe I'll keep 'em.

No question he will be a mega star. The guy is freak of nature athletically.

Btw, I’ll be happy to take one of his cards off your hand should you get duplicates